Bleeding Gums

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bleeding Gums

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

_valeree
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Are bleeding/swollen gums a sign of Candida? If so, why? And does this mean I have oral thrush? Usually when I take vitamin C it resolves, but as soon as I stop, it comes back. It’s so frustrating!

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

I used to have bleeding gums for a long time. That’s years ago now, but it was a real problem back then.

My gums were swollen only occasionally. Sometimes, something like a whitish swollen “dot” would appear on the gums.

In my case, the problem was partly in oral hygiene, and mostly in the way I brushed my teeth.

I improved my oral hygiene by asking the dentist and the dental hygienist (don’t know the proper translation in English – that’s what this person is called in my language) for help. Most of the improvement came from using special toothpicks for cleaning the interdental spaces. I also started using tiny toothpick-shaped brushes.

I also changed my brushing habits. I brushed from left to right, applying quite some pressure. I changed that into brushing top-bottom, and applying almost no pressure at all. Using an electric toothbrush helped a lot, though I could have achieved my goal using an ordinary hand brush.

My gums are never swollen now. I never see the whitish dots. Bleeding gums are an exception, I think I see a tiny amount of blood once every two years.

I strongly advise you to consult a caring dentist, or a dental hygienist if that exists in your country.

_valeree
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Thanks Floggi! I will be seeing my dentist in a month, so I will mention the problem. I’ve just never has this issue in the past. Hopefully it’s not a sign of gingivitis 🙁

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I asked my dentist, who is holistic and very up on alternative medicine, that question a few years ago and got the answer to take vitamin c. The body uses vit c at a much faster rate when its under stress and the candida diet is pretty deficient in it, so its no surprise that some will experience symptoms of deficiency.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding Gums’ is closed to new replies.