Best Recipe Books!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tres 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Here are the 3 recipe books, including this website, that I use for recipe. #1 being the one that I used/loved the best!

1. My Father’s Daughter by Gwyneth Paltrow
    2. The Yeast Connection Cookbook by William G Crook and Marjorie Hurt Jones
    3. Finally… Food I can eat! by Shirley Plant (I have the french version though and it’s simply title “Libre”)

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Do any of those books have many fish dishes as that is something I lack the most for ideas? Also do those books generally stick to the diet or do you have to skip alot of the recipes?

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

CT wrote: Do any of those books have many fish dishes as that is something I lack the most for ideas? Also do those books generally stick to the diet or do you have to skip alot of the recipes?

The first and third one have a few different fish recipes. The second one as multiple pages since the book basically describes all the different type of food you can eat on the diet and show you a variety of that type of food, like fish, and their cooking method, etc.

The second book is all about the diet. The other two books offer many other option and the trick is adapt the recipe to the stage you are on. But i’ve yet to modify a recipe drastically. For me it comes down mostly to what i prefer to put in it, like coconut oil vs. Olive oil or almond milk vs. Coconut milk.

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

I also highly recommend anything by Deborah Madison…you can find her recipes online. Also check out her book “Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.” You’ll need to pick and choose recipes, eg don’t do the pasta ones, etc. But her recipe for buckwheat groats is great and easy…I tried it yesterday with the eggs and buckwheat recipe from this site.

And then I used the buckwheat to go with a canned salmon salad I made with a little olive oil, toasted sesame oil, finely cut leeks, celery, white onion, green onions, little garlic, some leftover cabbage-slaw, and chopped up black olives, few cumin seeds, S&P. It was yummy.

Fish..can always broil with a little olive oil and S&P (good for salmon). I like to cook talapia in a little olive oil, onions, garlic, S&P. But saute the onions with the oil first (make sure they don’t get soft), then I add garlic stuff after I put the fish in so it doesn’t burn and stick. The talapia will break up which is fine.

Buen provecho…

sby

Tres
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 19

Hi, Do you know of any books that contain diabetic recipes? I didn’s see the website you were speaking about.Thanks Tres

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best Recipe Books!’ is closed to new replies.