Best relief for V. Yeast Infections?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Best relief for V. Yeast Infections?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Candidalita 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rose8marie
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 11

I know that changing your diet is the most important step, but what can I do to relieve the symptoms in the meantime? Are there any supplements that will help.
    Also, I’m a caffeine junkie, anything that will help with the energy loss?
    The lack of caffeine also gives me a splitting headache, is it OK to take Aleve or Tylenol? or do these feed the yeast too?
    I’ve also heard contradicting feedback on whether to use hot or cold water when washing up and also if soap is more irritating than helpful?

So many questions, so little time 😛

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Do not use soap in that area! 🙂
    Use cotton underpants
    Sleep nude (without underpants)
    Use lactic acid tablets as suppositories in the evening / yogurt that you have frozen in an ice cube tray.
    And then I use a protective cream in that area but I do not know what it is called in English.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

You want to improve your immune system which is the reason of this infection than understand the reason it is weak is because of candida (yeast) overgrowth in your body. Your primary defense against this is your diet which I would recommend you change for the time being. You need to consume foods that will raise your pH level and cause the candida (yeast) to die off. For that you need to cut out all the following foods:

1. Avoid all junk foods (white sugar, white flour, soft (soda) drinks)
    2. Avoid all sugars (even fruits)
    3. Avoid all grains ( Barley, Corn, Millet, Oats, Rice, Wheat)

What you need to get is apple cider vinegar not regular store bought vinegar. Here is what you need to get which will cost you next to nothing:

4. Get a bottle of RAW apple cider vinegar and take 2 Tbs in the morning and 2 before you go to sleep.
    5. For the first 7 days you will only eat RAW leafy green vegetables and other RAW vegetables. If you don’t like to eat vegetables than juice them. You can find tons of recipes online. Do this every time you get hungry.
    6. Get probiotics. I would suggest Garden of Life Raw Probiotics. Their main function is to provide balance for less-desirable organisms (such as yeast)
    7. Eat lots of leafy green vegetables whenever you are hungry.

By doing so you will see results much faster and feel much too. I can tell you this from personal experience that this will work. But it will require effort on your part.

rose8marie

Thanks for the advice!
    @princeofsin – I have a very busy schedule which makes it hard to find good things to eat, but if I have to stick to a veggie-only diet for a week, I think I can manage. Oddly enough, I love apple cider vinegar, I’ll just have to make sure I get the raw form.
    I do take a probiotic with breakfast everyday, as well as a cranberry extract (I also have reoccurring UTIs).

@NadjaB – As far as the yogurt suppositories go, I make my own homemade yogurt and could use this, but is it safe to do that? I’m always critical about what I *ahem* “put up there” because I am so sensitive to the yeast infections and UTIs. I am also taking a prescribed antifungal (Diflucan) and don’t want anything to interfere with it doing it’s job :-)I’ve also heard of Garlic suppositories, but am afraid to try that, if it burns my mouth when it’s raw, I can only imagine what it will feel like as a suppository.

Thanks to both of you!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I would not do garlic, but chamomile should be safe. It is an anti-fungal and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties as well. It could help a little bit until your diet starts working. Whatever you do, it will be coming back until you take care of the root cause which is your intestinal overgrowth.

Ma OBGYN prescribed Macmiror Complex (PAP showed that I have a mixed flora which means that fungus is not my only concern there) and this helps clear everything as it contains nifuratel and nistatin. She also prescribed a probiotic which contains two strains which targets vaginal flora: Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri. You can try tons of home remedies, but if you want quick relief, you may need help from your OBGYN.

My experience, it will take time to clear vag. thrush. Mine kept getting better or worse, better when symptoms withdraw and worse when I am under die-off or screw up my diet. I tried injecting yoghurt and it helped to a degree, but not all the way. I also rinsed with chamomile and put cream for babies (the one that prevents diaper rash) and this only offered relief from the inflammation but did not clear the discharge.

Since I started the therapy given to me by my OBGYN I had more of a die-off initially, but then I got better overall. I have four more days to go and will see what happens after.

Good luck!

Arijana

PrettyInPink23
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

I started the diet a week ago.
    I took very hot baths every day or so. This soothed the pain and inflamation a little bit. I tried to wrap garlic that I crushed in gauze and stick it in there…and it might have helped I dont know but after 5 min it was burning so I removed it.

Within a few days of no sugar, the pain went away and has been gone since. I havent been VERY strict on the diet, although im not doing anything that bad.

If you stick to the diet it will go away. I had it for over 5 years.

I feel AMAZING!! hang in there.

rose8marie

Thanks to all for the advice!
    I’m feeling VERY fatigued today. It’s been one week since I cut out gluten and carbs, but only one day that I’ve been on an all veggie diet. I feel as though all my muscles are giving up on me. Not sure if this is due to the die off or just lack of protein and low blood sugar. I’ve been drinking plenty of water and trying to eat as much veggies as I can. I started taking 2 TB of raw Apple Cider Vinegar last night (which almost made me gag!) and I also used the oil pulling technique this morning. I have to run to the store to get some soluble fiber so I can start the detox drinks, and will take some Milk Thistle with my lunch today. Hopefully these will help with the fatigue; I can barely stay on my feet! If all else fails, I may just have to have some eggs or something, I have never felt this fatigued, being dehydrated barely comes close!

Thanks again!

Candidalita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

i had a similar problem, I only use vaginal washes like vagisil, and other washes made specifically for the nether regions. It took months, but I haven’t had a vaginal yeast infection for a while. I use regular body wash on the rest of my body but only vagisil, summers eve etc. for down there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best relief for V. Yeast Infections?’ is closed to new replies.