Bacillus coagulans and Bacillus Laterosporus Bod

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bacillus coagulans and Bacillus Laterosporus Bod

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kzoo 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

is there any merit behind this review from amazon? and is o’donnell brand from global health trax? Any experience with Bacillus coagulans or Bacillus Laterosporus Bod? Are they safe? Should i return this brand? my thorne protein drink has b.coagulans also.
    http://www.amazon.com/Flora-Balance-Capsules-60/dp/B000POU0SS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1363071180&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=O%27Donnell+Formulas%2C+Flora+Balance%2C+The+Ultimate+Acidophilus+Plus+Bacillus+Coagulans%2C+60+Veggie+Caps+O%27Donnell+Formulas

I read great things about laterosporus, but then I checked this out:

patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5455028.PN.&OS=PN/5455028&RS=PN/5455028

Based on the above, O’Donnell patent #5455028(printed on the label) this laterosporus strain contains “mutants induced using chemical, radioactive, and recombinant techniques”, the later meaning GMO or genetically engineered DNA. GMO means these bacteria contain DNA inserted from other organisms.

The problem with is that mutations have a pleitropic effect, meaning the effects are unpredictable and multiple. This type of manhandling is not what I expected when I bought this “natural” product. Science has inadequate knowledge of how artificially induced changes in bacterial DNA effect structure and function. There are no long term studies, since genetic engineering is still new uncharted territory. Bacteria are known to readily exchange DNA, so Im not at all comfortable subjecting my own gut flora to some wild card DNA, which may be very different from the natural lateroposrus originally discovered in Iceland.

scroll down to BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENT :
    “Additionally, mutations can also be produced by recombinant techniques using restriction endonucleases(insertion or deletion of segments of DNA). Use of this technique is especially valuable to allow the deletion or insertion of large DNA fragments.”

-So large chunks of DNA are being manipulated, Im guessing to make the bacteria more commercial in some way? What is the real reason, is apparently a well kept secret, because the patent does not disclose that information. As another review rightly mentioned, you cant contact the company, because finding any contact information or any information at all beyond the patent link above, is impossible. Obviously, the company has no website, so Im sorry if Im misunderstanding or misrepresenting this product in any way.

It must be mentioned that some b. laterosporus strains are known to produce Bt toxin, a pesticide. Bacterial DNA responsible for this has been inserted in GMO crops, so that these plants can produce their own pesticide too. GMO corn and soy is found in most non-organic processed foods we buy, so we are actually eating mouthfulls of these toxins every day. (patentgenius.com/patent/6297369.html)

Several studies indicate the following health problems in connection to GMO in general:
    cancer, sterility, birth defects, liver and kidney failure.
    So thanks, but no thank you O’Donnell.

references:

state.gov/j/inl/rls/rpt/aeicc/57013.htm

uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/factsheets/transgenic.html

i-sis.org.uk/Bt_Toxin_Kills_Human_Kidney_Cells.php

earthopensource.org/index.php/reports/17-roundup-and-birth-defects-is-the-public-being-kept-in-the-dark

foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/three-approved-gmos-linked-to-organ-damage/

jay253

and what is a good source for the dds-1 or coagulans what do you use?

jay253

no one has tried these? it sounds like a easy and affordable candida cleanse,i just found the site. I ordered on iherb not sure if i should return or try it, they also say to use biotin which i don’t have. im taking candida clear for now. i don’t want to eat a mutant gmo probiotic haha! i have ate enough gmo already, i sure miss my Mexican restaurant the most..

http://www.flora-balance.com/index.html

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

dvjorge had some posts on some other strains worth checking out.

Here is one of his posts:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2208_Current-Probiotics-with-strong-anticandida-activity.aspx

He had one a week or go or so and mentioned some other strains. I cannot find this now.

-raster

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I tried the latero-flora and it caused a good amount of gut discomfort so I stopped doing it. But I can tell you that after the gut discomfort subsided that i did feel better after I took it. The strain in latero-flora is supposed to produce chitinase, which helps break down the chitin in candida’s cell wall. The Fungal form of candida contains much more chitin than the yeast form so this product can be useful for people that have some stubborn fungal candida.

