Back again

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sammcl 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rose8marie
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 11

Hello all!
    Not sure when my last post was, but I’m pretty sure it was sometime in November. Last time I was on here I had just started the Candida diet and was finding it hard to stay on it with all the food that my family cooks. I felt isolated and almost as if I was being snooty not eating what everyone else was eating.
    So needless to say, I stopped the diet and failed miserably.
    For a while I was fine, I tried limiting yeast and sugar as much as I could, but my sweet tooth (or the Candida’s sweet tooth) got the better of me. I have had recurring vaginal yeast infections in the past and after Easter’s candy, cake, and plenty of sweetened drinks, the yeast came back. I am so sick of having to deal with this that I am truly going to try and stick to the diet. I figure I’ll just focus on the meat (which I do love a good filet) and vegetables that are low in carbs. I can deal with cutting out most carbohydrates, but potatoes are still going to have to be there (I love potatoes!)
    I hope that this works out and I’ll keep an update coming.

And lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this site, even if you don’t get a reply to a post or a message, there is someone that was helped by your post and I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, encouragement, and their tasty recipes 😉

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Rose,

Check out the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth to the point where you can eat normal foods some of the time.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Rose,

You did not fail at all. You have acknowledged your mistakes and taken action to seek help which shows that you are will to do what it takes. Remember “There is no such thing as failure, only feedback”. We are all here to support you on your journey so ask if you have any questions.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

rose8marie wrote: Hello all!
    Not sure when my last post was, but I’m pretty sure it was sometime in November. Last time I was on here I had just started the Candida diet and was finding it hard to stay on it with all the food that my family cooks. I felt isolated and almost as if I was being snooty not eating what everyone else was eating.
    So needless to say, I stopped the diet and failed miserably.
    For a while I was fine, I tried limiting yeast and sugar as much as I could, but my sweet tooth (or the Candida’s sweet tooth) got the better of me. I have had recurring vaginal yeast infections in the past and after Easter’s candy, cake, and plenty of sweetened drinks, the yeast came back. I am so sick of having to deal with this that I am truly going to try and stick to the diet. I figure I’ll just focus on the meat (which I do love a good filet) and vegetables that are low in carbs. I can deal with cutting out most carbohydrates, but potatoes are still going to have to be there (I love potatoes!)
    I hope that this works out and I’ll keep an update coming.

And lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this site, even if you don’t get a reply to a post or a message, there is someone that was helped by your post and I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, encouragement, and their tasty recipes 😉

Thanks!

My advice on top of Rasters is to use this site often. When I feel my absolute worse I use this site to motivate me. When I feel good I use this site to further my research and support others going through this.

Everyone here took the time to help me when I first started so I want to do the same.

Any questions always ask – no question is a stupid question. We all learn by asking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Back again’ is closed to new replies.