Awful ECZEMMA symptom- need Advice!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Awful ECZEMMA symptom- need Advice!!!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sassybella19 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sassybella19
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 13

I have this crazy eczema/dermatitis outbreak on my hand & arms on the opposite side of my elbow. It’s red & itchy with big blisters that keeps breaking/cracking & then crusting. Gross. It’s super painful. The worse parts are between my fingers. They’re so inflamed I can’t move them. I have noooo idea what caused it. So I’m going to start the detox & diet.

I’ve had slight eczema my whole life (was sick often as a small child (ear aches, tonsillitis, then appendix out at 18-so tons of antibiotics back then) but it got worse this year. I have these read & itchy patches around my ankles, backs of my elbows, near armpits, and of course hands & now neck- pretty much on an ongoing basis. Those started after I switched my makeup & shampoos to natural products, swapped moisturizer for coconut oil, stopped taking cortisol creams for my eczema, stopped drinking milk, & started taking vitamins. I also introduced a lot of food that are supposed to be healthy, i.e.: avocados, turmeric, hummus, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, flax seeds, chia seeds, cilantro…. That was all back in April 2012. So I’m fed up that these positive changes have made things worse & am starting a candida diet for then next 4 months. Also I intend to start working out again. If it helps I’m in my 20’s, am thin, only ever drank water, & have eaten relatively healthy for years besides wheat products & the occasional sugary snack. It must be candida!

So there are several things I’m wondering that you can shed some light on:

Since it’s Dec & this crazy dermatitis outbreak just happened I’m thinking it can’t be a die-off effect from April, especially since I hadn’t cut out gluten/wheat up until the breakout. What do you think?
    Could I have parasites?
    Which vitamins, minerals, & food in particular help eczema?
    To coincide with the candida diet should I be turning my house upside by getting rid of toxic cleaning solutions, washing all surfaces, linens, drapes, etc (I already switched to natural detergent from Trader Joes)
    Should I be wearing only cotton?
    I haven’t had ANY OTHER signs of candidiasis-ONLY eczema. Maybe brain fog but I”m not sure if that’s just me being dumb & tired from waking up early. I figure eczema is the first sign & I need to kill it before any of the other ones develop.

Thank you in advance! It is very much appreciated!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sassybella19;31345 wrote: I have this crazy eczema/dermatitis outbreak on my hand & arms on the opposite side of my elbow. It’s red & itchy with big blisters that keeps breaking/cracking & then crusting. Gross. It’s super painful. The worse parts are between my fingers. They’re so inflamed I can’t move them. I have noooo idea what caused it. So I’m going to start the detox & diet.

I’ve had slight eczema my whole life (was sick often as a small child (ear aches, tonsillitis, then appendix out at 18-so tons of antibiotics back then) but it got worse this year. I have these read & itchy patches around my ankles, backs of my elbows, near armpits, and of course hands & now neck- pretty much on an ongoing basis. Those started after I switched my makeup & shampoos to natural products, swapped moisturizer for coconut oil, stopped taking cortisol creams for my eczema, stopped drinking milk, & started taking vitamins. I also introduced a lot of food that are supposed to be healthy, i.e.: avocados, turmeric, hummus, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, flax seeds, chia seeds, cilantro…. That was all back in April 2012. So I’m fed up that these positive changes have made things worse & am starting a candida diet for then next 4 months. Also I intend to start working out again. If it helps I’m in my 20’s, am thin, only ever drank water, & have eaten relatively healthy for years besides wheat products & the occasional sugary snack. It must be candida!

So there are several things I’m wondering that you can shed some light on:

Since it’s Dec & this crazy dermatitis outbreak just happened I’m thinking it can’t be a die-off effect from April, especially since I hadn’t cut out gluten/wheat up until the breakout. What do you think?
    Could I have parasites?
    Which vitamins, minerals, & food in particular help eczema?
    To coincide with the candida diet should I be turning my house upside by getting rid of toxic cleaning solutions, washing all surfaces, linens, drapes, etc (I already switched to natural detergent from Trader Joes)
    Should I be wearing only cotton?
    I haven’t had ANY OTHER signs of candidiasis-ONLY eczema. Maybe brain fog but I”m not sure if that’s just me being dumb & tired from waking up early. I figure eczema is the first sign & I need to kill it before any of the other ones develop.

Thank you in advance! It is very much appreciated!

My our breaks were bad when I started & have struggled to completely heal my hands.

