Bladder infection

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bladder infection

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  NadjaB 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Hello! 🙂

I have a bladder inflammation, again.
    I have the last few days trying to “cure” it with cranberry pills and an a lot of water, but it will not go away.

The bladder inflammation is not so bad this time. Normally there would be blood out with the urine, but this time it just hurts and I feel like I have to pee all the time.

It is my first bladder infection in 5 moths (YAY!). At one point I had it every other month and got antibiotics every time for ten days.

Do you have some advice? I would rather not go to the doctor to be told that I need to take antibiotics, again, so the candida infection gets worse.

Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Vitamin C, especially taken every hour for the last four or five hours after your last meal of the day will help to retard the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract. So try taking extra vitamin C all day long and especially after the last meal. 1000 mg every hour is a good dosage. Of course drink a lot of water with this.

Also if you’re not taking olive leaf extract in liquid or capsules, I would definitely try these and follow the directions on the container. Nettle leaf herb capsules and tea should also help. If you only want to take either the capsules or the tea but not both, always go with the capsules since you’ll be ingesting more of the herb than in tea form.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There may be a liver problem as well; I have been dealing with my frequent urination problem recently and got some tests done. I have elevated levels of liver enzymes; this is likely because I stopped taking one of my supplements for a few months (juniper root homeopathic) which protects the liver and kidneys. Are you taking molybdenum? Because this protects your liver and kidneys as well.

-raster

NadjaB

Thank you for your advice.
    I will get some vit. C. I think I already got some nettle tea.

I take no olive leaf extract or molybdenum. Not because I don’t want to but because I can’t afford it. I’m studying with no job and a my family’s economic situation is poor so they can’t help me. It’s very sad and sometimes I can’t even follow the diet 100% because of the lack of money.

PrettyInPink23
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Nadja. I agree. Diet is hard to follow when youre broke. I am a student as well and do not work, therefore have very little money. 🙁

Hang in there!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Nadja,

There is an herb called UVA which is traditionally used in my country to heal or help with bladder infections. We generally drink like 2 quarts of tea made from uva per day, but there are tinctures that you can purchase and take, and other supplements. Here are few english sites that mention it that I found in google.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/314600-taking-uva-ursi-for-urinary-tract-infections/

http://www.utireport.com/uti-articles/natural-urinary-tract-infection-remedies.htm

I had UTI’s a lot when younger, but it all went away when I moved in California. Not sure if it was the climate, water quality (we drink water out of the faucet here) or the proper diet I had there (organic, mostly veggies and meat, kefir daily) that made it go away. I am back in my country for a third year and I am still fine, had irritated bladder few times but nothing more. Anyway, back to the subject, I was advised back then by old ladies to do the following for a month:
    – drink lemon first thing in the morning for one weak
    – drink mineral water first think in the morning (in my country there is only sparkling mineral water, not sure if it matters)
    – repeat first week
    – repeat second week

This used to help me. Now, I had my urine tested and I was battling E-Coli in my bladder and kidneys at that point so. Had sand in kidneys as well.

Did you have you urine tested for bacteria three days in a row?

Hope some of this helps.

Arijana

NadjaB

I will try the “cure” the old ladies recommended you Arijana.

I don’t know why I keep getting these infections. Maybe it’s because of candida?

I haven’t been tested this time, and the other times I only got tested once.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

NadjaB wrote: I will try the “cure” the old ladies recommended you Arijana.

I don’t know why I keep getting these infections. Maybe it’s because of candida?

I haven’t been tested this time, and the other times I only got tested once.

I’ve read in few places online that candida and E-Coli are “great friends” or that they follow each other often. If you can, you should get your urine tested. Doctor can offer antibiotics but you don’t have to take them, it’s up to you in the end. If it’s E-Coly, that could be mean and you should get it treated as it can harm your kidneys. My infection was so bad once that doctors were worried that I will loose the kidney function completely. Doctors kept giving me broad spectrum antibiotics which would help for a little while and then the minute I stop the infection would come back with full blast. Finally the had me on some mean drug which was taken via IV for about a week or 10 days (don’t remember quite now) and this helped. I had it come back two more times with kidney attacks and once even it touched my lungs as well. The last one I had was back in ’94, yay 🙂 I had few UTI’s but not as bad. Last one I had three years ago and almost made me have my girls month early but I got out of it 🙂

I highly recommend getting uva if you have access to it. It does alleviate the symptoms fairly quickly and it helps getting rid of the UTI. There is no house with female in Bosnia that does not have a tea or instant tea of uva 🙂

Good luck!

Arijana

NadjaB

I can’t find any uva in DK :/

But if don’t get rid of the symptoms next week I’ll go to the doctor.
    Drinking a lot of lemon mean while and until the stores open and I can get some vitamin C and all the other supplements. I’ll use my savings account. A vacaiton where I feel like shit vs. being at home and feel fantastic. I choose home!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bladder infection’ is closed to new replies.