big milestone…need advice on a 1 night diet break

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions big milestone…need advice on a 1 night diet break

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’ve been on a version of the Candida Diet since June 4 (10 weeks ago), but really started on the strict candida diet on the forum in early July. On the weekend of September 1, I will be celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my significant other. I have been very well behaved up until this point. Sept 1 will be 3 months since I started a candida diet with no drinking and sugar, and about 2 months since I started the strict forum diet. I have sat through countless parties, dinners, and even a wedding and stuck to it completely as hard as it is.

The reason I’m on the diet is not because I feel like I have candida overgrowth symptoms, but because of constant yeast infections that started 9 months ago after a weeks worth of antibiotics. Before that week’s worth of antibiotics, I NEVER got YIs. Anyway, after having tried countless RX creams and prescriptions with no luck those 9 months, I thought a diet change would be needed.

This anniversary is a big deal to me, and I would like to be able to have a couple of drinks and maybe even one normal meal on the night of our anniversary. After that one night of semi-normalcy, I would plan to go back 100% to the strict diet for several more months and until my symptoms are completely gone for some time.

How much will this hurt me or set me back? I feel very stressed about this in advance. I just want to plan in advance because we wanted to go to a nice dinner and make plans.

Thanks for the input!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

those 9 months, I thought a diet change would be needed.

This anniversary is a big deal to me, and I would like to be able to have a couple of drinks and maybe even one normal meal on the night of our anniversary. After that one night of semi-normalcy, I would plan to go back 100% to the strict diet for several more months and until my symptoms are completely gone for some time.

How much will this hurt me or set me back? I feel very stressed about this in advance. I just want to plan in advance because we wanted to go to a nice dinner and make plans.

Thanks for the input!

What are the changes you have seen after all that time following an anticandida diet ??
    Do you still experience vaginal infections linked to candida ??

What other symptoms make you to believe you have developed CRC ??

I am trying to figure out how a diet can affect a vaginal yeast infection ??

Jorge.

yisucks
    Participant

I do feel like the diet is helping. From time to time, I think I am getting a YI on the diet, but when I put anything topically down there (like tea tree oil or boric acid) it goes away completely. Before the diet, even 2 weeks worth of that stuff wouldn’t do squat. So I do feel that the diet is making a difference.

If I didn’t feel like it was helping, I wouldn’t continue to go through all this trouble.

dvjorge
    Participant

yisucks wrote: I do feel like the diet is helping. From time to time, I think I am getting a YI on the diet, but when I put anything topically down there (like tea tree oil or boric acid) it goes away completely. Before the diet, even 2 weeks worth of that stuff wouldn’t do squat. So I do feel that the diet is making a difference.

If I didn’t feel like it was helping, I wouldn’t continue to go through all this trouble.

Yes, there is evidence the vaginal flora mirror the intestinal flora. They are linked.
    I don’t understand the exact mechanism. Do you have some intestinal symptoms ??

Another thing may be a drop in your sugar levels in blood that help to control the symptoms. I am guessing only ??

Jorge.

yisucks
    Participant

I only really started having intestinal symptoms when I started the diet – a bit of bloating and gas, but thats gone down. probably just getting adjusted to it.

Anyway, I’m still hoping someone can provide feedback on the 1 night break I’m looking to do…? 🙂

dvjorge
    Participant

yisucks wrote: I only really started having intestinal symptoms when I started the diet – a bit of bloating and gas, but thats gone down. probably just getting adjusted to it.

Anyway, I’m still hoping someone can provide feedback on the 1 night break I’m looking to do…? 🙂

Oh, I am sorry !
    Do it without worries. You have no mayor symptoms. That night will tell you if the food you eat is linked to vaginitis.

The worse scenery is a relapse in your vaginal symptoms. Nobody can guaranty it will happen or not !

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would go out and get a nice steak with some steamed veggies and potatoes and have one gin and tonic (or vodka tonic) and call it good with a low sugar desert from the health food store on the way home. I would follow this up with a large dose of antifungals later in the night along with some liver protection supplements. I would then move on and continue the diet the next day.

-raster

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

I just celebrated my first anniversary this week. Thankfully I was able to have some salmon with my steamed veggies. Though it was mild torture watching my hubby eat our wedding cake by himself, but I’ve only been on the diet about 3 weeks so I wasn’t going to deviate.
    Congratulations on 5 years! I hope you are able to enjoy yourself and have no candida reactions. If I were you, I would probably go out and get a steak like Raster suggested. I looooove a good steak! 🙂

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

After it happens, I’m sure that the forum members would like to know what you ate and if your symptoms got worse.

Thanks

yisucks
    Participant

hey guys. thanks for the feedback. i think a steak is a good plan. we were thinking about a steak place. only one drink huh? well, could i replace that one vodka with a nice big glass of wine? we saved up an expensive wine for years for our 5 year and i’d love to have some, but i guess if i have to forego it for my progress i will. of course i go on a crazy diet and ruin my nice plans!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 2-3 day setback from eating some steak and some non-allowed foods with one vodka or gin drink; plan on a 5-14 day setback drinking a lot of wine or beer instead of hard alcohol. The wine and beer can set you back that much…especially a bunch of it.

I still haven’t had beer or wine for over a year, but from my experience drinking on my honeymoon and wedding 2.5 months ago(after 1 year on the diet)…3-4 vodka drinks(2x in a month) will set you back about 2-3 weeks or so in your recovery. It basically isn’t worth the damage it causes to the liver which is already ailing from a candida protocol.

It all depends on how you think your liver is doing; its the difference maker between experiencing die-off and not, so its definitely worth it to be as easy on it as possible from my experience.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

wow yeah, that’s a lot. ok, so one vodka drink it is. so i’d be better off having some fries with my steak that i would be having 2 vodkas essentially because of the liver factor?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘big milestone…need advice on a 1 night diet break’ is closed to new replies.