Blood sugar and other issues

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Blood sugar and other issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cc92
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello all,

I’ve been experiencing horrendous hypoglycemia symptoms the past few days. Throughout the diet it has not been unusual for me to wake up at 3:30 or 4 a.m. needing to eat, even if I had a substantial dinner. I had been dealing with really bad hypoglycemia before I started the diet and the diet seemed to be helping. If I woke up in the night, I usually just needed to eat normally for the rest of the day to get back on track. However, these past few nights I have woken up every single night (4 nights in a row, this is the 5th) at exactly the same time, 3:30-4, and it has been progressively worse each night- feeling hungrier than before, needing to eat more before I can go back to sleep, having a harder time going back to sleep, etc. It has made life miserable for me, to the point where I can hardly function or go to work, and I am feeling like an emotional wreck from the stress and confusion of it. No matter how much or when I eat throughout the day, I feel constantly hungry. I also feel a sore throat coming on, which is discouraging since I had been doing this to heal my immune system. I never cheat on the diet, have followed all the guidelines perfectly, and am simply perplexed and so deeply worried that this is happening to me.

I have been on the strict diet for about 2 months. I wasn’t eating any fruit at all until recently, but I have included some grains–quinoa and very occasionally brown rice. Last week, I was feeling good so I tried to reintroduce some low-sugar fruits (dark berries, green apples) and I even tried to have beans. I didn’t feel very good after so I stopped. I get plenty of healthy fats from avocado and coconut oil, I eat nuts, eggs, salads, chicken, turkey, and green shakes throughout the day and as my snacks at night,

I am literally at my wit’s end. My naturopath is out of ideas, she thinks maybe it is a parasite but something tells me that’s not it. Has anyone gone through similar or can you think or anything else I could possibly try, even just to get through the night?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You might just not be eating enough, this happened to me a few weeks back.  I know you say you are eating plenty but you haven’t listed everything out.

Ideally you need to eat 3-4 course meals and snacks between meals (sounds like you are doing this ).

It wouldn’t hurt to get tested for diabetes and other blood sugar diseases.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Blood sugar and other issues’ is closed to new replies.