Been on other candida diet 8 months, how to start over

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Been on other candida diet 8 months, how to start over

This topic contains 33 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

janiejane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Hello,
    For 8 months I have been on a candida diet that was recommended on another website. I have made some progress but I don’t feel like it has been enough. This diet that I followed was even more strict than the one recommended here on this site. I did have cheats along the way because the diet was so restrictive, I have also lost 30 pounds and only need to loose maybe 10 more tops.

Basically I eat meats, eggs, butter, cocunut oil, and some cooked vegetables. That’s it for food. I take lots of vitamins. I have taken molybdemun for 6 months, garlic and oil of oregano for several months, just started taking paul d’arco, and took probiotics for 1 month (the other diet said to not take them but I felt like it was time to give it a try). I drink apple cider vinegar every day because I think it has helped with my sinus congestion and chronic sinus infections that I have suffered from for over 20 years. I also take feverfew and butterbur which has helped with migraine headaches.

I also take hot baths with epsom salt and apple cider vinegar, do dry skin brushing, and afterwards I coat myself in cocunut oil from head to toe. I have been weaning myself off all body products with chemicals and replaced them with all natural products I make from home. (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, facial/body cleansers, deodorant, moisturizers, household cleaners) I have even gotten rid of my non-stick cookware and learned to cook with an iron skillet and gotten rid of all plastic containers and switched to glass. I no longer use the microwave for anything.

I believe that I have/had a very severe case of Candida. I would guess I have been struggling with it for over 20 years. I know I need to be patient but I just think that maybe it’s time to try something else.

Any thoughts on where to go from here? Do I need to start at the beginning with the diet here and do a cleanse? Then on to stage two where I would actually get more food choices than what I have had? (which is kind of scary to start eating foods that I have been telling myself for 8 months is bad for my candida – I don’t want to go backwards) Or maybe I just need to up the probiotics and antifungals and keep doing what I’m doing? It’s so confusing, it seems like a more restrictive diet would have meant I would be making more progress sooner.

Any help would be appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Janie,

I would first check this out and see if its something you’ll want to try out:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The other candida diet and plan may have not been good enough for you.

I would also consider trying out SF722 undecenoic acid as your next antifungal and it has very strong anti-candida properties. I would also get some (fermented) cod liver oil to help reduce the inflammation the gut which will in turn relieve your headaches. I would also consider swedish bitters vs. digestive enzymes to help digest your food more thoroughly. This are all things to add in time but not immediately. Probiotics are the single most important thing you need to get better and if you only took them for one month, then you are not introducing enough new flora for the gut to thrive. Prebiotics feed the probiotics and there are a lot of prebiotic foods out there. We recommend some very high quality probiotics such as HMF neuro and Megaflora which both are specifically devised for fighting candida.

I would also try out our strict forum diet which eliminates starches and sugars which will feed candida as little as possible.

You need to support your liver and there are a variety of products that work for this as well. Two are milk thistle and chelated molybdenum.

I can go on and on about this stuff but check out our protocol as a good general plan to get better.

-raster

janiejane

Thanks Raster, I will look over the information.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

You definitely have been feeding the Candida with the butter youโ€™re eating, so I suspect that there are other foods that are doing this as well, therefore it would help to know what you have been eating for the past eight months as far as the diet you were following is concerned.

Also, which probiotic have you been taking and at what amount (billions)?

Able

janiejane

I am so confused and so frustrated. How do I know what is right, there are so many opinions out there?

So, I’ve been reading posts here and keep seeing that the diet recommended on this website is not recommended by the forum, is that correct? The forum has a stricter diet that one has to email Able in order to see, correct? I’m not sure if that’s right but I emailed Able and so I will wait to recieve the stricter version of the diet.

Here is what I currently eat:

Eggs
    Bacon (without nitrates/nitrites with less than 1 gram of sugar per serving – I soak the bacon in water for several days to remove all the sugar)
    Lemon water with stevia
    Cocunut Oil
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Beef, Chicken, Pork (chops, steak) Seafood
    Vegetables
    Butter

I have just started eating no sugar added Greek yogurt.

I have made mistakes along the way eating things I thought were ok until I learned more and sometimes I have cheats although I am finally able to pretty much stick to what I have above. My biggest mistakes are in adding condiments like mayo and ranch dressing and now I’m learning – butter. I have not eaten anything like pasta or had alcohol or dessert type foods and I thought my cheats were minimal and they helped me stay on the diet.

So what I have been reading here is that even little bits of cheats really set you back huh?

