ashwagandha/die off

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ashwagandha/die off

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Just trying Nutrigold Ashwagandha to help with stress, but two days in and die off feels loads worse. Anyone else had this or maybe it’s just coincidence?

Thanks!

Mark,
    UK

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I have never used this herb.

Anecdotally, people say it can cause a build of of toxins if elimination is weak, but I dont know that to be accurate.

I have not read where it is an antifungal , I have however read where the essential oil was capable of killing candida. Maybe it is causing die-off , what are your die-off symptoms? Web MD says it is sedating and depressive.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks VC!

My die off is basically muscle aches and pains/weakness, joint pains, stiffness, fatigue, and then if really bad it moves into muscle twitches, bones cracking/clunking, tearfulness, anxiety etc.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Ashwaganda is not going to cause die-off. Your probably having a bad reaction with the herb itself. Herbs in nature are designed to inhibit pathogens not kill them.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks James, I definitely feel significantly worse, pins and needles in my face too. Maybe I should stop taking it huh!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Ashwagandha doesn’t cause me problems. I don’t even know if I benefit from taking this herb. If there is benefit, it will probably be very little. Either way, I have to investigate this further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ashwagandha/die off’ is closed to new replies.