bloating

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Is bloating after I eat anything be a symptom of leaky gut? Its been a little more then three weeks on the diet and still bloating. Its very bothersome and I hope its not bacteria overgrowth also on top of my yeast. Any thoughts or comments if Bloating is common with overgrowth and leaky gut? or can it even still be die off? thanks

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

It can take a while to heal a leaky gut. Have you tried an elimination diet where you add things back in slowly to see what’s causing the bloating? And keep a food diary.

Also, are you taking any L-glutamine? It helps heal the digestive tract.

When you say ‘bloating after anything you eat’, what kind of timeframe are you experiencing this in? If it’s right away to about withing 15 to 20 minutes of eating then that’s more likely your stomach. If it’s an hour or more later than that’s most likely your small intestines.. and beyond that your colon. Also the location of the bloating can be key. In my case I appear to have a hiatal hernia so it was pretty much right away with the fullness and belching. But some things I eat will cause bloating later on and lower down.

moochpb

well its been about four weeks with no gluten, no dairy other then just starting greek no fat plain yogurt.I eat veggies, organic eggs, organic chicken, lean turkey, and some almond butter. I bloat right after I eat, I get full but then starve two hours later. I m a mixed martial art fighter and my diet was pasta everyday, potatoes, butter, tons of cheese, chinese food, pizza, whey protein shakes, casein protein shakes, and a weightgainer before bed. I ate constantly and I ate a ton. I never weighed more then 145 because of my metabolism and workout regime. 6 months ago I began the bloating and acid reflux which after the holistic Dr my reflux has been real good. I do have a hiata hernia but its under 1 cm. I bloat right away and it stays with me all day. I wake up in the morning and its much better, but again it doesnt matter what I eat. I hope its not a colon problem. Im so stressed over this but I read it can take awhile to get your digestive system back….And yes I do take glutamine..thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bloating has nothing to do with leaky gut and is a general symptom of the overgrowth. If you supplement yourself with HCL (hydro-chloric acid) this likely will reduce the problem. Another great supplement is the juniper extract or homeopathic which reduces bloating. Leaky gut has to do with allergies and if you are allergic to anything, this is due to leaky gut.

-raster

moochpb

For the past four days I started using hcl about one or two pills. It hasn’t done anything yet, maybe take more pills? I’m assuming I can get juniper extract at a local vitamin shop. I’m gonna cut out almond butter because a few yrs ago my allergist said I was allergic to almonds, plus i get allergy shots for mold and pollen. However my food sensitivity blood tests showed u was fine with almonds, but if its a mold I might stay away. 131 pound male looks rediculous bloated

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

If your bloating right after you eat and then you feel hungry 2 hours later sounds like bad bacterial overgrowth in your stomach. Bacteria produces more acids than yeast=cause you to be hungrier faster. Sometimes certain bacteria can produce stronger acids than others. The bloating can be caused from the excess ammonia. Testing might be necessary.

Yeast overgrowth will usually make you feel like your food is just sitting there and you will not feel hungry for a long time (slow fermentation).

Have you been tested for bad bacteria in the stomach? Ammonia levels?

Glutamine can cause bloating for some. Take it on empty stomach to see if it causes bloating or not.

Are you taking anything that would cause die-off? Die-off can cause some bloating.

moochpb

I have always been hungry even after heavy meals my whole life. I have yeast for sure because of way overuse of steroid and antibiotics for chronic sinus infections. Every two months for two years which is fungal most likely. I tested for bacteria overgrowth in my stool and came back negative. I had yeast though in my sample. A gi dr gave me the salt water magnesium drink that made me remove my bowels and gave me meds for bacteria overgrowth for 3 weeks and nothing happened. I’ve been on prilosec and nexium and it made it worse. I’m on antifungal teas that created die off for a week and another tea for colon function. So idk if the teas are bloating me even more. Idk what to do next other then wait. I just left my general dr and she is so clueless

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

You say you have a small hiatal hernia (I’m assuming the size of 1cm was determined by endoscopy?) It’s possible it’s gotten worse since you were tested? Have you tried having it adjusted by a chiropractor or Naturopath? Have you tried the heel bounce exercises (when you wake up drink a full glass of warm water and bounce on your heels)? You can also try stretches such as hanging from a pullup bar (hang on to the bar with your hands and bend your knees so that your weight is pulling your torso straight. Since I’ve been doing these things I’m able to eat more before feeling full and I’ve had less belching.

moochpb

my chiropractor does work on my hernia, Im seeing a different naturalpath on Saturday so hopefully she has something to tell me. Its just hard when Drs tell you the diet I m on of low carbs and low sugar isnt healthy at all. SO the hernia will always cause me to bloat? But I have read on many posts on here it takes awhile for your digestive system to get back on track and in two weeks I have a breathing test to do to test for bacteria overgrowth too. SO I guess just have patience but living life day by day is real tough. Im going back to work on Monday after being out for a month due to my nose surgery, but Im able to do my sport again which takes my mind off of this stuff. Then I might get a scope again and see how big the hernia is now. thanks

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

UncleOxidant;31965 wrote:
    Also, are you taking any L-glutamine? It helps heal the digestive tract.

Don’t be shy with L-glutamine. The bottle may say use 500mgs (one scoop) per day as a dietary supplement. However, I’ve read one can safely increase up to 1,000mgs a day, at each meal if one wishes. I haven’t gone that far yet but, am working up to 2 dosages of 1,000mgs a day. Also, more than one person has told me to ‘drink LOTS OF WATER” when using l-glutamine.

Blessings.

moochpb

I’ve been on glutamine for 15 years. Weightlifting and combat sports. But I changed protein shakes to a all vegan shake and add glutamine. Tastes terrible lol. But casein started acting bad with me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bloating’ is closed to new replies.