Aspirin stronger than ibuprofen as an antifungal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Aspirin stronger than ibuprofen as an antifungal?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I know there was atleast one thread in 2011 about the use of ibuprofen as a pain reliever, and how it had antifungal properties.

I cannot find any threads here on aspirin?

Can anyone here link me to threads speaking of salicylic acids?

I know of only that one thread in 2011, and the search engine here only shows that one.

I found this, and it is a rather old study.
    Id be horrified to learn that it was never taken seriously if there is any value in it!

As someone who digs herbs, I immediately thought “wonder if willow bark would rock here?”

If you havent read it- enjoy: http://aac.asm.org/content/48/1/41.full

If you HAVE read it, and fully understand it, feel free to break it down here for me.
    Especially if there is more recent evidence to the contrary, and if I have misunderstood the dynamic between candida and the way aspirin works.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I never tried aspirin because of the strong stomach/gut irritation it can cause. Aspirin is not for anyone with a sensitive stomach/gut. It can be pretty irritating to the lining of the stomach/gut. I tolerate Ibuprofen much better. Ibuprofen seems to work really well at shutting down the candida. After a while candida does seem to build resistance towards it and there can be some long term side effects if too much is taken for too long of a period. I use it ever now and then with good results. If you decide to try some aspirin let us know if it helps.

I don’t see white willow bark having much of an impact on candida. The salicylic acids in the herb our very minimal. You could try it and let us know if it helps. Better to make a tea out of it or buy a tincture. The bark can be hard to digest.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

jameskep;54377 wrote: I never tried aspirin because of the strong stomach/gut irritation it can cause. Aspirin is not for anyone with a sensitive stomach/gut. It can be pretty irritating to the lining of the stomach/gut. I tolerate Ibuprofen much better. Ibuprofen seems to work really well at shutting down the candida. After a while candida does seem to build resistance towards it and there can be some long term side effects if too much is taken for too long of a period. I use it ever now and then with good results. If you decide to try some aspirin let us know if it helps.

I don’t see white willow bark having much of an impact on candida. The salicylic acids in the herb our very minimal. You could try it and let us know if it helps. Better to make a tea out of it or buy a tincture. The bark can be hard to digest.

I have never taken aspirin,only ibuprofen myself.

I understood the reason that no one uses it for candida was because many have leaky gut, and this would aggravate it 🙁

Psyched you responded,Jameskep…I have followed your posts elsewhere as well.

I guess I was hoping that the “aspirin a day” docs tell some people to take would be beneficial, and over time create a better environment.

I may try it, but im on alot of blood-thinning foods so I need a strategy first if I decide to go there 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Aspirin stronger than ibuprofen as an antifungal?’ is closed to new replies.