BIG MISTAKE!!! (all encouragement welcome)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions BIG MISTAKE!!! (all encouragement welcome)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

You’ve got to be kidding.

Seriously.

I’ve been ridiculously careful with this diet. Staying away from sweeteners in toothpaste, baking powder because the cream of tartar in it is fermented, etc. Only to find out today that the last time I bought sunflower seed nut butter **I thought** I was buying the same stuff as before, but I was wrong. For the last week+ I’ve been eating sunflower seed nut butter with EVAPORATED CANE JUICE as the SECOND INGREDIENT!!! I’ve eaten half the jar in the last week! Sometimes, I’d eat a tablespoon of it before bedtime as a high-protein snack. Can you believe it?

I have to praise God, though, for a phone conversation with a friend this afternoon. She’s also an ACD and somehow we got to talking about Trader Joe’s nut butters. So, I checked my label because she was surprised TJ carried a sunflower seed nut butter w/o sweetener now. And then it was. Evaporated cane sugar. So, I’m really thankful for that conversation. I just go through the store and grab the things I always buy, not checking the labels anymore because I know which foods are okay for me. I didn’t check this label (obviously!) but my big mistake was that the previous jar of sunflower seed nut butter was NOT Trader Joe’s like I thought. It was Maranatha. Who knows how long I would’ve kept buying that nut butter w/o knowing. Praise God for another friend on an ACD who would even *think* to question the ingredients in my nut butter!

So, it’s also a pretty good explanation for why I’ve been more emotional lately. And so tired this week. And easily discouraged. And bloated w/ painful gas pain. I’ve been eating cane sugar!!!!! Ahh! I laughed at the irony of passing by a blackberry just to woof down a tablespoon of SWEETENED nut butter. Then I cried a little. Then I laughed again.

I think I’ll stick really closely to the diet again (without the nut butter!) for a week or so and then go w/o grains for a couple weeks while I increase my antifungals.

Anyway. Just couldn’t believe it, and thought I’d share it. Nearly 3 months into this diet now and that little slip up cost me dearly. Be careful, guys!!!

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I feel ya on this one Hope! I just realised the multivitamin I have been taking all along has Brewer’s Yeast on it. Bigger mistake!! How I stupidly didn’t see this is beyond me as I usually check the ingredients of vitamins and minerals so carefully! So it seems like literally nothing I’ve been doing these past 6 weeks counts for anything!!! At least it might explain my horrible die off reaction these past couple of days.

And at least we caught these pesky slip ups!!! As I’ve been repeating to myself all evening.. positivity is the only way forward!! May be cheesy but its what’s keeping me going right now. That and knowing there’s a bunch of people on the internet going through the same thing :).

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Thanks, Katy 🙂 And I’m sorry about your vitamin! Moving on, moving on…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘BIG MISTAKE!!! (all encouragement welcome)’ is closed to new replies.