BCAA's

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

tracibako
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

I know that L-glutamine can feed the infection. What about BCAA’s? I take 3 tablets/3x’s per day. Are these okay?

Also, what about oregano oil? Can this help too? The taste is quite off-putting but I will subject myself to vomitting-like tastes if it will help

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

I thought L-Glutamine was important for leaky gut! Can someone clarify this please!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

tracibako wrote: I know that L-glutamine can feed the infection. What about BCAA’s? I take 3 tablets/3x’s per day. Are these okay?

Also, what about oregano oil? Can this help too? The taste is quite off-putting but I will subject myself to vomitting-like tastes if it will help

Someone told me that as well, however I’ve not found anything to confirm that glutamine feeds it. I hope not because I take 20-30g per day & about the same of BCAA’s (if i’m training).

Oregano Oil is very helpful.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Do you have a source for the glutamine thing? I’ve read the same thing, but I’ve also read that pathogens will steal other important amino acids if they can’t get glutamine, so supplementing it makes the best of a bad situation.

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

is bcaa something that should be slowly introduced or can you have it at any point in the treatment? ive been debating trying it because im really starting to miss my muscle mass and am getting weak.

benc

xday2dazex wrote: is bcaa something that should be slowly introduced or can you have it at any point in the treatment? ive been debating trying it because im really starting to miss my muscle mass and am getting weak.

i’ve been taking them without a problem.

Javizy

xday2dazex wrote: is bcaa something that should be slowly introduced or can you have it at any point in the treatment? ive been debating trying it because im really starting to miss my muscle mass and am getting weak.

Do you eat a good amount of calories? You don’t need tons of protein if you get enough overall calories, but restricting carbs too much changes that. The diet is supposed to improve your health enough to overcome a chronic infection, not turn you into an unhealthy weakling.

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Yeah, I eat so damn much I look like I have a beer belly. My protein intake isn’t bad either because I have 4 or 8 eggs a day and was having teff bread and oat bran as other sources (cutting out grains for a little while possibly because I feel like they are slowing my progress, plus I’m allergic to them). I’m gonna have salmon twice a week from now on I think too. It’s not a huge amount of mass loss, but my muscles have definitely been eaten away at through this battle. When I have a day where I have energy I’m not weak, I feel like I’m on top of the world those days, like monday for example when I was able to play football and hackey sack. It’s just right now I’m trying to balance my die off and that makes me weak, and I’m noticing decreased muscle mass. Soo yeah back to the question, Is it safe to start taking bcaa’s? (:

tracibako

I don’t eat tons of protein normally. I’m more of a flexitarian (barely eat any meat products but once in a while will have chicken or venison). I eat fish once in a while too. But mostly avocado, nuts, nut butter, chia seeds and protein powder

As for the source of the glutamine, I honestly can’t remember. I did a lot of searching and was reading as much as possible in a short time. I zipped through quite a few websites.

The problem is that I train very hard (weight lifting and cardio) but since I don’t eat a lot of meat, I don’t want my training to go wasted. My main source of protein was/is protein powder. But now that I can’t consume the poweder, I would really like to stick to my Amino’s.

benc

tracibako wrote: I don’t eat tons of protein normally. I’m more of a flexitarian (barely eat any meat products but once in a while will have chicken or venison). I eat fish once in a while too. But mostly avocado, nuts, nut butter, chia seeds and protein powder

As for the source of the glutamine, I honestly can’t remember. I did a lot of searching and was reading as much as possible in a short time. I zipped through quite a few websites.

The problem is that I train very hard (weight lifting and cardio) but since I don’t eat a lot of meat, I don’t want my training to go wasted. My main source of protein was/is protein powder. But now that I can’t consume the poweder, I would really like to stick to my Amino’s.

You can have organic hemp protein, it doesn’t taste great but you can mask it in pancakes or bake with it & its ok. Its not terrible drunk either. BCAA’s sound like something that might work for you in the long run anyway, especially if you don’t eat much animal protein & want to maintain & increase muscle mass.

benc

xday2dazex wrote: Yeah, I eat so damn much I look like I have a beer belly. My protein intake isn’t bad either because I have 4 or 8 eggs a day and was having teff bread and oat bran as other sources (cutting out grains for a little while possibly because I feel like they are slowing my progress, plus I’m allergic to them). I’m gonna have salmon twice a week from now on I think too. It’s not a huge amount of mass loss, but my muscles have definitely been eaten away at through this battle. When I have a day where I have energy I’m not weak, I feel like I’m on top of the world those days, like monday for example when I was able to play football and hackey sack. It’s just right now I’m trying to balance my die off and that makes me weak, and I’m noticing decreased muscle mass. Soo yeah back to the question, Is it safe to start taking bcaa’s? (:

Yes I lost a fair bit, its been very frustrating & also put some body fat on. The stress on the body when going through this is going to raise your stress hormone (cortisol), that will swallow up protein (stored in your muscles).

However i’ve been training for about 3 weeks now & most of my lifts are back up to where they were, accept the legs (which are the most taxing to train)
    When you are ready to start again, take it slowly – an olympic squat, deadlift or any olympic lift will heavily tax your nervous system as well as your muscles).

The good news is, when the gut starts to heal, you will absorb your food much better, so therefore feeding the muscle. I don’t think my weight changed in 2 years, despite training very hard & getting in good shape.

Javizy

What’s the issue with whey protein? It can be good for the gut flora and disrupt biofilms and even helps to heal the gut.

Therapeutic applications of whey protein
    Emerging health properties of whey proteins and their clinical implications

benc

Javizy wrote: What’s the issue with whey protein? It can be good for the gut flora and disrupt biofilms and even helps to heal the gut.

Therapeutic applications of whey protein
    Emerging health properties of whey proteins and their clinical implications

I think its the small amount of lactose, although there is not much in isolates.

I asked the question if you could ferment protein with milk or with coconut water, but didn’t get a reply? I tried it with coconut water & brown rice protein, it tasted good, I can’t be sure it completely ate the sugar in the coconut water & the small amount of brown rice syrup in the protein powder though.

The only problem I perceive with whey isolates, its most people don’t buy organic, so its like drinking normal milk.

i couldn’t find anything on pubmed, & this was the 1st thing I found about glutamine on google, it didn’t convince me: http://www.mymiracletea.com/html/fungus_and_yeast_in_the_colon.html

Javizy

There’s loads about glutamine on this blog http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=glutamine

If you scroll down to the one with the pig, it talks about bacteria. I can’t find anything about candida either. I imagine the principle would probably be the same as with bacteria: they’re going to steal amino acids anyway, so why not give them a surplus so your body doesn’t lose out on the important ones?

tracibako

The problem with most whey proteins is that they contain some form of sugar. Are there any that are safe during the cleanse period or stage 1?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘BCAA's’ is closed to new replies.