Back with a Saccharomyces Boulardii question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Back with a Saccharomyces Boulardii question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hi All,

I’ve been away from the board for some time after my health hit crisis point. My adrenals crashed, I became house bound and had to leave work. I subsequently found out last summer that I was suffering from mercury and lead toxicity and found out I have severe methylation problems. I am treating these now, while following the candida diet I learnt on the board. My staple is rutabaga, and I have been using this for well over a year at 800g per day.

I am taking ALA and plan on adding in DMSA (in part because the ALA on its own is hard going). Since DMSA is prone to increase candida because it can lower neutrophils, I have been preparing by adding in saccharomyces boulardii. I’ve been feeling some die-off from this, but am wondering if the rutabaga is undermining its effectiveness. I find I feel die-off lousy all day but then start to feel better after my rutabaga-containing evening meal.

My question: some time back the possibility of rutabaga’s anti-fungal effects killing off the saccharomyces boulardii was muted. At the time, it was thought not to pose too much of a problem. Has anyone any further thoughts on the matter? Ideally, I’d like to take the two simultaneously.

I tend to wait an hour after taking the yeast before eating.

Hello to any veteran posters still reading the board!

Len

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I’ll let someone else answer the s. boulardii question, but was wondering if you were following the Cutler protocol? Also, not sure if you’re choosing DMSA over DMPS because of the price or not, but the site to which I’ll link below now sells DMPS in their store, making it available without a prescription. I’m guessing you already know that if you’re following Cutler, but just wanted to let you know in case not. Cheers!

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I’m following the Cutler protocol. I am flirting with the idea of using DMPS instead of DMSA (although I have to use DSMA for lead at some stage), but I’d have to use the more expensive compounding pharmacy option because I’ve become allergic to corn-derived vitamin C. I might ask them if they can mix the DMPS with some cellulose filler instead. ALA + DMSA would be a pretty hard ride.

Cheers,
    Len

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t consume rutabega and boulardii at the same time…

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Back with a Saccharomyces Boulardii question’ is closed to new replies.