Bad or Good Reaction to Yogurt

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bad or Good Reaction to Yogurt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gauttsu 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gauttsu
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hey guys, new to the forums and fairly new to candida. To give a brief description, about 3 months ago around Chistmas time I had a “Candida Explosion” which at the time I had no idea what it was. My Symptoms started accumulating in the following Order:

1)Muscle Twitches
    2)Athletes Foot
    3)Sore Throat
    4)Post Nasal Drip/Excess Mucous
    5)Brain Fog
    6)Chills
    7)Cold Hands and Feet
    8)Stomach Bloating and Abdominal Pain after eating
    9)Heart Palpitations
    10)Insomnia
    11)Anxiety
    12)Tight Muscles and Joints/Fatigue

After getting checked out at the doctor, blood tests/MRIs etc everything turned up normal. I came across this website about a month ago(Living with the severe symptoms for about 2 months duration), and immediately went on the diet.

I noticed right away in the first week my post nasal drip and abdominal issues went away so figured I was on the right track. However, I am about 4 weeks + in the diet and decided to introduce yogurt. About an hour after having it, I do not get abdominal pain/bloating/gas. The only symptom I do get is a spaced out feeling like I am intoxicated, as if I just slammed down 3-4 beers. It usually lasts for about 2-3 hours in duration before it clears up.

My question, Should I continue having it? This is the following yogurt I am having Chobani Plain:

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

The drunk feeling is extremely common.

My issues started Dec 27th last year, and I believed it was a combo of indulgences in sweets and the spices of the holiday that brought the overgrowth to my attention.
    You indulge in sweets (feeds candida) and the spices kill the excess candida (die-off,bad!) and the resulting toxin over-load makes you spacy,have brain-fog, skin crawling,itchiness,ect.

Other people will say differently, but imo you have to ditch dairy.

The drunk feeling is candida overgrowth growing.
    Some will say the “probiotics are causing die-off” but that hasnt been my experience at all.

I used to get drunk after eating bananas or cookies :/

Dairy is notorious for feeding candida,although some people say that you can eat the yogurt as long as its not sweetened. Experiment. Listen to your body. Somethings will work, and some just wont.

I do coconut yogurt daily,even sweetened. Some people can,some cant. I figure the fat in the yogurt- because its coconut- is naturally antifungal. And it tastes better than any yogurt I have ever had.

Food for thought 🙂

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Gauttsu;56146 wrote: Hey guys, new to the forums and fairly new to candida. To give a brief description, about 3 months ago around Chistmas time I had a “Candida Explosion” which at the time I had no idea what it was. My Symptoms started accumulating in the following Order:

1)Muscle Twitches
    2)Athletes Foot
    3)Sore Throat
    4)Post Nasal Drip/Excess Mucous
    5)Brain Fog
    6)Chills
    7)Cold Hands and Feet
    8)Stomach Bloating and Abdominal Pain after eating
    9)Heart Palpitations
    10)Insomnia
    11)Anxiety
    12)Tight Muscles and Joints/Fatigue

After getting checked out at the doctor, blood tests/MRIs etc everything turned up normal. I came across this website about a month ago(Living with the severe symptoms for about 2 months duration), and immediately went on the diet.

I noticed right away in the first week my post nasal drip and abdominal issues went away so figured I was on the right track. However, I am about 4 weeks + in the diet and decided to introduce yogurt. About an hour after having it, I do not get abdominal pain/bloating/gas. The only symptom I do get is a spaced out feeling like I am intoxicated, as if I just slammed down 3-4 beers. It usually lasts for about 2-3 hours in duration before it clears up.

My question, Should I continue having it? This is the following yogurt I am having Chobani Plain:

Rule of thumb.
    If a food is clearly making you uncomfortable, cut it out off your diet temporarily.
    It’s really that simple.

I prefer very low lactose cultured dairy (less then 1g sugar per serving).
    I eat cultured sour cream, cultured cheese, and occasionally heavy cream with zero issues.

Listen to your body and adjust your diet.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The problem is the type of yogurt you are consuming…you are consuming cows yogurt which benefits the yeast in general. If you switched to goats milk or whole milk organic cow’s yogurt you likely will feel a ton better.

Another thing is your symptoms often are related to thyroid related problems and you’ll likely need to address your thyroid health seperately.

-raster

Gauttsu
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Thanks for the tips everyone, figured as much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bad or Good Reaction to Yogurt’ is closed to new replies.