“The diseases for which the present invention is effective can be any in which the underlying etiology is characterized as fungal. Alternatively, the present invention is also useful in animals where the normal gut flora has been eliminated or unbalanced as, for example, following severe viral gastroenteritis or high dose antibiotic therapy in order to aid in the restoration of the normal gut flora and prevent colonization by opportunistic pathogens. The term “animal” encompasses humans as well as non-humans.”

Sounds like this strain is designed for fungal candida for this strain produces chitinase.
    If your candida is mild to moderate and your afraid of the possibility of GMO altered strain than maybe this strain is not for you. I might try to contact global health to get more info. But a lot of companies will only tell you so much. I didnt feel toxic when i took the product but that was only short-term. I think the latero-flora strain is more designed for fungal candida than the B. Coagulans. Sf722 might be a better alternative if your hesitant with these strains. I did a Baccilus subtilis enema and that made me feel toxic. So some caution does need to be used with some of these strains. Also, we don’t exactly know if taking some of these isolated strains for long periods of time might cause Gut ecosystem imbalances?

The latero-flora product i took was from global health so i’m not sure if they have the same kind of patent or not. The ingredients look the same though. So they might be identical.

jay253

thanks! i think i have dysbiosis, stool is green and smells strange… im using, virastop and candida clear now and bitter herbals tea, then i will switch to bourlardii for a week then start the two o’donnels products. i need to learn with to use first. i will report back here after, then i was gonna find a lower bowl live probiotic with only acidophilus and bifidus or a yogurt enema or would it even matter if it included other strains? also i have nystatin im not sure if or when i should incorporate it though..

Sean
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

jay253;38935 wrote: is there any merit behind this review from amazon? and is o’donnell brand from global health trax? Any experience with Bacillus coagulans or Bacillus Laterosporus Bod? Are they safe? Should i return this brand? my thorne protein drink has b.coagulans also.
    http://www.amazon.com/Flora-Balance-Capsules-60/dp/B000POU0SS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1363071180&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=O%27Donnell+Formulas%2C+Flora+Balance%2C+The+Ultimate+Acidophilus+Plus+Bacillus+Coagulans%2C+60+Veggie+Caps+O%27Donnell+Formulas

I read great things about laterosporus, but then I checked this out:

patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5455028.PN.&OS=PN/5455028&RS=PN/5455028

Based on the above, O’Donnell patent #5455028(printed on the label) this laterosporus strain contains “mutants induced using chemical, radioactive, and recombinant techniques”, the later meaning GMO or genetically engineered DNA. GMO means these bacteria contain DNA inserted from other organisms.

The problem with is that mutations have a pleitropic effect, meaning the effects are unpredictable and multiple. This type of manhandling is not what I expected when I bought this “natural” product. Science has inadequate knowledge of how artificially induced changes in bacterial DNA effect structure and function. There are no long term studies, since genetic engineering is still new uncharted territory. Bacteria are known to readily exchange DNA, so Im not at all comfortable subjecting my own gut flora to some wild card DNA, which may be very different from the natural lateroposrus originally discovered in Iceland.

scroll down to BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENT :
    “Additionally, mutations can also be produced by recombinant techniques using restriction endonucleases(insertion or deletion of segments of DNA). Use of this technique is especially valuable to allow the deletion or insertion of large DNA fragments.”

-So large chunks of DNA are being manipulated, Im guessing to make the bacteria more commercial in some way? What is the real reason, is apparently a well kept secret, because the patent does not disclose that information. As another review rightly mentioned, you cant contact the company, because finding any contact information or any information at all beyond the patent link above, is impossible. Obviously, the company has no website, so Im sorry if Im misunderstanding or misrepresenting this product in any way.