I just finished my 1 and only bottle of probiotcs (I threw the bottle away and I don’t remember which brand or what amounts) It was in a yellow bottle and had to be refrigerated. I took 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

I have just received a bottle of Candex that I ordered so that was the next supplement I was going to rotate into my protocol. However, after researching on this forum I see that it is not recommended, so I guess I will throw it out and go get one of the probiotics recommended here.

Thanks for all of your help!

Able900
    Spectator

janiejane;29669 wrote: So, I’ve been reading posts here and keep seeing that the diet recommended on this website is not recommended by the forum, is that correct? The forum has a stricter diet that one has to email Able in order to see, correct? I’m not sure if that’s right but I emailed Able and so I will wait to recieve the stricter version of the diet.

Yes, you’re correct, the forum uses a different diet than the one on the site. I’m about email the diet information to you so check your email in a few minutes.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Janie,

I would cut out the pork and beef; both take days to digest while chicken and fish take only hours to digest.

Butter contains lactose and regular salt which isn’t good for the diet. A great alternative is coconut oil.

Candex is an OK digestive enzyme product; I take one called pro-gest which is superior. There are many out there and you don’t have to throw this away. Combined with probiotics, antifungals, and SF722 (an acid) this alone should boost your digestion significantly.

-raster

janiejane

Thanks Able, I received the diet and am learning as much as possible. I appreciate all your hard work that obviously went into this.

Thanks Raster! I eat only organic, salt free butter on my vegetables because I believe it has a lot of health benefits that I like and it helps me get the vegetables down, as I’m not a big fan. As far as coconut oil goes, I eat it by the Tablespoon full and use it as a moisturizer. I also cook just about everything in it. I think adding things to aid in digestion is what I need to address more aggressively. Thanks for the recommendation.

HappenNow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Are you eating carrots, beets, yams, etc… as part of your vegetables? Those are all high sugar veggies and could be feeding the candida. Maybe switching to greens only?

janiejane

No, I’m not eating any of those vegetables. I eat mostly broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, lettuce. In my meals I ate very few carbs at all. However, I was doing some “little” cheats on food that may have added up to more than what I realized. I don’t do that anymore. Plus, I’m pretty sure I had a really bad case of Candida, I was really sick for a long time.

I have seen some really good improvements so far. I had a headache almost every day and a migraine 3-6 times a month for almost 30 years. I took tons of both prescription and non-prescrtion drugs to function. The headaches and migrains have subsided quite a bit. I also suffered from chronic sinus infections which would get really bad at least a couple times a year. This resulted in 4 sinus surgeries and tons of antibiotics and other drugs. Since I started 8 months ago I have not had a sinus infection. Plus, I am completely drug free. So, these two things are super huge for me!

I have lots of other Candida related issues that have not gotten any better and I’m doing a lot of things beside the diet to try to help. I just thought that by the 8 month mark I would be further along. So, I did further research and found information contradicting what I have been doing so I question everything and get frustrated.

I did a 4 weeks cleanse about 3 months into my diet and so when I read info on this diet, I did not want to start all over again with a cleanse but wasn’t sure where to start. The diet on this website actually gives me more food choices than what I was eating.

Able’s strict diet changes my diet pretty much completely from lots of protein (meat, poultry, seafood) and little vegetables to mostly vegetables and minimal chicken, seafood and an alternative protein source. It also allows for yogurt/kefir and some flours. I have not had any dairy other than butter, nor have I had any thing made with any type of flour.

The yogurt I am completely on board with but the flour and additional vegetables I am really scared to eat since it is all carbs and our body converts carbs to sugar. I have been telling myself for 8 months that they are BAD! and now this diet says it’s ok, even beneficial, and it’s a little scary.

I think I am going to end up with an eating disorder ๐Ÿ˜‰

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

janiejane;29739 wrote: No, I’m not eating any of those vegetables. I eat mostly broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, lettuce. In my meals I ate very few carbs at all. However, I was doing some “little” cheats on food that may have added up to more than what I realized. I don’t do that anymore. Plus, I’m pretty sure I had a really bad case of Candida, I was really sick for a long time.

I have seen some really good improvements so far. I had a headache almost every day and a migraine 3-6 times a month for almost 30 years. I took tons of both prescription and non-prescrtion drugs to function. The headaches and migrains have subsided quite a bit. I also suffered from chronic sinus infections which would get really bad at least a couple times a year. This resulted in 4 sinus surgeries and tons of antibiotics and other drugs. Since I started 8 months ago I have not had a sinus infection. Plus, I am completely drug free. So, these two things are super huge for me!

I have lots of other Candida related issues that have not gotten any better and I’m doing a lot of things beside the diet to try to help. I just thought that by the 8 month mark I would be further along. So, I did further research and found information contradicting what I have been doing so I question everything and get frustrated.

