Biofilm

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

If someone has this “biofilm” surrounding the yeast walls, can antifungals and the diet break down this barrier or does someone need to take the enzyme Interfase Plus (which was discussed in a previous post)? Anotherwards, if a person has had candiditis for quite sometime, and has tried numerous attempts to rid it, its not going to go away unless this Interfase is taken to break down the biofilm barrier, correct? And anything (diet, antifungals) is pointless because of the barrier, ? If anyone knows anything about this…Can this “biofilm” be eroded away with sticking to the diet and time?

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

I think it ws Javizy who introduced us to the great blog Cooling Inflammation. There is some facinating information about biofilms there. http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/

But yes – you want to break down those biofilms…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a feeling that prebiotics, probiotics, antifungals, as well as some other supplements mentioned in another post can reduce biofilms, but I don’t know very much about biofilms and how to destroy them. Supposedly fermented foods help break them down too. I take fermented cod liver oil and it works against biofilms supposedly as well.

Check out this post about it:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3698_Biofilms-Possible-protocol-for-a-faster-recovery.aspx

djgorge recommends:

1-Sf 722
    2-Royal Jelly
    3-Lactoferrin
    4-EDTA
    5-Protease enzyme
    6-Probiotics

-raster

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

PEG is one I want to try. So is berberine. One doesn’t want to do this for too long though – the good bacteria also need to build biofilms……

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

raster wrote: I have a feeling that prebiotics, probiotics, antifungals, as well as some other supplements mentioned in another post can reduce biofilms, but I don’t know very much about biofilms and how to destroy them. Supposedly fermented foods help break them down too. I take fermented cod liver oil and it works against biofilms supposedly as well.

Check out this post about it:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3698_Biofilms-Possible-protocol-for-a-faster-recovery.aspx

djgorge recommends:

1-Sf 722
    2-Royal Jelly
    3-Lactoferrin
    4-EDTA
    5-Protease enzyme
    6-Probiotics

-raster

Raster,
    That is correct. Prof. Art Ayers recommends some substances to disrupt Biofilms in his Cooling Inflammation Blog. I have posted in his blog in the past asking him about candida albicans biofilms, even emailed him about this topic. The problem is that candida albicans biofilm matrix is composed by different substances than bacterial biofilms. The protocol to disrupt them isn’t the same. Candida Albicans Biofilm Matrix is mostly glucose. In bacterial biofilms, the matrix is mostly magnesium, calcium, and iron that justify using EDTA and Lactoferrin.

The reason because I have expeculated that SF-722 and Royal Jelly could be useful in the candida case is because there is a fatty acid of a bacterial origin called cis-2-decenoic acid that is proved to disrupt candida albicans biofilms by science. SF-722 is undecenoic acid, and Royal Jelly contains 2 decenoic acid. The 3 are very similar short chain fatty acids

See the study here:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19074399

See in this study candida albicans biofilm matrix composition and how glucose is the main ingredient.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16849719

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

Sf 722 , when I looked it up, says “found in human perspiration”.
    They dont mention what the source of theirs is, however, and I am interested (even though I would prefer to find a source that doesnt use gelatin) to try it.
    Is it a synthetic version? Made in a lab, like synthetic vitamins?
    If its showing promise, I would love to pursue more about it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

SF722 is made out of fish and is a fatty acid. As far as I know it is not derived from humans. Look up undecenoic acid or undecylenic acid. Acids destroy biofilms, which is something I have learned since this post was created. I have a feeling caprylic acid works for this as well which is also found in coconut oil.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54640 wrote: SF722 is made out of fish and is a fatty acid. As far as I know it is not derived from humans. Look up undecenoic acid or undecylenic acid. Acids destroy biofilms, which is something I have learned since this post was created. I have a feeling caprylic acid works for this as well which is also found in coconut oil.

-raster

that is some good news.
    I definitly like the idea of it coming from fish rather than made in a lab, seems like there is less room for error that way.

