Beating Candida.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Beating Candida.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Kamilion
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Let me start off by saying thank you for reading an insight to my story with Candida.

I’m a 20 yr old male from Hamilton Ontario and I have been struggling with accepting the fact that I have Candida and have to treat myself via dieting and supplementing for well over 3 years. The last 2 of the 3 years it had progressed to a severe case involving psoriasis, and crohns disease mainly due to a whole list of medications prescribed to me that aggravated my Candida (Anti-biotics, Losec, steroids to name a few) my past diet, my past partner which had Candida symptoms all over and lastly excessive use of OTC fungal medications and a few prescription fungal medications without being on the Candida diet! Sounds like the perfect Candida Storm to say the least. This weakened my immune system to the point where Candida literally consumed all of my energy and almost all my hope.

I’m on a strict diet with the help of this amazing book. I’m feeling a lot better but I still have a long way to go. It seriously changed my life and it’s only been following this books guidlines on diet, stress and overall well being! I thought I knew what a good Candida Diet was but I wasn’t progressing, this book changed my life and prepared me to finally kill this Candida. http://www.amazon.ca/Com…d-Edition/dp/0761527400

It includes a Candida diet that is renown by many doctors. You can eat like a king or queen on this diet! The fact that you’ll enjoy this diet will help your body heal faster! It also contains ways to cope with stress, supplements, loads of recipes and expert advice on everything there is to do with Candida!

I want to spread the word because I know how horrible dealing with Candida is. Please leave any comments and suggestions!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Kamilion wrote: You can eat like a king or queen on this diet!

With that fact, I have to know what the foods are on this royal diet. Would you care to share which foods from the diet are suitable for kings and queens?

Thanks, Able

Kamilion

Absolutely! I won’t be able to provide a list as in-depth as the author has, but it will be adequate enough to get you started.
    She outlined 4 different phases of Candida diets, which depend on the severity of your Candida, and post-candida diets. I’m currently on Phase 2 which is recommended for moderate-severe cases.

Outlined are foods to enjoy, that I personally highlighted and enjoy out of her comprehensive list of Foods to Enjoy phase 2:

Almonds, Amaranth flour, Artichoke hearts, Asparagus, Avodcados,
    Beets, Brocolli, Brussel spouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cayenne pepper,
    Celery, Chickpeas, Chickpea flour, Cranberry juice (unsweetened),
    Cucumbers, Eggs, Fish: Salmon, Tuna, Cod, Trout and other ocean variety (cooked only),
    Flaxseeds, Garlic, Kale, Kasha (toasted buckwheat)- one of my favourite sources of carbohydrates,
    Lemon juice, Lettuce (leaf, red, bibb, and Boston only), Lime juice, Millet,
    Oil (Olive- extra virgin, Coconut, Sunflower, canola, flax, pumpking cold-pressed only),
    Onions (white, yellow or red), Paprika, Parsley, Peppers (bell), Quinoa, Radishes, Snow peas, Squash,
    Tofu, Tomatoes, Turnips, Yams, Zucchini

The list I provided is a small portion of the list provided in the book. With each phase there is also a section titled Occasional Foods to Enjoy which is up to and/or your naturopath. Approval with a naturopath is recommended. Some of my favourite examples are:
    Chicken, Lamb, Veal -organic, free-range preferred, Ricotta cheese, Sauerkraut, Stevia, Feta Cheese, Berries-cooked only

I did not do this author justice by any means, the book is WAY more comprehensive. I’m sure you have spent a lot of money trying to beat Candida. This book has helped me more than prescription meds, supplementing and dieting on my own has AFTER doing my own research on the internet, and seeing my naturopath over the course of 2-3 years! Personally there is no monetary on my health, but this book cost me about $20! I highly recommend it.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Sounds to good to be true..Able and /or Raster? Your thoughts and comments

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Tsunny wrote: Sounds to good to be true..Able and /or Raster? Your thoughts and comments

What sounds too good? The list of foods mentioned is just a anti candida diet with some border foods.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Kamilion,

Not everyone can eat foods on that list. Cranberry juice? Really? You might as well get me to eat a chocolate cake. 🙂 Sadly, I’m a person who has a more reactive system and I need to keep my food list very basic and highly alkaline. I’m glad that it worked for you though. Jealous in fact.

