Bad toenails :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bad toenails :(

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

beltina
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

Hello everyone,
    First of all, thank you so much for creating this site. It has been really helpful.

After being depressed, angry, drinking nearly every evening, eating sugar based foods,
    and having bad toenails for over 25 years, I’m really hoping this change of diet will help.
    I’m already experiencing feeling more grounded and less anger and negative thoughts…
    and I’m only just starting day 8 of the cleansing section.

Being a runner, cyclist and climber, my toe nail problem is beginning to infringe on these
    activities. I’ve tried Tea Tree Oil topically for years, but have seen no results. I don’t
    go to doctors, so nothing else has been tried.

Knowing that it is different for every person, I would still like to have a general idea when
    I’ll beging to see some results in these toenails. I would really like to see normal nails
    on this foot someday. Will that happen?

Crossing my fingers and sticking to the DIET 🙂
    Beltina

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you think it could be caused by athletes foot of the feet?

-raster

beltina

I’m not sure. Guess I need to do some searching.

For some reason I thought that athlete’s foot were little blisters
    between the toes, and nail fungus showed up as raised and yellowing nails?

I’m sorry… guess I need to do some more study.

Pretty new to “forums’ and I don’t want to waste people’s time.
    Thank you,
    Beltina

beltina

Did some searching on line and found that if the symptoms are
    at my stage they say topical creams like Tinactin won’t work. They
    are saying a prescription like ‘Fluconazole’ would be needed.

I would really rather do this naturally. Found that vinegar and H2O
    mixed was good. Letting feet be exposed to air is also best.

Any other suggestions?
    Thank you,
    Beltina

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

beltina wrote: They are saying a prescription like ‘Fluconazole’ would be needed.

No it’s not.

Able900
    Spectator

beltina wrote: I would still like to have a general idea when I’ll beging to see some results in these toenails.

If your toenails have thickened, they’ll need to be filed and cut before treatment as below the layers is where the fungi have made themselves at home.

Sterilize your nail file before and after use.

Cut the nail back as far as you can. Then file the top of it down so that the inner nail is exposed.

Rub thyme essential oil into the nail completely. Listerine’s active ingredient is thyme oil so you can also use Listerine.

Keep the nail cut and filed as it grows back out and rub the thyme oil on it every day. This is of course going to take time as the nails can’t grow all that fast, but at least you’ll be going forward towards a cure every day.

In the meantime, you need to expose your feet to sunshine and air as much as possible and wear loose fitting shoes when you have to wear them. Sandals would be even better.

Meanwhile you should be on the Candida diet and protocol.
    Able

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Wouldn’t taking Fluconazole also affect the candida by making it grow since it’s an antibiotic?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I have thick yellow toenails for many years and doctors told me this was caused by nail polish!?!?!? I kind of knew it’s something else but didn’t know what it is and how to deal with it. When I had kids it got only worse and this is when my candida overgrowth got much worse. My toenails pretty much stopped growing too, I would cut other nails like 3-4 times before I would be able to trim a little off these nails. They got thicker and affected me wearing shoes so in time I started wearing only flat loose fitting shoes as it would bother me. I occasionally filed them down a little and always cover them with nail polish as they are disgusting.

I am on the treatment for 4 months and I see that better looking nail is slowly growing out. It’s not perfect yet, but much better looking than before and not nearly as thick.

I did used to file them down but I did not do anything to get rid of the fungus as I was not really sure what it was. Able gave me a good idea. Perhaps this will speed up the process a bit.

Able, when you file it down, it probably looks bad still and I guess the nail polish is out, right? I will be embarrassed wearing sandals with nails like that.

Arijana

Able900
    Spectator

princeofsin wrote: Wouldn’t taking Fluconazole also affect the candida by making it grow since it’s an antibiotic?

Prince, Fluconazole is not an antibiotic. It’s an antifungal medicine used to fight a Candida overgrowth and other yeast problems.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

orka1998 wrote: Able, when you file it down, it probably looks bad still and I guess the nail polish is out, right? I will be embarrassed wearing sandals with nails like that.

Arijana, I don’t how it looks when filed down as I’ve never had to do this, but according to research it’s one of the few ways to be rid of it, of course, along with the diet and treatment. So you’re right about the protocol helping it as the infestation itself is cured, but filing, etc. would no doubt speed it along a little.

Able

beltina

Thank you so much for your advice! And Orka… thank you for your input… greatly appreciated.

I’m going to stick to the diet and protocol. It is day 9 and I’m not feeling as dizzy and spacey.
    Thyme oil is ordered, and I’m going to get these nails looking super, even if it takes a year!

Cheers,
    Beltina

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Able900 wrote: Arijana, I don’t how it looks when filed down as I’ve never had to do this, but according to research it’s one of the few ways to be rid of it, of course, along with the diet and treatment. So you’re right about the protocol helping it as the infestation itself is cured, but filing, etc. would no doubt speed it along a little.

Able

Thanks Able! I’m guessing it’s better not to use the nail polish while treating the nail. I will just forget about flip flops this summer 🙂 Ohhhh I’m such a California girl now, aren’t I? Hahahaha…

I am filing down those suckers and will use blackseed oil (it is mentioned many places to be used for treating nail fungus topically, only not mentioning the filing down part).

Arijana

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bad toenails :(’ is closed to new replies.