Bad advice??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bad advice??

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

amyruth
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I am on a Candida diet through my chiropracter. He has put me on a bunch of supplements most of what was suggested on this forum. I followed the strict candida diet for the first 7 days. Starting tomorrow I am supposed to do 1/4 cup lemon juice with an 1/8 cup of organic maple syrup (sounds like master cleanse) with distilled water for 5 days. The chiro calls this diet a candida cleanse and says it will cleanse and you will lose weight on his program. I’m all for losing a few pounds, but I am thinking of just green juicing for 5 days and not doing his regime so I can stick to the candida program. After the 5 days I go back to the strict candida cleanse for the next few weeks. Any thoughts?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

If you want to cleanse out candida, I would stay FAR AWAY from maple syrup!! But that’s just me. From what I know, that is basically candida food.

I also don’t trust chiropractors to give nutritional advice.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I agree with Alex. I can’t even find a nutritionist who can give me solid Candida advice. I certainly would take what a chiropractor says with a grain of salt.

amyruth

very funny responses…let me add, it was the nutritionist from the chiro office. but i also agree with you, its just marketing the program as candida cleanse, but its really weight loss and it is keeping me accountable because i check in once a week with them, and my ability to stick to any program has been very weak until now. i may just do the veggie juicing for 5 days.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Amy,
    Are you seeing them because you are having trouble losing weight? I only ask because this is one of the symptoms that brought me to my candida diagnosis.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

Doesn’t maple syrup contain alot of sugar? Thats the last thing anyone with candida should be eating. You need to find a naturopath that is familiar with candida, I wouldnt trust the chiro for anything other than your spine.

amyruth

mrs. i went the chiro. because they offered a body wrap for weight loss (i got a groupon). while i was there i asked them about some of the products they offered and the 5 week candida cleanse was one of them. i never had trouble losing weight before, but as i get older its harder. truthfully doing it through the chiro office it keeps me accountable and since i paid for it i’m more likely to stick to it. i know its lame of me, but i have had a very hard time sticking to a healthy eating regime on my own. my downfalls are wine and crackers. i have been 100% compliant for 8 days now. thats good for me. btw – i’m not fat, but i could lose 10 pounds and would love to get my body back on track.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

amyruth;36332 wrote: I am on a Candida diet through my chiropracter …

i went the chiro. because they offered a body wrap for weight loss

Do you have a Candida infestation or not?

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I would definitely not eat maple sugar, whether you have a candida infestation or not. If you are just trying to do lose weight, the first thing you should do is cut out all sugars and most carbs. You will definitely lose weight then!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bad advice??’ is closed to new replies.