Asthma Symptoms and Die Off

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Asthma Symptoms and Die Off

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  blt212 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

blt212
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

So glad I found this group. Could really use advice. I have been diagnosed with System Candida and was seeing a ND taking Caprin, Enzymes, Probiotics and sticking to a diet. My main symptom is rashes especially after eating anything containing Citric Acid. I avoid it at all costs but it’s in alot of foods and cosmetics so I’m not always successful. Anyway, after seeing the ND for 4 months I really didn’t get anywhere with reducing the symptoms so went to an MD and he prescribed Diflucan 100 every other day. Since taking it I’ve noticed asthma like symptoms, pressure in the chest, coughing and post nasal drip. In hindsight I also got this while taking the Caprin but at the time had a bad cold so didn’t put two and two together. Are these symptoms die-off? My MD says, yes, if so is there anything I can do to reduce the symptoms? The heavy chest breathing problem is very difficult to deal with and I’ve only taken 3 pills so far. He prescribed 10 over a 20 day span. I was also taking the Yeast eating Probiotic (Saccry etc) but have stopped for the time being thinking it might be making the die-off worse.

Please help, I’m 5 years into this battle and don’t want to give up if I’m finally making progress but it’s gotten scary with the respiratory.

Thank you,
    Brenda

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

blt212;38044 wrote: So glad I found this group. Could really use advice. I have been diagnosed with System Candida and was seeing a ND taking Caprin, Enzymes, Probiotics and sticking to a diet. My main symptom is rashes especially after eating anything containing Citric Acid. I avoid it at all costs but it’s in alot of foods and cosmetics so I’m not always successful. Anyway, after seeing the ND for 4 months I really didn’t get anywhere with reducing the symptoms so went to an MD and he prescribed Diflucan 100 every other day. Since taking it I’ve noticed asthma like symptoms, pressure in the chest, coughing and post nasal drip. In hindsight I also got this while taking the Caprin but at the time had a bad cold so didn’t put two and two together. Are these symptoms die-off? My MD says, yes, if so is there anything I can do to reduce the symptoms? The heavy chest breathing problem is very difficult to deal with and I’ve only taken 3 pills so far. He prescribed 10 over a 20 day span. I was also taking the Yeast eating Probiotic (Saccry etc) but have stopped for the time being thinking it might be making the die-off worse.

Please help, I’m 5 years into this battle and don’t want to give up if I’m finally making progress but it’s gotten scary with the respiratory.

Thank you,
    Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I feel your pain! I’ve always had asthma since childhood, and regularly take Singulair (and was taking Advair 250 for it). Since realizing I have mild candida, I stopped the Advair as I believe it was a contributor to oral thrush and dry mouth.

In my experience, Asthma symptoms are most definitely a symptom of die-off. Do you smoke?

I think a prescription anti-fungal like Diflucan is strong thus producing a more intense die off, and if you are taking probiotics, that probably is as well. I used to have constant mucous, but I went very slow with adding antifungal (coconut oil) because asthma symptoms are no fun. I have an Albuterol inhaler (that I try not to take), but that will definitely help the chest tightness and shortness of breath. I would talk with your doctor and explain what you are feeling since taking his prescription. He may give you a temporary inhaler until your die off lessens. Make sure you are taking MAAC and/or Milk Thistle. It should and would get better, especially if you have no prior history of asthma.

Good luck!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is happening is the toxins are going from detoxing via the skin to detoxing via the lungs. I talked to my naturopath about this at length and he said if the toxins are not being released from the body, then it builds up and effects one of the ways you detox. You detox via 3 basic methods, via the skin, the lungs, and the bowels.

I would check out these posts:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3012_Possible-alternative-to-molybdenum–Juniper-Berry-Extract.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4116_The-benefits-of-sweating-out-toxins-mineral-water-and-minerals.aspx

and

http://drlwilson.com/detox_protocols.htm

-raster

blt212

Thank you for the information. I am not a smoker and don’t usually get asthma. I do have Milk Thistle, Standardized Silymarin Extract 30:1, 150mg pills. How many of these should I take a day and when? As for the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, I will see if I can obtain at my local vitamin and health food store. I’m a bit hesitant to add too many pills at once because when I do this it seems to bring on more issues. Are these any side effects to the Molybdenum? I have not taken the diflucan yet today. It’s seem like the breathing/tightness problem is worse in the morning and has subsided a bit after taking an epsom salt bath. I think I might cut the dose of the diflucan in half until I get this die off under control. Do you think this is wise?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

To the best of my knowledge, the only side effect associated with MAAC is some demineralization with long-term use. To avoid this, you can drink nettle tea, which will help keep copper levels balanced.

raster
    Participant

Chelated molybdenum chelates minerals from the body like shayfo mentioned; it chelates both the good and bad minerals. If you supplement yourself with trace minerals, this should reduce the mineral loss.