Kamilion

Yes cranberry juice! I’m not talking about ocean spray or any mass-produced brand name cranberry cocktails loaded with added sugar. The one I drink is lifesource uti formula with echinacea, marshmallow and dandelion. I can’t find the label for it otherwise I would post it. Like I said that list doesn’t imply to everyone, the book is a guideline to curing Candida not a procedure. It has no sugar added, as I suffer from low stomach acidity this cranberry juice (mixed with water, it is too sour to drink alone) greatly aids in my digestion, however I drink it apart from my meals.

I take betaine hcl and Megafood megazymes digestive enzymes http://www.vitacost.com/megafood-dailyfoods-megazymes which also contains ginger, astragalus, marsmallow and probiotics with my meals to aid with the digestion process.

Kamilion

A key point I would like to add is there are a few food combining principles that I have learned from my own research my naturopath and Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook, Revised 2nd Edition: Everything You Need to Know About Prevention, Treatment & Diet that are key to the healing process (at least it has been for me).

I will name a few that I follow.

Eat protein-digested foods seperately from carbohydrate-digested foods or starchy foods. Following this rule helps to speed digestion and healing and keeps one from absorbing as many calories from foods. Meats may be eaten with vegetables (as long as they are less starchy)

Eat meat before salad.

Avoid drinking liquids with meals. An sip here and there is ok.

The book also provides a comprehensive Food Combining Chart, listing what foods to be combined with others for best results.

Able900
    Spectator

Kamilion wrote: I personally highlighted and enjoy out of her comprehensive list of Foods to Enjoy phase 2

So do you consider phase 2 your starting diet? And are you saying that you have a mild to severe case? There’s a HUGE difference between mild and severe, which were you?

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Chris24 wrote: The list of foods mentioned is just a anti candida diet with some border foods.

What does the term “border foods” reference?

Kamilion

That was a typo, What I meant to say was moderate to severe. Considering I was diagnosed with crohns and later diagnosed with psoriasis last year after prolonged use of doctor prescribed antibiotics, ulcer medications, topical steroids, anti-depressants and sleeping pills to name a few.. prior to my knowledge of Candida, to “treat” my symptoms. This in turn fed my Candida and made everything even worse. So YES I would consider myself somewhere in-between moderate and severe.

I consider that to be my starting diet, because I have attempted Candida diets in the past with little to no success.

Able900
    Spectator

Kamilion wrote: That was a typo, What I meant to say was moderate to severe.

I consider that to be my starting diet.

Amaranth: A high-starch flour which, when broken down in the body, equals sugar. In Nigeria and other areas it’s considered is a common starch dish.

Carrots: I hate repeating myself, but this is another high-starch food.

Beets: In the south and several other areas these are called “sugar beets.” You can probably guess why.
    The sweet taste of beets is a reflection of their high sugar content. This makes beets a source for the production of refined sugar; thus, the name, sugar beets.

Cranberry juice (unsweetened): The fact that it’s unsweetened has little significance. An 8 oz. glass of unsweetened cranberry juice still contains 30 grams of sugar.

Chickpeas, chickpea flour: A total of 47% of the carbohydrates in chickpeas is starch.

Squash: Starch.

Snow peas: The green pea family contains many different names. Some are called ‘sugar pods’ and others are called ‘sugar snaps’ for a good reason; that’s because they all contain sugar and starch.

I could go on, but if anyone is wondering if there are negative effects about the diet, this should answer the question.

The list I provided is a small portion of the list provided in the book.

If this is a small portion, it’s difficult to imagine how much worse it could be.

