Blood Test Results

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Blood Test Results

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  matthewmoore3 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

matthewmoore3
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m new to the forum.. hi! 🙂

My girlfriend has been dealing with various Candida, allergy, histamine and belly related issues for quite a while.. but it seems like her candida related symptoms are improving after a few months following certain diets and finding things that work for her..

She has mostly been her own detective, and doctors have seemed relatively unhelpful and unknowledgable and has been somewhat a wild goose chase at times

I wanted to post her blood test antibody results she had yesterday to see what people think as the doctor didn’t seem to really know much..

it was done in germany.. ill post exactly as it is on sheet..

IHA-Test 1:160 Titer <1:160
    IgG-EIT negativ U/ml <100
    IgA-EIT negativ
    IgM-EIT 66.6 U/ml neg: <60.0

IgM appears a bit raised.. but ive also seen places that say below 1.0 is ok.. (and thought maybe this is 100 on this scale)

Any thoughts on these results would be much appreciated, do these results actually seem pretty ok? she is feeling pretty good, should she just carry on with the diet? or be more concerned?

Also would any of this actually indicate candida in the bloodstream itself, or just in the body in general.. it seems very serious to have candida in the bloodstream (?) how should these results be interpreted?

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Candida can only enter the bloodstream if you are severely immuno-compromised, and once candida is in the bloodstream you have a directly life-threatening situation. We’re talking emergency room and a life expectancy of one to two weeks.

I do not know about the specific IgX values you mention. I do know that these can be raised even if the pathogen is not in the bloodstream. This is caused by the white blood cells, which can leave the bloodstream and go almost anywhere in the body. That way, they can detect pathogens that are not in the bloodstream, and start an immunoreaction against those pathogens. That results in increased IgX levels.

Though this is only partial information (I don’t write about things of which I don’t have enough knowledge), I hope it helps, even if only a bit.

Rabelais

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Rabelais;58683 wrote: Candida can only enter the bloodstream if you are severely immuno-compromised, and once candida is in the bloodstream you have a directly life-threatening situation. We’re talking emergency room and a life expectancy of one to two weeks.

Antigens for candida are in the bloodstream and can be measured.
    There are actually no conclusive tests for determining candida. The best test is probably a candida5 test.

Rabelais
    Blocked

TheChosenOne;58685 wrote: Antigens for candida are in the bloodstream and can be measured.

Er, yes. That’s what I intended to say in my second paragraph.

Rabelais

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

TheChosenOne;58685 wrote: The best test is probably a candida5 test.

How many times can one test kit be used?

matthewmoore3

Thanks for the replies Rebelais, lead and the chosen one..

id like to try and clarify my understanding here in general of what has been said, excuse if i ask anything silly..

going by what is said so far it seems if candida is in the bloodstream that is highly dangerous, fatal etc.. but this is rare (i dont suspect my girlfriend has this, im just interested to work these things out)

but then it is suggested antigens for candida can be in the bloodstream and i assume this is more normal and usual?

if this is so what is the difference between what we may call candida itself (would we call this pathogen?) and candida antigens..

would a raised antibody level both fight the candida in the body in general and antigens in the bloodsteam?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antigens are a immune response within the body to fight infection and the test your gf took measured these antigens. It means that her immune system is fighting something, but the test itself cannot determine whether it is fighting candida or not I believe. You would need seperate tests to determine whether candida is the culprit I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigen

She could be fighting mono for all we know…

Why did she get these tests, did a doctor prescribe them?

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: excuse if i ask anything silly..

Nothing is silly. This forum’s very purpose is to share information and to educate. Ask any question you like, that’s why this forum exists.

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: going by what is said so far it seems if candida is in the bloodstream that is highly dangerous, fatal etc..

Correct.

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: but this is rare (i dont suspect my girlfriend has this, im just interested to work these things out)

Correct.

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: but then it is suggested antigens for candida can be in the bloodstream and i assume this is more normal and usual?

Correct.

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: if this is so what is the difference between what we may call candida itself (would we call this pathogen?) and candida antigens..

Candida is the beast. Antigens are substances that the body produces in order to attack the beast.

matthewmoore3;58694 wrote: would a raised antibody level both fight the candida in the body in general and antigens in the bloodsteam?

If antigens against candida are found, it means that candida (“the beast”) is somewhere in the body, and that the body is fighting it.

It does not say where the candida is.

It also does not say whether the fight against candida is successful.

• If the fight is successful, you’ll have increased amounts of antigens as long as the fight is going on, and some time afterward. Then, some time after the candida went away, the antigen levels drop to normal levels.
    • If the fight in moderately successful, such that the candida remains present but its numbers are kept in check, you will have increased levels of antigens during the entire time.
    • If the fight is not successful and candida is winning, you will also have increased levels of antigens, because the body keeps fighting even if it is losing.

For many infections, the types if IgX and their levels indicate which infection is being fought by the body. But I do not know which antigen levels are raised to which levels in case of a candida problem.

I hope this helps clarifying what’s happening.

Rabelais

matthewmoore3

Great, much appreciated Rabelias..

raster.. im not actually quite sure exactly how the test came about, i cant quite keep up with her medical things at the mo, but am seeing it isnt at all a simple diagnosis.. 🙂

she is pretty certain she has Candida, the diagnosis isnt so important to prove i think.. the main thing really was there was some confusion about what is or isnt in the bloodstream, as the doctor didnt seem to indicate what exactly was in the bloodstream, and we thought it was possible Candida itself was in there, or just wasnt sure how it all worked, what was being tested etc .. or also how to interpret the results in general as to the levels of things

I think the main thing probably is my girlfriend feels she is getting better.. and the proof is in the pudding, as they say.. especially when it seems little else can be proved ‘officially’..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blood Test Results’ is closed to new replies.