Bought buckwheat – now what?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bought buckwheat – now what?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jo2212 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I need some suggestions on how/what to cook with the buckwheat.

Thanks

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Did you buy flour or groats?

The flour can be made into bread, tortilla wraps, crackers etc. The groats can be used like a rice substitute.

Jo

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I didn’t realize there were options. My bag says whole grain/ hot cereal/creamy buckwheat. It gives directions but was hoping to use as you mentioned above.

Thanks

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

I think that’s what I call buckwheat flakes, they can be boiled to make a porridge like breakfast with cinnamon/stevia/coconut/kefir, whatever takes your fancy or I like to toast them (they only take a few minutes under the grill) and sprinkle them on my yoghurt.

Apart from that I’m not sure what else can be done with them, I’ve sprinkled them on my bread before but only really to make it look nice.

Flour is more versitile and can be made into lots of different things, I made a quiche today which was very nice and something a bit different for lunch. If you are used to eating wheat the flavour of buckwheat products may take a little getting used to though.

Jo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bought buckwheat – now what?’ is closed to new replies.