I did a 4 weeks cleanse about 3 months into my diet and so when I read info on this diet, I did not want to start all over again with a cleanse but wasn’t sure where to start. The diet on this website actually gives me more food choices than what I was eating.

Able’s strict diet changes my diet pretty much completely from lots of protein (meat, poultry, seafood) and little vegetables to mostly vegetables and minimal chicken, seafood and an alternative protein source. It also allows for yogurt/kefir and some flours. I have not had any dairy other than butter, nor have I had any thing made with any type of flour.

The yogurt I am completely on board with but the flour and additional vegetables I am really scared to eat since it is all carbs and our body converts carbs to sugar. I have been telling myself for 8 months that they are BAD! and now this diet says it’s ok, even beneficial, and it’s a little scary.

I think I am going to end up with an eating disorder ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t know who have told you carbohydrates are bad. That is nonsense. You can not live without some sources of sugars. Your cells, brain, and organs need it. This is a temporary diet. The shorter it be, better.
    The problem is a diet don’t solve this syndrome. The diet is an important part but you need to combat the fungal growth and to recover the immunity.
    Apple Cider Vinegar isn’t helping. It is a powerful bactericidal killing LAB bacterias that antagonizes candida colonization.
    You need to eliminate the fungal growth but improve the body mechanisms that avoid fungal colonization, the antagonistic flora and the immune system.

Jorge.

janiejane

I do eat vegetables every day and will continue to do so. I am just worried that increasing my vegetables means increasing carbs which means increasing sugars.

Jorge:

Apple Cider Vinegar isn’t helping. It is a powerful bactericidal killing LAB bacterias that antagonizes candida colonization.

I have never heard this, can you explain further. I think Apple Cider Vinegar has been one of the biggest reasons why I have been able to control my chronic sinus congestion and infections. That’s why I drink it. I also have created a sinus spray and rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar, sea salt and distilled water. Without it, I would have to use medications to keep my sinuses clear and thus avoid infections.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

janiejane;29741 wrote: I do eat vegetables every day and will continue to do so. I am just worried that increasing my vegetables means increasing carbs which means increasing sugars.

Jorge:

I have never heard this, can you explain further. I think Apple Cider Vinegar has been one of the biggest reasons why I have been able to control my chronic sinus congestion and infections. That’s why I drink it. I also have created a sinus spray and rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar, sea salt and distilled water. Without it, I would have to use medications to keep my sinuses clear and thus avoid infections.

I am only trying to help and wish you to be well.
    Vegetables alone can not keep the level of sugar your body needs to work. That is all to you if you want to stress your body even more with an unhealthy diet. That won’t take you anywhere but you need to be convinced by yourself. You have told you have been 8 months following a diet which I believe is already enough restrictive. What do make you to think that continuing with it will change the things ?? If that was to eliminate the fungus, I think you don’t need 8 months ??

All acids kill bacteria. Bacteria can not live in an extremely acid environment. Apple Cider Vinegar is bactericidal meaning it kills bacteria.

LAB bacteria are easy to kill, easier than pathogens. If you are trying to re-gain the antagonistic friendly flora, it isn’t good idea to take it. Antibiotics were responsible for most of your health problems now, so you need to avoid them in any form as a first step.

Jorge.

janiejane

I am only trying to help and wish you to be well.

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Vegetables alone can not keep the level of sugar your body needs to work. That is all to you if you want to stress your body even more with an unhealthy diet. That won’t take you anywhere but you need to be convinced by yourself. You have told you have been 8 months following a diet which I believe is already enough restrictive. What do make you to think that continuing with it will change the things ?? If that was to eliminate the fungus, I think you don’t need 8 months ??

I’m glad you think 8 months should have been long enough. I agree and that’s why I feel that I am doing something wrong and am looking for new things to try. So, I’m not sure what you are saying here. I do want a healthy diet. Are you saying to switch my diet to Able’s strict diet or the diet on this website or some other diet?

LAB bacteria are easy to kill, easier than pathogens. If you are trying to re-gain the antagonistic friendly flora, it isn’t good idea to take it. Antibiotics were responsible for most of your health problems now, so you need to avoid them in any form as a first step.

So you are saying that the Apple Cider Vinegar is killing the bacteria that would attack the Candida? So I should just stop it altogether?

I have not been on any antibiotics in 8 months and I don’t ever plan to take them again.

Thanks Jorge!

Able900
    Spectator

Iโ€™m not trying to speak for Jorge, but he may be trying to tell you that a diet alone, no matter how strict it is, cannot cure a Candida infestation, which is true.

You may want to look over the protocol that most of the forum members have used in the past and many are using now.
    The Protocol

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Been on other candida diet 8 months, how to start over’ is closed to new replies.