Bad eye irritation- worried about Candidemia

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bad eye irritation- worried about Candidemia

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  momof7 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

back2norm
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m wondering if anyone else has specific symptoms that are not “all over” …I recently had bronchitis in August and was on 2 rounds of antibiotics. After 2 hospital visits (shortness of breath and coughing so bad there was blood) I’ve been recovering but have developed a new symptom I haven’t had before related to Candida…terrible itchy eyes with redness and swelling. It’s especially worse in the morning or at night! I know I’ve had mild-moderate candida symptoms for years (leaky gut too). When I have a flair up I take high dose probiotics, an IgG supplement (immunoglobulin) with glutamine to help with leaky gut syndrome, several essential oils including Oregano and Cinnamon bark, MCT oil, Zinc, AHCC and other supplements occasionally. My biggest complaint usually with candida is allergies. Food allergies seem terrible at times and usually cause sneezing and nasal drainage along with itchy mouth/ears, so I’ve eliminated dairy permanently, and for now I’ve eliminated grains as well. I have had vaginal yeast infections but they’re not common for me and I don’t usually have whiteness on my tongue either. And I’m usually very regular in the bathroom as long as I take a regular probiotic. So overall when I don’t have a flair up I feel very healthy and just “manage” the allergies (usually a claritin helps). But since this last sickness I am worried I have candidemia (candida infection in the blood). I know it’s rare in healthy individuals who aren’t in the hospital, but I was in the hospital and they gave me several IV’s which is one place you can contract it. I don’t have fever or chills, but I have almost all the other symptoms: itchy eyes redness and swelling, headache, weakness/low energy, and a rash on my chest. I’m going to the doctor tomorrow and requesting blood tests. Oh, they also diagnosed MRSA in my nose since the antibiotics. I’ve also had this in the past after a round of antibiotics and last time I treated it naturally using esssential oils, manuka honey nasal wash and the IgG supplement. I’m on the candida cleanse diet for now until I have more information from the blood tests and/or an eye exam. I’m probably being paranoid about the blood infection, but I’ve just never had the eye condition like this before. Please let me know if you have this symptom or any knowledge of the candidemia. …much appreciated!!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I think if you had candidemia you would be in a hospital bed, not writing in a forum 🙂

If Candida albicans itself (rather than just its metabolites) spreads significantly into the blood, it’s really serious…

back2norm
    Participant
    Topics: 1

Thanks Wiley200, just never had such bad eye irritation before. It’s really intense. Therapeutic grade EO of Cinnamon bark and Oregano oil taken in a capsule seem to help the most. And of course the cleansing portion of the candida diet, which I’m on now is helping somewhat too. I think the other issue is that I still have a sinus infection clearing and that’s causing more drainage. Thanks again!

momof7
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Wiley200 & back2norm
    I just got back a blood test that says I have candidemia. It’s mild and I am not in a hospital bed, but going about my regular daily routine. I do have a rash, feeling sleepy all the time and one eye that keeps fogging up that the eye Dr has given me shots of cortisone for…
    That said, I WOULD rather clear it up naturally, but am afraid it may get worse.
    I just ordered some gymnemia sylvestre and hope that helps along with some probiotics I found 2 years ago called Symbion, that worked great for clearing up the stuff on my heals and helping me feel better.
    The ND Dr gave me fluconazole, but wants me to take a low dose of 100mg for 60 days, I believe. The dosing I have read about, is 800mg for the first dose and 500mg every day for 3 days. either way scares me. Not sure WHAT to do. I REALLY wanted nystatin, but the pharmacy says they don’t have it. /: Any new news on your condition, back2norm, would be appreciated! Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bad eye irritation- worried about Candidemia’ is closed to new replies.