Bed Ridden. NEED Dr advice. New to Forum.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bed Ridden. NEED Dr advice. New to Forum.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  wonderlover 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Find a doctor that supports those tests that I’ve mentioned and you’ll at least be on the right track. Look for an integrative or functional practitioner. Even alot of them suck when it comes to dealing with hidden problems of the extreme, so take your time and find a GOOD one. Someone that deals with ALOT of autoimmune and/or autistic patients would be alot more likely able to help you. Welcome to the club.

wonderlover
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 22

Great post.

I had a blood test at a wellness center from a DO (it cost me 2k!!!!) and the antigens for Candida were extremely high she said. She gave me a round of Nystatin but I was SO ill I didn’t even start them. I was dealing with a crap ton of anxiety and that stopped me from taking them too.
    I went to my GP and showed him the tests and he said it’s all BS and they’re just out to take my money.

I have tried a “fast” for 10 days. It was hard to notice a HUGE change but I did notice somewhat of a change in my symptoms.

Re: good days and bad days … i have bad days and HORRIBLE days. Sometimes its in my stomach PLUS the nausea and dizziness and neuro/behavioral stuff (anxiety, fogginess, etc) and other days just the head stuff. It’s pretty much 24/7 at this point.

I do have ear fullness, yes. And my ears feel “wet” or moist … if that makes sense. My hearing is SUPER SUPER sensitive too. Any dog bark or loud noise feels like a thousand decibels.

It’s so hard to pinpoint ANY triggers because it feels like its SO phantom and/or comes on hard at ANY point in time. Sometimes eating actually helps (which is odd) and other times I’ll eat dinner, go to sleep, and wakeup feeling REALLY ill.

If i do the protocol that traditional medicine has prescribed and there’s no change, i think it’s fair to say to them “it’s not working … “.

I told the neuro otologist i saw 2 days ago about yeast and candida and before I even got out the sentence he was shaking his head “no”. It’s almost like you’re telling them you think you’re Godzilla and reincarnated to take over the world … like you’re just believing in some crazy conspiracy theory.

wonderlover

this was my blood work from Oct of 2012 when I first got REALLY sick.

Here’s the Candida antigen count….

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

wonderlover;50404 wrote:

If ANYONE has any drs or links to tests or WHERE to get definitive testing done … I’d be MORE than grateful.

thank you!

There are holistic MDs out there that will treat people for candidiasis and mercury toxicity. You just have to know where to find them. The Institute for Functional Medicine has a search page that can be used to find them:

Practitioner search

I used the above link to find an MD near me, and am being treated for candidiasis.

wonderlover;50427 wrote:

I’m all for trying to find some natural supplements that have been PROVEN to help kill excess Candida … but if Candida is necessary in your gut, how MUCH do we kill off?

Candida Albicans is not necessary in our gut. There are internet “health articles” that sometimes say otherwise, but these are not reputable sources. If you read the books and published papers by Orian Truss, MD, William Crook, MD, and John Trowbridge, MD, they explain that C. Albicans produces toxins regardless of whether it’s in its yeast form or its mycelial form. When C. Albicans exists in small numbers it can be considered a commensal organism because it does not produce toxins in great enough quantity to harm us; our immune system can easily handle it. But when there is an overgrowth of yeast in the gut, then there is a greater quantity of toxins being released and our immune system can become overwhelmed. It is when this overgrowth occurs that C. Albicans is deemed to be pathogenic. Note that C. Albicans can be pathogenic regardless of which form it’s in. When it’s well fed and happy, it stays in its yeast form and can grow rapidly. When it is starved of nutrients, it will grow hyphae and penetrate our cells looking for food.

The aforementioned MDs state that the goal of treatment is to kill as much of this shit as possible. Do not give your enemy any quarter. You won’t be able to kill every single cell of C. Albicans in the gut, but you can reduce the numbers back to a healthy level.

Cheers,
    CS

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

candida_sucks;50455 wrote:

If ANYONE has any drs or links to tests or WHERE to get definitive testing done … I’d be MORE than grateful.

thank you!

There are holistic MDs out there that will treat people for candidiasis and mercury toxicity. You just have to know where to find them. The Institute for Functional Medicine has a search page that can be used to find them:

Practitioner search

I used the above link to find an MD near me, and am being treated for candidiasis.

wonderlover;50427 wrote:

I’m all for trying to find some natural supplements that have been PROVEN to help kill excess Candida … but if Candida is necessary in your gut, how MUCH do we kill off?