I was hoping to hear that about coconut oil ( I have read,maybe on this forum, that it might help with biofilm) but if it does, its a slow process for sure.
    Sometimes I dont feel like I am getting anywhere with it (although im not sure what I expect to see, either).

Since acids help, I will continue to take my swedish bitters too.
    Maybe the acid that creates will help as well. I know the turmeric in it is good for candida.

Do fruit acids, like lemon, help as well?

Thanks for this insight,raster.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Vegan Catlady;54644 wrote:

SF722 is made out of fish and is a fatty acid. As far as I know it is not derived from humans. Look up undecenoic acid or undecylenic acid. Acids destroy biofilms, which is something I have learned since this post was created. I have a feeling caprylic acid works for this as well which is also found in coconut oil.

-raster

that is some good news.
    I definitly like the idea of it coming from fish rather than made in a lab, seems like there is less room for error that way.

I was hoping to hear that about coconut oil ( I have read,maybe on this forum, that it might help with biofilm) but if it does, its a slow process for sure.
    Sometimes I dont feel like I am getting anywhere with it (although im not sure what I expect to see, either).

Maybe the acid that creates will help as well. I know the turmeric in it is good for candida.

No.! SF-722 is made of Castor Bean Oil. It is a plant. Undecenoic or undecylenic acid present in SF-722 is a derived of Castor Bean Oil.

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady

dvjorge;54717 wrote:

-raster

that is some good news.

No.! SF-722 is made of Castor Bean Oil. It is a plant. Undecenoic or undecylenic acid present in SF-722 is a derived of Castor Bean Oil.

Jorge.

That is even better news, thank you Jorge! Im willing to give it a try if it came from a plant. So *this* is why little kids used to take their nasty castor oil…its keeps bad biofilm in check 😉

Vegan Catlady

If specific acids help break down biofilm, do vitamins that are acidic do the same?

Vitamin C ?

I googled whether vitamins break down biofilm, and didnt see much.

I googled whether citric acid breaks it down, the answer was yes except I only found a product for the outside,not inside of the body (Citrus Defense). I guess the only form is grapefruit seed extract?

Just thought Id throw this out there.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

As s. mentioned, PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) strips biofilms and has worked well in my experience.
    Its very cheap, I have used the brand Miralax as well as others.

Vegan Catlady

Danny33;54741 wrote: As s. mentioned, PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) strips biofilms and has worked well in my experience.

wow…when I googled it, there are lots of posts asking if miralax caused the candida, but nothing to say its good for biofilms.
    Can you link me any info?

I would LOVE if this was a game-changer.

I want to give this to my son (12) who has taken it before for constipation (during antibiotic use-go figure!) and if it works for candida, heck, we will all take it!

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Vegan Catlady;54749 wrote:

As s. mentioned, PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) strips biofilms and has worked well in my experience.

wow…when I googled it, there are lots of posts asking if miralax caused the candida, but nothing to say its good for biofilms.
    Can you link me any info?

I would LOVE if this was a game-changer.

I want to give this to my son (12) who has taken it before for constipation (during antibiotic use-go figure!) and if it works for candida, heck, we will all take it!

Miralax is just an example, there are many brands including PED used for prep colonoscopies (Unfortunately I’m very familiar with the process!)

Use with caution as it can increase die-off.

Pathogenic Gut Flora

Why does a total bowel irrigation with PEG, polyethylene glycol, make people with chronic diseases feel as good as if they had an antibiotic treatment (barring die off)? I think that the answer is that both disrupt and change the gut flora and in many cases disease symptoms are supported by an unhealthy gut flora/biofilms. In many cases, the antibiotic cannot have a lasting impact, because it is hard to kill bacteria in biofilms. PEG may actually clean out more of the biofilms, because it should also disrupt the polysaccharide matrix of the biofilms.

Check out this link but theres a lot more ->
    http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/constipation-gut-flora-and-health.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Biofilm’ is closed to new replies.