Big Set Back!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Big Set Back!!!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I really thought I was doing great. Even thought I had beat this ugly little devil. Then came the real test . Stress and an environment where I couldn’t go and get the food I needed to eat. Have been in hospital with friend for past few days. Couldn’t leave her side. Ate a small bag of chips cuz had not eaten anything in 7 hours along with a small clementine orange. After being at hospital for over 24 hours I asked hubby to bring me salad and maybe some almonds to snack on. He also brought me some almond milk..I have never had that so I drank that as well. I ate the whole darn bag of almonds and it was NOT a small snack size…maybe it was the stress…IDK but I did. Then I ate a cookie 🙁 Something I have not done in forever…it was a peanutbutter cookie with chocolate. I couldn’t believe I was dong this… I have never been alergic to nuts, but I have not been eating them…I thought I was at stage two and it would be ok. When I came home I ate a grapefruit half along with a handfull or two of blueberries.

Had horrid cramps at 2am couldn’t sleep thought I was dying. Then had to use bathroom. Very sick.

Wake up and tongue is burning all day as is back of throat. My stomach aches all day. I’m a mess. So upset. I also feel like I may have a yeast infection. So I don’t think I have a mild case of Candida and I don’t think I’m close to being over this. (As I thought I was….)

Wondering if I need to go back to start and start over. I feel awful. I’m mad at myself and mad that I just didn’t leave for a bit and run to a grocery store and get what I needed to have. All this hard work and so quickly I’m back to the start…or it feels worse than the start except my mouth is not covered with blisters and sores…wondering if that is around the corner.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You don’t have to start over, you just need to do the diet longer before you eat normal foods again.

If you do things gradually, then your body can cope. For instance, after 6 months on the diet I reintroduced potatoes (starch/sugar) and haven’t had any problems whatsoever. After 4 months I reintroduced almond butter. I recently started to eat some fruits and no surprises. One step at a time, thats all I gotta say.

Take some antifungals and probiotics and it’ll kill off the short term blooming of the candida. You probably can go to where you were at before you ate these things within 1-2 weeks (at the longest hopefully). Its just a short term thing.

Don’t get too cocky with trying things out again or else this could happen; I know you feel like you can weather the storm but I think it feels good to feel warm and dry.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Jackie2 wrote: I really thought I was doing great. Even thought I had beat this ugly little devil. Then came the real test . Stress and an environment where I couldn’t go and get the food I needed to eat. Have been in hospital with friend for past few days. Couldn’t leave her side. Ate a small bag of chips cuz had not eaten anything in 7 hours along with a small clementine orange. After being at hospital for over 24 hours I asked hubby to bring me salad and maybe some almonds to snack on. He also brought me some almond milk..I have never had that so I drank that as well. I ate the whole darn bag of almonds and it was NOT a small snack size…maybe it was the stress…IDK but I did. Then I ate a cookie 🙁 Something I have not done in forever…it was a peanutbutter cookie with chocolate. I couldn’t believe I was dong this… I have never been alergic to nuts, but I have not been eating them…I thought I was at stage two and it would be ok. When I came home I ate a grapefruit half along with a handfull or two of blueberries.

Had horrid cramps at 2am couldn’t sleep thought I was dying. Then had to use bathroom. Very sick.

Wake up and tongue is burning all day as is back of throat. My stomach aches all day. I’m a mess. So upset. I also feel like I may have a yeast infection. So I don’t think I have a mild case of Candida and I don’t think I’m close to being over this. (As I thought I was….)

Wondering if I need to go back to start and start over. I feel awful. I’m mad at myself and mad that I just didn’t leave for a bit and run to a grocery store and get what I needed to have. All this hard work and so quickly I’m back to the start…or it feels worse than the start except my mouth is not covered with blisters and sores…wondering if that is around the corner.

