Beans and Almonds

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Beans and Almonds

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

hi all, due to food allergies, I’m truly limited in what I can eat. I’ve been eating cooked red kidney beans (dried beans) and also cooked almond flour. We mix it with buckwheat to make sugar-free cookies. I’ve already lost like 15+ pounds and I’m skinny to begin with. I have no reaction to these two items. But will it hinder my ability to kill Candida? My typical daily food intake so far has been:

Breakfast – bowl of buckwheat with no sugar almond milk, canned salmon, avocado
    Snack – a few almond buckwheat cookies
    Lunch – more cookies and/or romain lettuce salad, avocado, onions
    Snack – more of the same
    Dinner – kidney beans (cooked a long time to remove carbs, also they are not canned but rather dried), with lamb and onions
    Snack – more of above

I am trying to add in other things so i don’t die of malnutrition, but the above is mostly what i eat. All of these ingredients are shown to be ok if you visit http://www.wholeapproach.com, but not if you read the posts on this site. But i almost have no choice. I also don’t have a very bad case – my levels are only slightly pathenogenic according to my test results. Will I ever be able to beat this!? I’m willing to eat this way for months and months, if it will cure me. Am also taking oil of oregano with no allergic reaction.

Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

It sounds like your biggest problem is the leaky gut syndrome from which all the allergies are stemming. It also sounds like you really need the foods you mentioned since there are so many on the diet that you can’t eat. My advice would be to concentrate on healing the leaky gut syndrome more than anything else. If you’re not taking either digestive grape bitters or Swedish bitters plus a high dose of probiotics and kefir, I would start both of them right away.

Swedish Bitters are sold on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sw…ula-Flora/dp/B0006PKHCK

Able

mygutleaks
    Participant

Thanks Able. Unfortunately I’m allergic to the ginger in bitters. I haven’t found any yet without it. I’m guessing even if I did, I would react to the other ingredients. Can I heal the leaky gut, even if the I have candida fungus roots in my intestines? I thought killing candida had to come before healing leaky gut?

Able900
    Spectator

You can do both at the same time by staying with the regimen. Besides, the strong probiotic is the strongest type of “antifungal” in its own way, plus it can heal the syndrome as it’s destroying the Candida albicans.

As far as the bitters are concerned, I’m sure you can heal the LGS without them, it may take longer but you can still do it.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How long have had food allergies?

Have some allergies appeared and disappeared throughout this time?

Well, you need to heal the leaky gut. If you have a sugar sensitivity; I would recommend glutamine. Add inulin to your foods as well; eat foods that contain FOS in general.

Oat bran and rice bran will help heal the gut as well. Are you taking any probiotics or eating kefir?

Breakfast: I would add oat bran to breakfast; eggs or greek yogurt if you are not allergic. Or pumpkin muffin bread if you can handle it.

Lunch: Add more veggies to your salad or side.

Dinner: eat buckwheat and rice bran with dinner.

I used to be allergic to many thing as well (only for a year) and all my allergies went away as I cure the leaky gut.

-Raster

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Can someone recommend a really good probiotic to take? I’ve been taking one called Ultra Flora (30 billion)but it doesn’t seem to be great. Can you provide a name or link for a good one related to candida treatment? Specific brand names are so helpful from the Candida experts on this site because there are soooooo many out there and they all propose to be the ONE that is best for candida. I’m also just starting out and finding this all very confusing and frustrating not to mention expensive. So name brands though I understand they are personal preferences, are at least a start and so helpful when you know nothing. At least I won’t have to reinvent the wheel! Thanks very much!

Able900
    Spectator

GayBofill wrote: Can someone recommend a really good probiotic to take?

I would finish the bottle of probiotic you have first before you change brands. The probiotic you’re taking by the Renew Life brand is a reliable brand for probiotics, and whether you feel it or not, the probiotics are making a difference in your system and therefore your infestation. As far as how soon you start to feel a really positive difference depends on how severe your infestation, how long it’s lasted, and the foods and supplements you’re now taking, this includes whether you’re remaining steadfastly on the diet outlined on the forum and not the website’s suggestions.
    When you finish the one you’re taking, you could try MegaFlora made by the MegaFoods brand. This comes in a 20-billion count bottle, but this is fine considering that it also contains the DDS-1 type of Lactobacillus acidophilus instead of regular, and it’s a good step up from what you’re not taking. You can take two capsules of these if you choose.
    http://www.amazon.com/Megafood-Megaflora-Optimal-Potency-capsules/dp/B001AG4SHE/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1319465754&sr=1-1

Able

mygutleaks
    Participant

thank goodness! I’ll stick to the regimen of no sugar and probiotics. I’m on 150 – 200b probiotics/day. The Megaflora brand is good. My Doc had me get Klaire Labs – Therbiotic Complete (which I ordered from Pureformulas.com) as they have optional ice pack. I know that brand works and I like how it’s shipped. You know it’s alive when it arrives. I alternated/took different brands together, per Able’s advice so as to get more strains in to me. I was in Whole Foods the other day, and they had some in the fridge, and some of the same brands, not in the fridge. I try to get ones that are more likely to be alive, so I skip them if they’re not cold, but are supposed to be. All of the brands mentioned in these posts are supposed to be cold. They only live a week w/o refrigeration. And even during that week w/o refridgeration, some will die. I suppose during the Winter, ice packs in shipment aren’t as important. If you look online, you’ll find a wide range of pricing for the Megaflora, one site I found was significantly much less expensive, but did not ship w/ an ice pack.

I’ve had food allergies for 20 years. I’d say they’ve mostly stayed the same. Peanut and soy are the only ones I’m ‘scientifically’ allergic to according to one allergist. I have food sensitivies to numerous others, that cause me to breakout and have sinus issues. I took a lot of antibiotics as a young adult for sinus infections. Hopefully this will all change soon, thanks to Able and Raster and the other great and kind folks here.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You might also want to consider grape or other bitters mygutleaks. The inulin and other FOS foods can heal the leaky gut. I really hope your allergies eliminate or go away completely. The probiotics you are taking are really helping.

Also…chew your food longer; 20-30 chews per bite will aid in digestion and the absorption of energy.

-Raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Beans and Almonds’ is closed to new replies.