Candida Albicans is not necessary in our gut. There are internet “health articles” that sometimes say otherwise, but these are not reputable sources. If you read the books and published papers by Orian Truss, MD, William Crook, MD, and John Trowbridge, MD, they explain that C. Albicans produces toxins regardless of whether it’s in its yeast form or its mycelial form. When C. Albicans exists in small numbers it can be considered a commensal organism because it does not produce toxins in great enough quantity to harm us; our immune system can easily handle it. But when there is an overgrowth of yeast in the gut, then there is a greater quantity of toxins being released and our immune system can become overwhelmed. It is when this overgrowth occurs that C. Albicans is deemed to be pathogenic. Note that C. Albicans can be pathogenic regardless of which form it’s in. When it’s well fed and happy, it stays in its yeast form and can grow rapidly. When it is starved of nutrients, it will grow hyphae and penetrate our cells looking for food.

The aforementioned MDs state that the goal of treatment is to kill as much of this shit as possible. Do not give your enemy any quarter. You won’t be able to kill every single cell of C. Albicans in the gut, but you can reduce the numbers back to a healthy level.

Cheers,
    CS

Excellent response!

Most candida species are pathogenic in any form. In fact, Candida Glabrata is one of the most pathogenic of them but don’t germinate. The word mutation is wrongly used in internet forums (even by me in the past) to mention the phenotype change candida albicans experiments. Mutation is a genetic change that occurs 1 in a million during microbial growth independently of any drug offense. It is a natural spontaneous phenomenon. Candida Albicans is the only one candida species that germinates or is able to morph to another form. It is a polymorphic yeast. It elongates to form germ tubes or mycelia. The germination is only a physical change. The cell is the same with a different form in structure. Any form is able to produce metabolites and enzymes that reacts with our immune system. Those metabolites cause symptoms associated to many neuro-endocrine disorders. Germination gives candida albicans mobility and increses its virulence since it gains cell penetration abilities, a thing the single cell can not do. Keep in mind candida glabrata goes intracellular even when it is a mono cell, but candida albicans don’t.

You are learning very well about it and leaving behind a lot of internet myths.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

wonderlover;50447 wrote:

this was my blood work from Oct of 2012 when I first got REALLY sick.

Here’s the Candida antigen count….

It is clear you have a fungal overgrowth. You don’t need any more test. What you need is a well elaborated long term treatment.

Good Luck,

Jorge.

impossible

Do you have any type of reaction or symptom worsening from smells? i.e. cant stand the smell of perfumes or basements make your ears worse or anything like that? At a glance with the limited info available. It sounds like you either have some wicked bug (other than candida, possibly in your gut, think viral, parasite, lyme) extreme sensitivities to who knows what- but can include environmental, food, mold & mycotoxins(which you are producing on your own), and residents of the gi tract- neuro autoimmunity, neurotoxicity (mercury), or a serious inability to detox (broad or specific cause, including mycotoxins specifically) or any combination of these. The tests mentioned above will help alot in figuring out if/what. If you can swing the HDRI methylation panel in place of just glutathione, do it, it wouldnt cost that much more. Some of those tests are expensive, but they’re your best bet. And yes, your immune system is going after candida according to that test, enough that you would feel it, and possibly enough to create systemic inflammation thats pretty bad if your immune system is malfunctioning, and if your autoimmune…

I would place any amount of money in the world though that your glutathione numbers are in the dirt.

One thing you must do is be VERY careful with any treatments at this point. It seems like its 100 x easier to hurt yourself than to do good when your at that point. The first step that good cfs doc’s take is to find as many loads that are being placed on the immune system as they can and then help the body with them. If a person is hypersensitive or cant detox this can get tricky (so it is helpful to establish this before it becomes a problem), but needs to be done. Supplementing hormone deficiencies is usually a front line treatment as well. Sensitivities and allergies need to be addressed and eliminated as much as possible up front as well. I would focus on this first. I could go from normal, happy, clear headed, energetic me to suicidal, freaked out, unable to follow a tv show or get out of bed in a matter of minutes if i provoked my sensitivities to their max. Some people have a genetic inability to clear mycotoxins due to a specific malfunction in the immune system that results in being mycotoxic and hyperinflamed. If that is the case, then specifically detoxing mycotoxins would be a front line treatment.

That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

Good post george. Thumbs up buddy.

wonderlover

Does anyone else have bad stomach issues?
    I’m hearing a lot of body pain, joint issues, etc.

I’ve always had stomach issues and I’ve been trying to keep a better diet the last few days but my stomach and nausea upon waking up are just so bad.
    My tongue is covered in white. Of course my GP says its nothing.

Re: anti-fungal protocol, what do you all recommend following? there’s SO MANY opinions and books on the matter it’s dizzying.

