boulardii and food antifungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions boulardii and food antifungals

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

so i was doing a pretty good job for almost a month with the florastor and not mixing with anything antifungal (though i do still use olive oil in salad dressing). it seemed the boulardii may have been helping, at least in that my tongue looked a bit pinker.

anyway, i made grilled veggies on my new grill last night, and spread out maybe 2 cloves of garlic as a paste over them. i felt some tummy rumbling and realized it was a mistake. also, i made a pumpkin bread with coconut flour in it (mixed with a bit of teff and buckwheat). i maybe used 3/4 of a cup in the full loaf. i ran out of teff and only had coconut flour to mix with. im worried about eating this since coconut flour is antifungal.

did i just ruin a full months worth of boulardii w/ these antifungal foods? (bread was eaten a few times)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the boulardii will continue to repopulate if you continue to take more capsules. Keep in mind that it only remains in the digestive tract for 3 days and then its gone for good from your body. So if you killed it some, it was gonna die anyways…

So I wouldn’t worry about the garlic really either or the bread…

-raster

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Thanks raster!

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Should you stop kefir and all major anti fungal food sources when using boulardii, i drink 2 glasses a day very sour kefir.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would stop the major antifungal foods and since kefir contains yeast, I would consider avoiding it too. I would replace with a probiotic instead, you can take probiotics which boulardii.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘boulardii and food antifungals’ is closed to new replies.