I would take 400-600mg of milk thistle per day between meals and space out the dose.

-raster

Kag
    Replies: 402

I think that you should stick with the dose that your doctor recommends. You don’t want the yeast to become resistant. Also, I would try hot baths and showers, or maybe even sticking your head with a towel over a pot of boiling water. I think getting some steam into your lungs might help. Also, and I don’t know about the chemicals in it but metholyptus ointment has always helped me when my chest gets tight. It is stinky, but it might help you breathe easier.

Definitely go with something that will support your liver, that will help die-off.

blt212

Thank you everyone….I am feeling better this evening. I took the Milk Thistle…unfortunately the Health Food Store I went to did not have MACC….they recommended an Enzyme called Candec, I think it was called, to be taken in between meals. I didn’t get it because I told her about enzyme the ND gave me called Transformizyme by Metamorphosis and she said that would be good, it contains:

Amylase 1830 BAU
    Alpha Amylase 100 DU
    Glucoamylase 30 AGU
    Lactase 1500 ALU
    Sucrase 135 INVU
    Maltase 200 DP
    Pullulanase 25 PUN
    Cellulase 500 CU
    Hemicellulase 200 HSU

She said to take one between meals and it’s supposed to help with the toxins. Hopefully she’s right. Also what’s the thought on a hot tub…we don’t really over chlorinate…would be it useful too?

Kag

I think a hot tub sounds like a great idea, don’t know about the chemicals in the water though… I would be more like to go with a really hot bath to steam up your bathroom so you don’t breath chlorine in.

blt212

Good Point about the chlorine, there is definitely some in there. One last question, I think 🙂 Should I continue taking the Probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii while taking the Diflucan, I was told as long as you take them at least 2 hours apart it would be ok but I don’t want the die-off to be worse if I take the Probiotic too.

Kag

I don’t know. You may want to get someone more knowledgable to answer that. I take a probiotic with 50 million in it, but I don’t take that one so I don’t know. I think you should definitely be taking a probiotic if you are taking diflucan. To tell you the truth, I think MOST of us should be taking a probiotic, even healthy people. We just take so many medicines and eat so many foods that damage our systems.

raster
    Participant

If you are taking boulardii, I would not take it at the same time as antifungals. The antifungals will simply kill them because they are a yeast. I would consider boulardii when you are done with antifungals.

Keep in mind that it should take 6-18 months to recover from candida overgrowth so going fast won’t get you to reach a cure faster.

-raster

shayfo
    Replies: 668

You can try adding a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to your bathwater to help open up your congestion. You can pick them up at Whole Foods or most health stores. Don’t use them full-strength on the skin or ingest them, though.

blt212

So I finished the course of Diflucan – 100mg every other day and right up until the last pill I still got the asthma feeling the day after taking the pill. I then started my probiotic again, the Saccry Boulardi and I also got that Asthma feeling after taking it, the next day. Could this type of Probiotic be causing some dyeoff too and if so, should I alternate days. Lastly I thought I had this rash narrowed down to something to do with a connection to Citric Acid but I had a scratch test using Citric Acid and nothing showed up. Could it be that when I ingest it in some foods, it’s killing some yeast and then causing a rash…ugh, this is so darn confusing. The Allergist today, like so many doctors, just thinks this whole yeast thing is a crock. Called back the doctor who prescribed the Diflucan…he says, it worked if you feel better and there’s no test to see if the Candida Albicans number has decreased but that’s what the naturopath had run that showed it was high. I seriously am ready to give up….I’ve been living with this for 5 years and have gone to a dozen doctors and I’m seriously just tired of trying to figure it all out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Asthma Symptoms and Die Off’ is closed to new replies.