Bad Bloating

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bad Bloating

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SRQ 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Since starting the diet 3.5 weeks ago, my bloating has gone off the charts. It’s incredibly uncomfortable. After eating several large salads last week, my body hasn’t been the same. So, I’m now avoiding foods which are known to cause bloating (broccoli, cauliflower, salad, oat bran), which makes my diet even more limited. (I’m still adhering to another diet with no kefir, no chicken, no turkey.) A stool test indicated I have candida. I had an upper endoscopy a few years ago which turned up nothing. Also, a colonoscopy one year ago turned up nothing. I’m perplexed by the bloating.

My modifications to the strict diet are as follows: I eat fish every day and drink Pedialyte when needed to remain hydated. (I discovered recently it contains dextrose.) I have not reintroduced any carbs yet, although I’m seriously considering reintroducing millet very soon due to my persistent low energy levels. I ‘ve been taking enzymes and an 80 billion count probiotic provided by my physician since late May. I’m also taking calcium, magnesium, and a multi-vitamin. I’m now taking 2 teaspoonfuls of coconut oil per day. In addition, I take 3 molybdenum and 3-4 cups of nettle tea daily.

I drink two glasses of flaxseed each day to help keep me regular. I’ve had BMs at least once a day since starting the diet. I tried chamomille tea to help as well; however, my tongue reacted to it and immediately began burning. Since being on this diet, the severity of my burning tongue has increased dramatically despite oil pulling 2-3 times a day. (I’ve learned there is a Burning Tongue Syndrome which can be caused by almost anything including nutrition issues and stress, both of which I have right now.)

My symptoms of foggy brain and blurry vision have really cleared up…so, that’s a step in the right direction. But, I’m still very sluggish, and continue to endure significant muscle pain, which is how this condition first presented itself 6 years ago. I understand this process takes time, but between the extreme bloating and low energy, I’m miserable. Some days I can barely function. Does anyone have any insight and advice on bloating? Does it go hand-in-hand with this diet? Or is something else going on?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Bad Bloating’ is closed to new replies.