Biotin

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Hi. I’ve been reading and studying again and again the information that was suggested to me. I’m making a few tweaks to what I’ve been doing and last night I added Biotin for the first time and this morning I was taken out! Not horribly so, but I’m having die off symptoms that I haven’t had in a long time. I thought I had things a bit under control – but maybe not enough. I did some googling and found some info – but nothing succinct. Has anyone here experienced nausea, neck pain/stiffness, dizziness, confusion from adding biotin? At first I thought I was coming down with the stomach flu – and maybe I still am. My guts are rumbling for the first time in a long time too.

s.

It’s not the stomach flu…..and I feel pretty crappy. Can biotin do this? I took one 1000mcg before bed last night.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

You are aware of the fact that biotin does cause a bit of Toxicity

“Animal studies have indicated few, if any, effects due to high level doses of biotin. This may provide evidence that both animals and humans could tolerate doses of at least an order of magnitude greater than each of their nutritional requirements. There are no reported cases of adverse effects from receiving high doses of the vitamin, in particular, when used in the treatment of metabolic disorders causing sebhorrheic dermatitis in infants”

Wikipidia

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Able900 wrote: Biotin: 1000 mcg a day for four days, then 1000 mcg a day morning and evening after meals. You can start reducing the amount if the die-off becomes very strong, or once your Candida symptoms begin to lessen.
    Normally, in addition to being in some of the food we eat, biotin is formed by beneficial bacteria in the system. But Candida sufferers are habitually deficient in beneficial bacteria (otherwise it’s doubtful that they would have contracted Candida). In studies, the majority of Candida sufferers who are tested show a deficiency of Biotin.

This is from Able’s post on vitamins/minerals (https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx) so the way I interpret it is that it could cause die-off. Try not taking it and see if your symptoms improve or not.

Hope this helps!

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

orka1998 wrote:

Biotin: 1000 mcg a day for four days, then 1000 mcg a day morning and evening after meals. You can start reducing the amount if the die-off becomes very strong, or once your Candida symptoms begin to lessen.
    Normally, in addition to being in some of the food we eat, biotin is formed by beneficial bacteria in the system. But Candida sufferers are habitually deficient in beneficial bacteria (otherwise it’s doubtful that they would have contracted Candida). In studies, the majority of Candida sufferers who are tested show a deficiency of Biotin.

This is from Able’s post on vitamins/minerals (https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx) so the way I interpret it is that it could cause die-off. Try not taking it and see if your symptoms improve or not.

Hope this helps!

Arijana

I haven’t noticed too much on the biotin tbh, I’ve been taking the recommended vitamins and minerals now for a couple of weeks so hopefully I should start seeing some improvements there soon.

PrettyInPink23
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

I have been taking exactly what the site says. I thought some were high doses, but I checked with my local health food store buddy and he said its a reasonable amount for someone fighting something off..

Also…
    Has anyone here experienced nausea, neck pain/stiffness, dizziness, confusion from adding biotin–

I havent noticed anything new from the supplements (4 days now)…but I experience every single one of those symptoms everyday anyways. I learned that I gotta believe its normal or Ill go crazy.

Im dizzy, i black out when i stand up, i cant think, horrible. Hang in there

orka1998
    Participant

PrettyInPink23 wrote: I have been taking exactly what the site says. I thought some were high doses, but I checked with my local health food store buddy and he said its a reasonable amount for someone fighting something off..

Also…
    Has anyone here experienced nausea, neck pain/stiffness, dizziness, confusion from adding biotin–

I havent noticed anything new from the supplements (4 days now)…but I experience every single one of those symptoms everyday anyways. I learned that I gotta believe its normal or Ill go crazy.

Those could be die-off symptoms. I had them all but I never took too much biotin because I was under some heavy die-off at the beginning of the treatment and was worried that it will make it worse.

Are you taking molybdenum and other die-off supplements/remedies? Any of them help?

Arijana

s.

