Black Pepper!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Black Pepper!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  oneflyride 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’ve been having these cravings for black pepper on everything, even though in the past, I didn’t care for it much. I just did a little research on it to make sure that it wasn’t going to be doing anything bad to me and found this out:

(From [http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=74](http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=74))

Improve Digestion and Promote Intestinal Health

Black pepper (Piper nigrum)stimulates the taste buds in such a way that an alert is sent to to the stomach to increase hydrochloric acid secretion, thereby improving digestion. Hydrochloric acid is necessary for the digestion of proteins and other food components in the stomach. When the body’s production of hydrochloric acid is insufficient, food may sit in the stomach for an extended period of time, leading to heartburn or indigestion, or it may pass into the intestines, where it can be used as a food source for unfriendly gut bacteria, whose activities produce gas, irritation, and/or diarrhea or constipation.

Black pepper has long been recognized as a carminitive, (a substance that helps prevent the formation of intestinal gas), a property likely due to its beneficial effect of stimulating hydrochloric acid production. In addition, black pepper has diaphoretic (promotes sweating), and diuretic (promotes urination) properties.

Black pepper has demonstrated impressive antioxidant and antibacterial effects–yet another way in which this wonderful seasoning promotes the health of the digestive tract. And not only does black pepper help you derive the most benefit from your food, the outer layer of the peppercorn stimulates the breakdown of fat cells, keeping you slim while giving you energy to burn.

Rad!! I’m gonna dump it on even more now ;D

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Very interesting. I will increase my black pepper. Tomorrow I’m making homemade salsa to put on chicken

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Awesome, Alex. I’m obsessed with freshly cracked black pepper, and this makes me glad of it.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I was using crushed black pepper for the first few weeks on the diet. However, I read somewhere that it can kill off good bacteria in the body. I’ll try to find the source for it. Hopefully I am wrong about this, as I do enjoy it. I’m too afraid to use it though.

Maybe Able or Raster has something on this subject.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

kodaz2005;34502 wrote: I was using crushed black pepper for the first few weeks on the diet. However, I read somewhere that it can kill off good bacteria in the body. I’ll try to find the source for it. Hopefully I am wrong about this, as I do enjoy it. I’m too afraid to use it though.

Maybe Able or Raster has something on this subject.

poop!! i hope not!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t remember anything on the forum about not using black pepper (I use it myself). I have just given warnings about using spicy food which can inflame your gut, etc. Black pepper is not a hot spice!

-raster

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Because of its antibacterial properties, pepper is also used to preserve food. It is a source of manganese, iron, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin K and dietary fiber. Black pepper is a very good, anti-inflammatory agent.

oneflyride
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

The day I started using black pepper in nearly all of my foods my digestion and saliva production increased tremendously . I don’t need digestive enzymes , black pepper does the job beautifully . I recommend everyone use it as undigested food is just food for candida.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Black Pepper!’ is closed to new replies.