What i’ve tried:

-chickweed cream (with liquorice added), helped keep the hand moist but really made no improvement
    -dermovate (steroid cream), controls it, but thins the skin & once you stop it comes back. I choose to take this but by no means would advice it.
    -epiderm (petro chemical for washing), this helps control it, but again its not natural so once I finished it I didn’t get anymore. I did find it helped though
    -aloe vera & coconut cream, this was ok for a week or so but didn’t make a whole lot of difference
    -aloe vera gel, again it helps but hasn’t fixed it
    -suda cream (as a barrier cream), it helped for a while & I will use it when I work (I work at a gym)..

The things i’ve noticed really help, are the obvious stuff, keeping it clean & dry. The dry bit has helped me a lot. Previously I would put cream on it all the time, but was getting nowhere. So now when i’m at work I have gloves on, and if i’m cutting certain veg or fruit like lemon I also wear gloves. I avoid making contact with washing & cleaning products as well.

Also I only use natural soaps & moisturise with either coconut oil for the body & vitamin e cream, plus some tea tree oil for the face.

I’ve not completely cleared it up & noticed some natural anti funglas (especially too much garlic) can really set it off, but like yourself have been really frustrated by it so feel free to drop me a line if you have any further questions (i’m not an expert, I can just tell you whats happened with me).

sassybella19
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Wow I’ve been doing the complete opposite. I am constantly putting cream on it making sure they never get dry & eating tons of raw garlic to bring down the inflammation. I also read somewhere that lemon & apple cider vinegar put directly on it is supposed to help so I’ve literally been dumping those on.

Have you tried Espom salt baths? That seems to be the only reliable thing that gives me a break from it all. I’ve also dumped tons of Himalayan salt on the blisters to kill of any bacteria & of course it stings like all hell.

Did you follow the strict candida diet when trying to rid yourself of the eczema. I’m about to try it as my last resort.

Thanks!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sassybella19;31348 wrote: Thanks for your response. Wow I’ve been doing the complete opposite. I am constantly putting cream on it making sure they never get dry & eating tons of raw garlic to bring down the inflammation. I also read somewhere that lemon & apple cider vinegar put directly on it is supposed to help so I’ve literally been dumping those on.

Have you tried Espom salt baths? That seems to be the only reliable thing that gives me a break from it all. I’ve also dumped tons of Himalayan salt on the blisters to kill of any bacteria & of course it stings like all hell.

Did you follow the strict candida diet when trying to rid yourself of the eczema. I’m about to try it as my last resort.

Thanks!

Yes i’ve been following the diet since march. I eat more varied organic meat than is suggested, but otherwise i’m following it pretty much as it should be.

I’m at the stage where I can reintroduce foods, so have eaten pumpkin & sunflower seeds (pre-soaked & dried).

Yeah the epsom salt baths are great. However I notice when I cut garlic or touch salt it makes the skin worse. I’m ok with coconut oil though. Other things that can be a problem are okra & aubergine. I’ve read a lot about avoiding night shade veg with candida or leaky gut, but I think this diet says its ok.

I’ve only just started trying to keep them dry under my doctors advice. I also asked her about being referred for this: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/120692.php

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

Hi Sassybella,
    We struggle with eczema too. Dairy free and gluten free helps us a lot. What you describe makes me wonder about a food sensitivity. Personally, I find I can only tolerate garlic in modest amounts, so this is one I would consider cutting for a time if you have increased intake around the time the flare-up worsened. You said Epsom salt helps, so have you tried a magnesium oil dermally? I use one on my legs (not the affected area!) and also take a supplement, as I believe I was magnesium deficient from the gluten impacting my intestine. Dermal magnesium oil can tingle or even sting a bit at first, especially if you are deficient.
    We find the Renew cream from Melaleuca good, and try to use this as a break from steroids and cortisone.
    Do you take zinc and vitamin E? Both are good for skin health, and we also use cod liver oil, omega, including fresh ground flax seed and chia seed, evening primrose oil.
    My kids flare worst if they eat gluten, but I guess everyone is different. I also treat eggs, corn, tomatoes and more with suspicion, but so far gluten seems the strongest link for us. Since my kids are 5 and 7, the diet is hard…we are still working up to that. Over Xmas and during school esp. hard for them. I try to get grapefruit seed extract into them daily as a mild antifungal and we take probiotics and eat fermented foods where possible.
    We keep skin dry for the most part, short lukewarm baths, and ice pack wrapped in a dry washcloth is great for soothing unbearable itch. Moisturizing immediately after bath is very important, but not constant cream.
    Good luck,
    WH

sassybella19
    Participant

Thanks weehen. I’m going to try the magnesium oil dermally. I just ordered Vitmain E so I’ll try that. I eat a lot of eggs & raw garlic so maybe I should lay low on that for a while and see what happens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Awful ECZEMMA symptom- need Advice!!!!’ is closed to new replies.