It must be mentioned that some b. laterosporus strains are known to produce Bt toxin, a pesticide. Bacterial DNA responsible for this has been inserted in GMO crops, so that these plants can produce their own pesticide too. GMO corn and soy is found in most non-organic processed foods we buy, so we are actually eating mouthfulls of these toxins every day. (patentgenius.com/patent/6297369.html)

Several studies indicate the following health problems in connection to GMO in general:
    cancer, sterility, birth defects, liver and kidney failure.
    So thanks, but no thank you O’Donnell.

references:

state.gov/j/inl/rls/rpt/aeicc/57013.htm

uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/factsheets/transgenic.html

i-sis.org.uk/Bt_Toxin_Kills_Human_Kidney_Cells.php

earthopensource.org/index.php/reports/17-roundup-and-birth-defects-is-the-public-being-kept-in-the-dark

foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/three-approved-gmos-linked-to-organ-damage/

Sean

Interesting posts.

I am a microbiologist and have done consider research on the BOD strain. I know the players who developed it and I can tell you the Boyd O’donnell never spent any time in iceland. Thats just marketing BS.

I can also tell you that the testing they did was inappropriate and did not substantiate that the BOD strain did any thing at all. In fact Boyd was sued by reputable probiotic pioneers Natasha Trenev and Jarrow Rogavin of Jarrow Formulas. I should know, I was their expert witness in court depositions.

The Bod Strain has no safety data which means you take it at your own risk,,,it doesn’t have any real science behind it and the amount of cells in each dose are far below what is considered to be efficacious.

Boyd was a real estate salesman that bought a truck load of magic manure and they wanted to isolate an organism that was responsible for the amazing claims that were being made. They sent the magic animal poop to Siliker labs and Lo and behold ….they came up with the BOD strain which is named after Boyd O’Donnell. Boyd hired me to prove his strain was effective against candida and other pathogens. I spent 6 months in the lab and couldn’t do it. What I did find is that strains of B. latersporus were known to cause meningitis …I told Boyd this and he fired me…I didn’t even get my last check…well after i found out that the safety was questionable I felt it was my duty to join the other side of the suit because I believed and still believe that the strain is potentially opportunistic and dangerous

Those are my two cents….bacillus coagulans is a wonderful probiotic strain as is S.boulardii….but you might what to get a lot more info before you use Boyd’s strain….be well

jay253

wow nice post i already took the two products he sells didint notice anything, the reason the bootles are so afforable is theirs barely any pills in them! i dont think theres enough strength either. both products taste good like other probiotics and is a white powder unlike sum that have dirt and or herbs added in no fillers atleast. i started using powder nyastatin for a month and am noticing change……. white tongue is gone, im not finding candida strings any more and feces seem to be forming in my rectom but im still needed a enema to get it going, but much less water. my sigmoid pain is 50% better. i had a stool test done that found 3 parasites and it said no candida but i don’t believe it as i put candida strings and fluffy flakes in the samples weird, it was a cdsa test, so he wants me to take 2 powerfull antibiotics for 6 months!!! then two yeasts, brewers and sacch. afterwards oh and a liqiud wormwood during the antibiotics, i dont know if this is the right thing for me? im still haveing extreme fatige, malnourishment, and need a salivia gland surgery soon with a high risk of infection the doc said.

jay253

the reveiws online for bod seem good unless there all fake even on iherb, and is latero flora (bod) the same product as odonnels brand?

Doddy46
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 23

jay253;42039 wrote: wow nice post i already took the two products he sells didint notice anything, the reason the bootles are so afforable is theirs barely any pills in them! i dont think theres enough strength either. both products taste good like other probiotics and is a white powder unlike sum that have dirt and or herbs added in no fillers atleast. i started using powder nyastatin for a month and am noticing change……. white tongue is gone, im not finding candida strings any more and feces seem to be forming in my rectom but im still needed a enema to get it going, but much less water. my sigmoid pain is 50% better. i had a stool test done that found 3 parasites and it said no candida but i don’t believe it as i put candida strings and fluffy flakes in the samples weird, it was a cdsa test, so he wants me to take 2 powerfull antibiotics for 6 months!!! then two yeasts, brewers and sacch. afterwards oh and a liqiud wormwood during the antibiotics, i dont know if this is the right thing for me? im still haveing extreme fatige, malnourishment, and need a salivia gland surgery soon with a high risk of infection the doc said.

