Bitters and hcl

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bitters and hcl

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

If your on Swedish bitters can or do you need to take hcl with meals also?

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

moochpb;39268 wrote: If your on Swedish bitters can or do you need to take hcl with meals also?

Hey mooch, I was wondering the same! I am glad you asked this question.

Also (to raster or Able, etc): on the back of my Swedish bitters bottle, a warning says “Product contains Senna, discontinue use if diarrhea occurs” (paraphrasing since I don’t have the bottle in front of me). This is/was a symptom of mine that I attributed to die-off. I stopped taking the bitters for almost a week now, and have taken HCL 2x per day with meals. Since then, I have noticed more regular, normal BM’s. Do you think this is this just a coincidence? How important are the Bitters in the protocol? As always, thank you!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello serene,

I think you made a good decision personally.

I am unsure whether you need both or not and haven’t taken bitters before. I take the alternative which is digestive enzymes. Able doesn’t think their effective and/or can bring harm but I can tell you otherwise.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I agree with raster because I am extremely sensitive, and that is the reason why I never took bitters even though Able believes in them. I have no colon, so things can fly quickly through me. My doctor prescribed this digestive enzyme for me, and then I have started taking hcl to supplement on occasion.

http://www.integrativeinc.com/Products/Products-by-Health-Concern/Digestion-and-Gastrointestinal/Gastrointestinal-Lining-and-Permeability/136006-Gastric-Complex-With-Gamma-Oryzanol-and-DGL.aspx

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Thank you both for the responses. I’ve never had digestive issues (or symptoms) until finishing a round of antibiotics in January. Since then and self-diagnosing CRC, I was either one way or the other (in terms of BMs). However, since discontinuing the Swedish Bitters this past week due to the label warning, I’ve noticed it “stabilizing” so to speak with more solidity and regularity. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or a part of the treatment where die-off (constipation or diarrhea) is weaning. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and discontinued the Swedish Bitters.

On a separate note, a friend of mine who has lost over 80 lbs and is now in amazing, bodybuilding shape (eats stricter than the anti-candida diet usually), takes digestive enzymes regularly. While I assume this is a more expensive route, it makes me wonder what would work for me since I am not sure if I can afford another life-long supplement to take.

Right now, I am not taking digestive enzymes or bitters, and just HCL. Will do some research and appreciate the responses!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I feel like the bitters are making me bloat less. I read it increases your hcl by taking bitters that’s why I’m wondering if I can take an hcl supplement also? So idk, but enzymes didnt help me too much at all

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

moochpb;39294 wrote: I feel like the bitters are making me bloat less. I read it increases your hcl by taking bitters that’s why I’m wondering if I can take an hcl supplement also? So idk, but enzymes didnt help me too much at all

Hi mate, I think you can take both if you can stomach them. Your body will tell you. Even lemmon can increases your acid levels. One can test ones personal level by taking each day one capsule hcl more until you get a burning sensation. Than you lower it with one capsule per meal. Some people where up to 10 capsules for each meal until they got a burning sensation. There is a good book about stomach acids.

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Stomach-Acid-Good-You/dp/0871319314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363375199&sr=8-1&keywords=stomach+acids

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:1whHEjTFFXkJ:drnatashaturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Clear-MedicineHCL-challenge.pdf+&hl=sv&gl=se&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjgCtyfQZTqBlJuo2Ecf6PCnaXR8KN-akKNMBpJjNXn3KZq_0vf5IzL7GNtY6a9H7iRVFt5CLQalBMWa8RTAwgjDwFuuSFS1HztP7P8AD80lCFQUacZR-CtV-3WQCAMdgi0DXEc&sig=AHIEtbR8lPSz7t5_07Mz8w5f3DCN0evdvg

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bitters and hcl’ is closed to new replies.