Jackie,
    Do you tolerate gluten ??
    It looks like a food reaction what you had.
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Oh man, Jackie, I’m having trouble believing that happened. You knew what you were going to hear from me when you typed the details, didn’t you? So … Is that why you gave us that list of “nasties” as Lucy calls them? You think you deserve what I’m about to say?
    Well, I don’t think you deserve it anymore than you deserved to suffer through the past few days, but I’m afraid I’m still going to say pretty much what you expect me to say, but I’ll try to be gentle, I’m sure you’ve already suffered enough.

Yes, this is basically what I did at Christmas with the test, but there’s a huge difference in our timing. I had been what I believed to be “completely cured” for around 7 months. You stopped having symptoms when? I think it was about six weeks ago that you were having reactions to some chicory coffee which contained barley, malted barley, and rye, and maybe you’ve had mild symptoms since then. Anytime you have a reaction such as you had at that time it’s a sure sign that there is still “Candida” in your body and not just “yeast” in its benign form. So what you did was basically perform the same type of test that I did … only at least 5 ½ months earlier. Jackie, Jackie, Jackie. Sorry, I think that came from some point in my childhood.

So forget about the past and go forward, remember? You should do what I did. First a short period of detox if you can manage it; remember that you can do a very simple detox with green (mostly raw) fresh vegetables and lemon water. This would be the best detox for a short period, otherwise, the same thing with organic eggs for a little longer will also work.

I’m really sorry this happened, J, and I do blame a lot of it on stress; stress brings negative emotions and negative emotions bring more stress, and these do all sorts of things to our body and mind. Then you were basically starved for food, any food, obviously you weren’t thinking clearly from all of the before-mentioned stress, etc. so it’s no wonder you went off the deep end.

Take care of yourself, Jackie, and don’t you dare let this change your dedication to your health; that alone gives you a head start on so many others because most of them don’t have that dedication that you’ve continued to have throughout your treatment.

Remember that all of us – at one time or another … or more than once … have experienced setbacks, it happened, it happens, and it always will happen with everyone who goes through this. But we all can, will, or did get through it, and if one person has gotten through it before, dammit I know you can too.

Keep us posted?
    Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I know I was a very bad girl. However my girlfriends son is 15 and has cancer. He was home from his 3rd round of chemo and got a fever. I went with her to take him back to hospital. It was late when we got there and stayed all night and next day. I just stayed by her side. I couldn’t leave her and didn’t want to burden her with my silly diet. I was trying to be good to just drink water and didn’t think I would be there that long. When I read that the chips had 1 gram of sugar I was thinking…well not so bad. The cookie that was stupid and sinfull but I was fealing all lightheaded and I was justifying everything as I went…until I got home. I know I will not cheat for a very long time. I was so proud of myself, my progress etc. I really thought I was almost done. Tonight I feel so awful I can’t stand it. I won’t go back to where I was…but I can’t believe I’m not further than I am. I will keep on pushing forward with this. But for tonight…I just want the aches in my gut to go away.

Wondering…this all started with antibiotics..but I was not in a good place as far as eating healthy etc when it happened. I wonder if I was fully infested. I just don’t know. But how fast I got such a bad reaction makes me wonder. I want to go back to my doctor and talk to him…but I think he will just chuckle and tell me I must be alergic to almonds or something like that.

What shocked me was when I put my hand in the bag of almonds to get some and they were almost gone. I had told myself to eat 5 and put them away. Then I would get 5 more…such a bad girl! Yes they were all nasty treats…something I don’t want again.

I can’t thank you enough for your responses. I need a good slap down.

Jackie,
    Do you tolerate gluten ??
    It looks like a food reaction what you had.
    Jorge.

Jorge- I never had allergies to food per say. When I was a child I would eat watermellon, tomatoes or any type of mellon and my mouth would swell and become itchy. My allergist could never tell me why. Later in life in my microbiology class my professor told me these were high in pollen and since I have hayfever that is how my mouth reacted.

The reaction in my mouth is different than that it feels like THRUSH!!! I’m sooooo mad at myself. Damn cookie and chips!!! UGH.