Woooah! Doctors don’t know what they are doing. I’m surprised you were able to get a Nystatin powder, I asked my doctor for it, and after going off the hook about how he went to school for “15 bloody years” to become a doctor, that candisasis does not exist unless you have HIV, then prescribed me a Nystatin suspension. So I filled it out and threw it out (not wanting to pissess off candida) and later will go back and tell him it got rid of my white tongue while I was on it, but came back a couple days after I ran out. Can I have the powder now? Having to manipulate my GP is absolutely absurd (same guy who told me not to use the Internet for my tinnitus info, and that the American and British tinnitus association aren’t real groups, and not to trust there information. Then went on to print me off a tinnitus info sheet, OFF THE INTERNET, dated back to 1988!!! Asshole.

Anyways, about your parasites, look up a product called “scram” by Healthforce Nutritionals, you can get from iherb.com they have good reviews, and are IMO the best supplements available. Maybe look into liver rescue 4+ while your at it, or just say to he’ll with it, and go for the whole level 3 healing cleanse. But beware, this has poor reviews based on its over effectiveness, as in, you cannot live a normal life while using it, most people give up. But the ones that touhed it out said it was nothing short of miraculous.

I haven’t been brave enough to try yet, but if you do and tough it out let me know how it goes, give me the confidence to try it myself. All his products are top rated, pure organic, no fillers. I use the vitamineral green, and vitamin C, only for about a week now, but I feel so much more energized,and my bloating has gone down a fair amount (might be the probiotics in the vitamineral green, or the fact I’ve drank over 80 oz fresh unpasteurized human colostrum and quite a bit of breast milk…so far so good, stool has more shape but is BLACK and still quite slimey)

Anyway, give it a go and fill us in. At least try the scram. IMO. If I had positive parasites I’d go for it.

NiuBlau
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

Sean;42027 wrote: Interesting posts.

I am a microbiologist and have done consider research on the BOD strain. I know the players who developed it and I can tell you the Boyd O’donnell never spent any time in iceland. Thats just marketing BS.

I can also tell you that the testing they did was inappropriate and did not substantiate that the BOD strain did any thing at all. In fact Boyd was sued by reputable probiotic pioneers Natasha Trenev and Jarrow Rogavin of Jarrow Formulas. I should know, I was their expert witness in court depositions.

The Bod Strain has no safety data which means you take it at your own risk,,,it doesn’t have any real science behind it and the amount of cells in each dose are far below what is considered to be efficacious.

Boyd was a real estate salesman that bought a truck load of magic manure and they wanted to isolate an organism that was responsible for the amazing claims that were being made. They sent the magic animal poop to Siliker labs and Lo and behold ….they came up with the BOD strain which is named after Boyd O’Donnell. Boyd hired me to prove his strain was effective against candida and other pathogens. I spent 6 months in the lab and couldn’t do it. What I did find is that strains of B. latersporus were known to cause meningitis …I told Boyd this and he fired me…I didn’t even get my last check…well after i found out that the safety was questionable I felt it was my duty to join the other side of the suit because I believed and still believe that the strain is potentially opportunistic and dangerous

Those are my two cents….bacillus coagulans is a wonderful probiotic strain as is S.boulardii….but you might what to get a lot more info before you use Boyd’s strain….be well

Interesting. Thank You.

I have read about the O’Donnell product on curezone. The whole Iceland saga and all. So I tried it. It didn’t do a thing.

Crazy how much nonsense is out there to make some money.

Thank You for the story.

kzoo

Hey, could you provide a link to that curezone thread?

NiuBlau;42367 wrote:
    Interesting. Thank You.

I have read about the O’Donnell product on curezone. The whole Iceland saga and all. So I tried it. It didn’t do a thing.

Crazy how much nonsense is out there to make some money.

Thank You for the story.

kzoo

Here is a study I found that may be helpful:
    http://www.anabio.com.vn/file/Coagulans-Sanders%202003.pdf

I would take any clinical study, conducted by the same company selling the product with a grains of salt. I would also remain skeptical of anyone who claims to work in the field, without providing credentials, research published in journals or at least cited sources (No offense to Sean). This is still the internet. Ultimately, it’s always best to trust/do your own research.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bacillus coagulans and Bacillus Laterosporus Bod’ is closed to new replies.