A year of so ago my DO gave me Candicid Forte (http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=82543adf-459d-44ed-a9f8-96d68f44a4cf) but I didn’t start it because I was just so ill feeling the whole time.

I’m ready to try and power through die-off or at least try SOMETHING.

I recently started anti-depressants bc the dr’s think all of this is from years of immense stress and anxiety issues that never were dealt with.

any help is appreciated.

impossible

Most people will reply saying to take anything thats antifungal that causes as little collateral damage to your beneficial bacteria as possible, titrate up slowly so that die off is bearable, and rotate them every week or whatever to prevent resistance. In your case, however, youve been so sick and had immune and gut issues for so long, that might not be the best idea. How do you know you dont have a wicked c. difficile infection or something like that? The yeast infection would be beneficial at that point and killing it off would leave you wide open for something that could be alot worse. That is a highly probable situation. Thats why I recommended a stool test, Metametrix G.I. Effects is the best bang for the buck and has a reputation for finding stuff that other tests miss. It will tell you how bad your yeast is, what type it is, what antifungals are effective against it(as long as it cultures), what other bad bacteria are present and how much, whether or not you have parasites (a very good possibly), the amount of all the different good bacteria present, how well your digesting and absorbing food, and your sIgA level, all for just under $400. A little pricey, but you’ll know exactly what you’re dealing with, could possibly sidestep devestation and get this over with that much sooner. With that said, sacchoromices boullardi will address those concerns and is the only thing that I would consider somewhat safe given your situation. It will throw off a stool test though. That help?

wonderlover

Thank you for the info.

I did start taking probiotics today (50 billion) that has a broad spectrum.

My Gastro wants to do ANOTHER endoscopy with added lower endoscopy which I don’t want to do nor pay for.

I’m searching for an integrative gastroenterologist in my area to help.

I just wonder how drs will receive me bringing them an at home stool test result and just disregard it…then I’m out 400 bucks.

Regarding smell sensitivity…I don’t really have any.

My stomach just feels sour or kind of rotten. I’m nauseated. And dizzy/lightheaded.

But then I’ll get an odd hungry feeling but still be sort of nauseated. So weird.

This sucks big time.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would start going to some different doctors. It seems like the endoscopy doctor is wasting your money and isn’t really doing anything to treat you.

There are two routes to go to address this…western medicine and eastern medicine. Western medicine typically involves prescription medication that addresses the symptoms. Eastern medicine involves healing the body, specific organs, addressing your vitamin and nutrient deficiencies, and healing in a holistic manner. Some doctors do both.

-raster

impossible

Any old probiotic wont have the same effect as S. Boullardi. It doesnt just crowd out the bad guys, it eats them. And has a healing effect on the intestine wall AND raises sIgA. Look up sIgA and its importance. You’ve been sick for so long it has to be very low which is part of the problem. Getting sIgA up is one of the tricks to getting over bowel disorders.

Your gastro sounds useless. You dont need a integrative gastro, just a GOOD integrative doctor. Someone that understands the whole body, treats it holistically, and knows all the good tests and treatments available that allopaths are told are no good by the industry that brought them up.

Any doctor that is going to actually help you uses that test already. In fact, that would be a good question to ask to filter out the docs you dont wanna see.

wonderlover

impossible,

good post.

I was JUST looking at an old test result from a stool sample i had years ago when all this began.
    Interestingly enough, my sIgA was 263 (Ref. Range being 40-204mg/dL) … elevated!!

Ps, the probiotic i started is the Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion.
    http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-critical-care-50-billion.html

impossible

wonderlover;50712 wrote: impossible,

good post.

I was JUST looking at an old test result from a stool sample i had years ago when all this began.
    Interestingly enough, my sIgA was 263 (Ref. Range being 40-204mg/dL) … elevated!!

Ps, the probiotic i started is the Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion.
    http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-critical-care-50-billion.html

Yep, thats what happens at first, then after a while it runs out of steam and crashes. Its like the fortress walls coming down. Thats a good probiotic, but think of it as being a defensive supplement. You need offensive supplements. S Boullardi will go after anything thats not supposed to be in there (parasites excluded). Could be the thing that gets you out of bed.

wonderlover

I will do.

I’m currently looking for a well rated naturopath DO or MD in my area (orange county, ca) to order some tests for my issues.

In reviewing my past stool sample (which was done about 8 years go), Yeast came back Negative (no candida)…but the Blood test revealed extremely elevated IgA, IgG, and IgM levels for Candida screening. Odd.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Bed Ridden. NEED Dr advice. New to Forum.’ is closed to new replies.