be honest with me please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions be honest with me please

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Butterfly1302
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

ok so im young right and i think i can beat this. ive been suffering for id say 8 years maybe. the longer youve been suffering the longer it will take to cure. ive read mixed articles about how people say once youve been suffering for so long you cant ever be cured and will have to remain on diet for your life. this is very disheartening as you can imagine. im just wondering if 8 years is too long to be suffering with candida and expecting to be cured. i know this is not realistic but can sometime give me a timeline of roughly how long if ever it should take me to get better if im on the strict diet with supplements and probiotics. be honest with me and please dont be vague and say “its different for everyone”. i know that and i wont take your estimate seriously but i want an answer all the same. im sorry, this is alot to ask for.

thanks in advance,
    a disheartened and sombre person.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

If you follow the diet and take the right probiotics, you should start to see big improvements within a few weeks. The timeline for a full cure is variable, but most people see big improvements quite quickly 🙂 Just make sure you follow the plan exactly.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

so probiotics are a big factor? i might have to get new ones. thank you so much for your reply. this is my second time on the diet properly and i hope this time it will work

Butterfly1302
    Participant

but would you think 12 to 18 months would be a sufficient and healhy amount of time to be thinking about staying on the diet/ stage 1 after being infested for 8 years? this time would obviously change accordingly through the course of the diet

Cherrypie
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

I can’t imagine why you should NOT be able to heal. I mean Candida does not destroy body tissue, let’s say like if you would suffer from Hashimoto (a autoimmune illness that destroys the tissue of the thyroid). Candida can lead to loads of symptoms most due tu inflammation. And for sure the longer your body was stressed the longer it takes. But there is no reason for not recovering.
    Despite this I think it’s also important to heal your gut. Also that takes time. Some says that if your gut flora was bad for years you won’t be able to recover again and would need a transplantation of gut flora. But that’s really extremely seldom. Even if your gut was a mess for a decade there is still a little rest of your healthy microbiome – and just with very little your body is able to heal. With a bit of patience your microbiome (the good gut guys) grow further.
    So, I would be optimistic 🙂

(sorry, I am not English speaking :-))

Butterfly1302
    Participant

thank you so much. i should probably invest in some better probiotics. im currently using the biokult ones in the yellow packaging. these replies have seriously given me motivation. but the journey is so long. i hope my gut flora isnt too messed up. i dont think my case of candida is super serious but more that ive had it for so long even during my early teens. i just hope i can recover. if anyone has a probiotic recomendation that would be great also. preferably ones that dont break the bank too much.

Wiley200
    Participant

You should be able to heal much faster than 18 months. And like I said, you’ll start to feel better much sooner than that.

I’m using the Balance One probiotics recommended on this site – https://balanceone.com/products/probiotics. I used to use Healthy Origins, but I’m getting much better results with Balance One.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

thanks might try them out. there are so many options its hard to know which ones to choose. and by healed do you mean to the point where you can eat a standard but cautious healthy diet with an occasional treat which im fine with or a still a restrictive one? i know its not healthy to be constantly thinking about the end and not the process but…

Wiley200
    Participant

by healed do you mean to the point where you can eat a standard but cautious healthy diet with an occasional treat

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean 🙂

As for the probiotic, make sure you get one that won’t be destroyed by stomach acid. There are delayed release capsules that do this, but some probiotics are using a technology called bio-tract which is much, much more effective.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

thats quite a relief. ive read some people say they are going to stay on the diet for life and cant understand how they could! do you think these probiotics are ok to continue using? these are really accessible for me and they seem ok right now. ie.iherb.com/pr/Bio-Kult-Probiotic-Multi-Strain-Formula-160-mg-60-Capsules/83497?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrdbiipXh3gIVhLDtCh1uCwhyEAQYAiABEgLZQ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wiley200
    Participant

Honestly, I doubt those probiotics are helping you at all… They only contain 2 billion CFUs, and they come in standard vegetable capsules that won’t survive stomach acid.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

what should i be looking for in a good probiotic? i really dont know much:/ the price was just too good to be true

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m still infected with yeast after trying many different therapies after 7-8 years or whatever. But I feel a ton better. You just gotta try out new methods and or get a professional to help you and then it shouldn’t be as much of a problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.