Able

Kamilion

I thank you for your opinion, like I said Candida affects everyone differently, and this works great for me :). I have Candida die-off symptoms from my diet alone which has been an achievement for me after trying many anti-fungals without sticking to a good diet plan in the past.

Yes Amaranth contains starch. I rotate what I eat, so the recipe I use for organic amaranth flour made pancakes I eat about 1-2 times a week and it does not hinder my progress. The only other grains I do eat is Quinoa and Buckwheat(Kasha).

Steamed or boiled carrots, though starchy are also very beneficial for digestive health. They are loaded with vitamin A, beta-carotene which is a powerful anti-oxidant. Raw carrots are difficult to break down with Candida, it’s eating them in moderation and how you prepare them.

Some individuals have some level of constipation with Candida. Beet and carrot juice 1:1 ratio is a great way to lessen that symptom! Snow peas I eat cooked only, and like I said I do not eat my protein digested foods with my carbohydrate digested foods to ensure better digestion.

The cranberry juice I’m referring to can only be purchased at health food stores. I drink it about 3-4 times a week with water and even some lemon juice on an empty stomach, usually in the morning about 30 minutes before breakfast. It might not work so well for you (thought I doubt you have tried the kind I am referring to) but it works great for me.

Able, some people do not tolerate certain foods with Candida, whether they are Anti-Candida or not. A good test to have done is a food allergy test (ELISA/ACT). http://www.elisaact.com/test/nonhc/clinical-successes.asp

The shortened list I provided you with is an anti-candida diet that I follow, with the help of my Naturopath.

I also get all my supplements and groceries at the local Health Food Store Goodness Me! Again that’s just me.

If you enjoy the flavour of food, you salivate more and therefore release more digestive enzymes. It’s an erroneous belief that you have to sacrifice and suffer to feel well. I actually enjoy cooking something that makes me feel better, and I believe that’s what has made me progress to better health more quickly.

I’m just sharing my experiences because I know how awful it is trying to figure out what you can and can’t eat, and I find I’m quite passionate about it. I like to share my experiences and learn those of others too. This works for my unique case of Candida, and everyone’s on here to find out what works for their own unique case.

And now may I ask, do you have your Candida under control Able? Or have you gotten rid of it altogether? And if so please share.

Able900
    Spectator

And now may I ask, do you have your Candida under control Able?

I’ve been Candida free for over a year. If you want to read some of my experiences during my treatment and research, just key in my user name on in the ‘search’ section; you’ll see over 20 pages. However, searches never offer more than this, so these 20 pages go back only about 3 weeks, so they won’t include my entire story. If you’re interested in that, just read the forum’s (not the website’s) protocol, and ask me for the diet I followed.

like I said Candida affects everyone differently, and this works great for me

I wasn’t necessary posting my comments for your benefit, as I could see that your mind was set. I was posting for the information of members who are following our stricter version of a Candida diet as well as our protocol, and because Tsunny asked me to.
    Quote: “Able and /or Raster? Your thoughts and comments.”

It might not work so well for you (thought I doubt you have tried the kind I am referring to) but it works great for me.

What makes your cranberry juice different from any other unsweetened cranberry juice, other than perhaps being organic? Have the 30 grams of sugar in every 8 ounces been miraculously removed? Because that’s the problem with the juice; the sugar is food for Candida and allows it to survive.

All the facts I typed earlier are actual facts, not necessarily my experience, although many are both scientific fact as well as my experience with the food.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can find benefits to your health with a simpler diet; I’ve been on stage one for about 9 months…and it can take as long as 6-18 months to fully get over candida overgrowth. Going to stage 2 too early can set back your progress and its basically something you should start when you are completely over die-off symptoms and are symptom free. For some people this takes a long time, but if it only took you a few weeks before starting stage 2, then you likely don’t have a severe overgrowth. You might not notice any symptoms when you eat these items, but what you should really pay attention to is how well you are healing and progressing forwards. I don’t eat much starch at all even after a year on the diet and its all about finding the right balance in your diet.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Beating Candida.’ is closed to new replies.