I feel like a person who suffers with anorexia. I am now really hating food.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

You never had a reaction to food before but I put all my money what you had now was an intolerance. My candida case has been one of the worst possible and what you describe isn’t something caused by a fungal overgrowth.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

GRR! We are just having a bad week huh Jackie???

Thanks for being there for me while it sounds like you were feeling yucky. You have a big heart.

This alien/monster is so frustrating. We have to work so hard to make little progress. This diet makes it very hard to live life when it becomes unpredictable or changes from the regular. Plus the added stress and wanting to be there for your friend. I can understand why you did what you did.

How long were you on antibiotics? I’m sure it’s on here somewhere on the forum, but may I ask again? I was on them for acne for probably 3+ years. At the time I loved them because they helped me so much. Now…if I could I would gladly change that. They have ruined many of our lives.

What you described about eating the almonds and having a hard time stopping is something I used to do frequently. I would eat chips or carby snacks right out of the bad and tell myself over and over “one more handful”. I could easily eat half or more of a bag depending on what it was. This must be our alien/moster doing this… I always get concerned when I enjoy something new too much. 🙁

Maybe in a few years doctor will catch up with this issue and we will be able to go to them for help. With everyone experiencing this…they can’t ignore it forever!

I wish you a comfort soon! And I hope your mouth doesn’t get as bad as last time. Try not to be too mad at yourself. We have all done it and many of us will do it again. This battle is a huge learning experience….to put it nicely. If I ever get to a point where I don’t have constipation…then I KNOW I will do something similar.

Big “get well” hug!

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Jackie.

I have to say something in response to your frame of mind, and I’m talking about the way you’re seeing yourself right now. I know you’re putting a huge blame on yourself, and you didn’t really have to explain yourself and the circumstances at the hospital in your second post; I think most of us know you well enough by now to realize that you were in a rare and difficult situation, not thinking clearly and obviously very concerned about your friend and her son. Sure we make mistakes, but sometimes those mistakes have help apart from us. This was your case.

And I know you’re thinking that you must not have really made much of a head-way as far as your treatment if the food made you feel that bad. But look at what all you had in less than 24 hours. When we start adding food at the beginning of stage 2 – usually after close to six months into the diet to be honest – we start with only one food item every week or so, but you had at least five foods that aren’t on the stage one diet … like I stated, all in one day. So really, your reactions aren’t such a big surprise when you think about it in that way.

Remind me please, what dosage and type of probiotic are you taking now?

Feel better.
    Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh Jackie, you’ve had a very tough few days, my heart goes out to you! But firstly can I say that amidst all the dud decisions you made about your food choices you made the right decision on the most important issue… you were there for your friend when she needed you most. All the rest pales into insignificance beside that doesn’t it? Yes, you could have made wiser decisions… and given more time to prepare and clarity of thought you could probably have made some snacks to bring with you or popped out to a local store… but you didn’t have the luxury of either time or “selfish” thinking so please stop beating yourself up. The fact that you were thinking exclusively of your friend and her sone says so much about you.

And also – you didn’t eat all of those “nasties” because you just though “to hell with the diet, I’ll eat what i like”… you ate them because you genuinely thought you were further along in your diet. So yes, it will set you back a week or 2 and you will feel crap physically but please, if you can, can you turn this around into an opportunity to learn & grow? You’ve had one heck of a wake up call and you now know that you’re still firmly in stage 1 of the diet. I think this is a positive thing… you can now do a quick detox and back on stage 1 and then once you’re completely clear again start to introduce new things in teeny tiny baby steps. Imagine how much worse it would be if you’d started introducing stuff too soon and landed yourself right back at the beginning with the worst of your symptoms? That’s what I’m most afraid of and why I’m sometimes over cautious (I had a wake up call too a while back).

Big cyber hugs to you, my dear. Be strong, be positive, embrace this experience as an opportunity to learn and then move on a healthier & more knowledgable person! Your friend and her son are in my thoughts & prayers.

Lx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Big Set Back!!!!’ is closed to new replies.