Been on strict diet, slipped and had some sugar. Now having horrible stomach aches.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Been on strict diet, slipped and had some sugar. Now having horrible stomach aches.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cheesey 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

emilylyons22
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 12

I’ve been on a strict candida diet for 2months now, and taking probiotics everyday. I’ve been really good with staying away from sugar but had a fruit chew and instantly got sick. I’ve had horrible bloating and stomach cramps for the last 2 hours. What can I do to make it go away? I’m also worried that I’ve “woken up” the candida and the past months of being on the strict diet has gone to waste. Can anyone help or offer advice?

emilylyons22

Also, a bit of my history if anybody would like to offer some help. My doctor hasn’t really given much advice on how to get rid of the candida. She just told me to stop eating sugar, fatty foods, and chocolate.

Before I knew I had candida I thought my issues were food allergy related so I got an allergy test done. It came back I am allergic to the following:

gluten
    dairy
    corn
    eggs
    beans
    soy
    nuts
    pineapple
    bananas

I’ve been strictly off all of the above foods for almost 3 months now and I’m not feeling any better. I’ve also decided not to eat meat after watching a documentary about being vegan (not suggested if you like meat!)

My diet consists of rice, fruits and vegetables. I just started taking a garlic supplement and having a few tablespoons of coconut oil throughout the day.

I’m new to forums and not really sure how this all works but I thought I’d try to reach out for some help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some advice!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Fruit will definitely feed candida.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

u have not undone everything it just means u need to stay on diet longer to kill the rest of the candida ,just continue the diet and u will feel better everyone messes up sometimes .

emilylyons22

Thanks hope4eva77 and alexalgebra for your suggestions. alexalgebra I have a hard time staying away from fruit since my diet is so restricted and there isn’t much else for me to eat. I’ve already lost 5 lbs on this diet and can’t afford to lose any more weight. What is the protocol you are referring to? I can’t seem to find it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is the protocol we developed to get better:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If you are eating a lot of fruit to start out, this can be problematic. You likely won’t get better if consuming in large amounts. Berries are low in sugar and this is better than high sugar fruits such as pineapple, bananas, etc. You likely were allergic to pineapples, bananas, and nuts because of their sugar content and because they contain a lot of molds (takes weeks for them to get here from the farm). Berries mold fast as well as most other fruits. I generally wouldn’t consume most fruit until you are in stage 3.

If you are not eating meat, this can also be problematic because meat is a great source of protein and minerals. If you are not getting the minerals you need this can pose many problems for your recovery. My naturopath who is vegetarian tells all of his customers to eat meat. Some people who are vegetarian get mad and state that they are never coming back. Eventually, years or months later they try out meat and realize it was the missing piece and come back to tell him.

If you are eating a bunch of rice this also can be problematic because rice is high in starch, high in the glycemic index, and is inflammatory. If you have leaky gut (you likely do if you have allergies) you need to reduce the inflammation of the gut in order to get better. While fruit does this, rice does not do this. There are reasons carrots, potatoes, and corn are not on the diet and its because each are high in the glycemic index, each are high in starch (which converts to sugar), and each are inflammatory.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

As an alternative I recommend eating buckwheat which contains only 25% starch, is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut, and has similar texture and taste. Its also a good source of protein.

-raster

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

raster;41458 wrote: There are reasons carrots, potatoes, and corn are not on the diet and its because each are high in the glycemic index, each are high in starch (which converts to sugar), and each are inflammatory.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

As an alternative I recommend eating buckwheat which contains only 25% starch, is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut, and has similar texture and taste. Its also a good source of protein.

-raster

I was under the impression that buckwheat is about as inflammatory as they come?

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5681/2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Been on strict diet, slipped and had some sugar. Now having horrible stomach aches.’ is closed to new replies.