Bob's Red Mills Cereals/Flours

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bob's Red Mills Cereals/Flours

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Is it necessary to purchase the organic and/or listed as gluten-free versions (Oat Bran, buckwheat, etc).

Trying to purchase some and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Organic is nearly always better, but I buy the gluten-free kind, which is not organic, I believe. My gluten allergy is so sensitive that I can’t mess around :p If you don’t have celiac or a gluten sensitivity, you can probably buy the organic one, which I think is actually cheaper than the GF stuff.

serenedream

Thanks Shay, I agree. I clicked on the links from the strict diet protocol and it lead to Bob’s on Amazon that didn’t specify gluten-free or organic, so I wasn’t sure.

Is Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder acceptable? http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Hemp-Protein-Powder-16-oz-453-g/29630

shayfo

That should be fine. Able recommends hemp on the strict diet list. I’ve been using a hemp protein powder, but it’s not Bob’s Red Mill brand.

serenedream

Great, thank you for the replies. What do you put the hemp protein powder in? I’m thinking maybe my yogurt and hot cereals… trying to stock up while I can 😉

shayfo

That’s essentially what I do…kefir and hot cereal, mostly. I added it to alexalgebra’s garlic herb biscuit recipe, too.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I think it’s SO GOOD in hot cereal! I love it! It makes it heartier, in my opinion. Plus, I just love the taste of hemp.

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

What brand/kind do you use for this? I have researched a few and basically came up with manitoba harvest or nutivea, but wanted to see what others use. Thanks 🙂

shayfo

I’ve been using Manitoba Harvest, though I have no idea how it compares to any other brand (it’s the only one I’ve tried).

alexalgebra

I also use Manitoba Harvest…it’s the cheapest I could fine.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

I have been wondering the same thing. The link in the strict diet seems to point to non-organic products. I can’t even find organic ground hemp seed, if it exists. =(

Are Bob’s products organic by default perhaps?

shayfo

Bob’s are not organic by default. I had to choose between certified gluten-free oat bran and organic oat bran, since I have a sensitive gluten allergy. It would be ideal if they started making a gluten-free organic one, but that hasn’t happened yet.

alexalgebra

I’m pretty sure my hempseed is organic…I have Nutiva this week.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bob's Red Mills Cereals/Flours’ is closed to new replies.