blood in BM?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions blood in BM?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Shannon29
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Hello,

I have been on the candida diet for about a month now, and finally convinced my boyfriend that his chronic colitis/diverticulitis/abdominal and digestive issues were due to a severe candida overgrowth. He did a mild colon cleanse (his work schedule didn’t allow for him to do a deep one) and he has started the diet. It’s only been 4 days and he is experiencing very intense cramping along with severe diharrea (like going 12x a day!). He also found a bit of blood when he wiped in his last couple of BMs. He hasn’t started antifungals or probitoics. Just the diet changes. Has anyone experienced anything like this? My die off symptoms are completely different (constipation, sore throat, anxiety) so I’m not sure what will help him. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Shannon29 wrote: I have been on the candida diet for about a month now, and finally convinced my boyfriend that his chronic colitis/diverticulitis/abdominal and digestive issues were due to a severe candida overgrowth. He did a mild colon cleanse (his work schedule didn’t allow for him to do a deep one) and he has started the diet. It’s only been 4 days and he is experiencing very intense cramping along with severe diharrea (like going 12x a day!). He also found a bit of blood when he wiped in his last couple of BMs. He hasn’t started antifungals or probitoics. Just the diet changes. Has anyone experienced anything like this? My die off symptoms are completely different (constipation, sore throat, anxiety) so I’m not sure what will help him. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Sometimes blood can be seen in the stools during die-off, which he may be experiencing. Is he taking anything to lessen the die-off effects?

Able

Shannon29

I gave him some molybdenum (300 mcg) and also some aloe vera, but I was afraid to give him anything else because his condition seems to be so severe. Could die off really be affecting him this bad after only 4 days of diet change?

Able900
    Spectator

Shannon29 wrote: I gave him some molybdenum (300 mcg) and also some aloe vera, but I was afraid to give him anything else because his condition seems to be so severe. Could die off really be affecting him this bad after only 4 days of diet change?

It could if his infestation is that bad. What symptoms did he experience as far as a Candida infestation? Is he taking any supplements at all? Vitamins, teas, etc. What did he use for the cleanse?

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

The question is if the blood is coming from the irritation of going so much to the toilette. Irritation from the paper on the anus. Or if there are other issues. Is the blood light red I would wait and see. But if he has dark blood. He has to go and have it cleared up from a MD.

Its very important to have a thorough check up.

cheers
    Thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Faecal transplants have been shown to completely cure colitis, but medicine is resisting them, so you’d be lucky to find somewhere to get one. Colitis is linked to a variety of bugs, so I wouldn’t assume it’s candida without a better diagnosis. It’s a pretty serious issue, and blood and diarrhoea probably indicate a flare up. You can assume it’s dysbiosis of some kind. Diet and probiotics may help if it’s confined to the colon. I’ve heard good things about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and GAPS diet for colitis, but I’m not sure if it provides anything over than symptomatic relief. Hasn’t he had a stool analysis or other tests to give you a better idea? Seems like he should see a doctor in any case.

Shannon29

I took him to the hospital last night and it turns out that it was an episode of his colitis. The doctor said that the candida diet and the colitis diet are very similar, so either way it can only help him. He also said that garlic and probiotics are also good for either case so it would be good for him to go on both of those. Today he is feeling much better, and he is starting digestive enzymes as recommended by the doc. I was surprised the conventional doc was as open minded as he was.

Able900
    Spectator

Shannon29 wrote: I took him to the hospital last night and it turns out that it was an episode of his colitis. The doctor said that the candida diet and the colitis diet are very similar, so either way it can only help him. He also said that garlic and probiotics are also good for either case so it would be good for him to go on both of those. Today he is feeling much better, and he is starting digestive enzymes as recommended by the doc.

I was surprised the conventional doc was as open minded as he was.

Wow, so am I; it’s so unusual to find a doctor like this in the US, and especially in an emergency room. He sounds like a doctor who actually reads his monthly medical journals instead of throwing them on his desk to be forgotten. You were very lucky to have had a doctor like this on such short notice.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘blood in BM?’ is closed to new replies.