Thanks for the interpretation of Able’s post for me. When I read it I thought it might mean that, but I also thought you could back off of it if the die off became severe “from other things”. It was defiantly the biotin. I didn’t take it again and I feel functioning. I am planning on maintaining a steady state as best I can until I move in June and then I’m going to start all over from the beginning with everything on the protocol. I missed an entire month of work this past summer and can’t afford to be messing around right now. I have a very severe case – this will take me a long time to overcome and I’m sure it will be ugly when I hit it correctly again in June.

No messing around with biotin until then.

Thank you everyone who replied. Classic example of comprehension problems. It made me realize that most of these posts are written in brain fog and severe illness states. It’s amazing that we can all communicate and comprehend as much as we do.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Biotin has been discussed several times on the forum. Here’s an old post concerning this B vitamin.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1447_Biotin-Deficiency-and-Candida.aspx

Able

s.

Able thank you. That post was pretty eye opening. Explains my rashes that no doctor could tackle, even with biopsy – or they don’t teach here to doctors – or the doctors just don’t read the journals they have access to. (shaking my head side to side – again.) But, I don’t want to think about that anymore or focus my thoughts there – I want to move forward.

Hal123
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 47

PrettyInPink23 wrote:
    Also…

I’m taking Biotin too, but hadn’t until now realised that I have all the symptoms you just described! I thought I was getting a cold or that my homeopathic remedies were causing it, but I get a really stiff neck, dizziness, confusion and a bit of nausea. I take it before I go to bed so I hadn’t made the connection, but I’ve forgotten to take it for a couple of days and suddenly I can think again and it all makes sense.

My candida does seem to get worse again when I don’t take it regularly though so I’m just going to try and weather the storm. 🙂

Hope you start feeling the good effects soon!

s.

So I couldn’t resist. I tried the biotin again Friday night and Saturday and as of Saturday evening I now have the worst vaginal yeast infection I’ve ever had in my life. It’s pretty impressive. I am taking moly and milk thistle – have been for awhile now and have gotten my symptoms down for some time. Now…..even my intestines are hurting. This is interesting. So…does biotin also make the infestation worse before better? Or should I stop taking it? My rashes are popping back out too. I haven’t made any other changes but adding the biotin.

orka1998
    Participant

s. wrote: So I couldn’t resist. I tried the biotin again Friday night and Saturday and as of Saturday evening I now have the worst vaginal yeast infection I’ve ever had in my life. It’s pretty impressive. I am taking moly and milk thistle – have been for awhile now and have gotten my symptoms down for some time. Now…..even my intestines are hurting. This is interesting. So…does biotin also make the infestation worse before better? Or should I stop taking it? My rashes are popping back out too. I haven’t made any other changes but adding the biotin.

How much biotin you are taking? Perhaps you could try low doses first? I am taking 300mcg once daily. Increased it to two per day and had some die-off so I pulled back. I am getting ready to start increasing it again. I tolerate 300mcg just fine.

Arijana

s.

So sorry – 1000mcg/day.

I didn’t take any biotin today. Not until I get some more insight into what is going on. I’m still taking Diflucan three days a week, 6 tablespoons of cocunut oil a day, oil of oregano daily, and pau d’arco tea (the tea just here and there).

Diet is scaled back again – so no oat bran, quinoa, etc. Just the allowed veggies, oils, tuna, chicken (here and there), organic eggs, and coconut bread made with coconut oil instead of olive. Lemons and limes in water too.

orka1998
    Participant

s. wrote: So sorry – 1000mcg/day.

I didn’t take any biotin today. Not until I get some more insight into what is going on. I’m still taking Diflucan three days a week, 6 tablespoons of cocunut oil a day, oil of oregano daily, and pau d’arco tea (the tea just here and there).

Diet is scaled back again – so no oat bran, quinoa, etc. Just the allowed veggies, oils, tuna, chicken (here and there), organic eggs, and coconut bread made with coconut oil instead of olive. Lemons and limes in water too.

I have a feeling it might be die-off considering everything else you are taking. Perhaps try lower dosage and increase slowly?

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Biotin’ is closed to new replies.