Article on excess fats being the problem

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Article on excess fats being the problem

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  fixme 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

celiandy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I came across this article. It goes against everything I’ve read, so I feel like it’s bogus, but haven’t really researched the facts yet. Does anyone have any insight on it?

Here’s a paragraph from it – The way to beat candida is simple: you have to understand that candida is an issue that comes from eating too much fat, not too much sugar. When we eat too much fat, that excess fat in the bloodstream diminishes insulin sensitivity, so sugar isn’t carried out as fast as it should to the cells. It accumulates in the bloodstream, feeding the candida yeast that is naturally present there. The candida then proliferates to “eat up” the excess sugar. The answer isn’t to consume less sugar, or to try to kill the candida — but to go at the root of the problem, that is, to consume less fat.

Here’s the link to the whole thing – http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/candida.html

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

celiandy;33352 wrote: The answer isn’t to consume less sugar, or to try to kill the candida — but to go at the root of the problem, that is, to consume less fat.

If I may quote my great-uncle Earl, “This is hogwash.”

If the statement quoted above was true, our protocol wouldn’t work, and it does.

Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

AHHHH!!!!!!!! (#*$&#(*$&@!!! to low fat raw veganism!!!!!! DUDE I cannot tell you how many people tried to convince me to do that instead of a candida diet like this one because I had to go un-vegan to fix myself, despite the fact that when I broke my veganism for the first time in over a year to eat eggs, it was the first day I had actually had energy in as long as I could remember :p

Because my food intolerances got so bad from the leaky gut, I literally could not eat anything with plant protein up until I started adding back in buckwheat a couple weeks ago, but people would just not freakin’ listen.

AHHH!! Sorry, resentments, I haz them.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

A few months back I tried a week of less then 10% of calories from fat. Its was ONLY a week but I didn’t feel any better.

This is a similar concept that Dr. Douglas Grahme has wrote about with his “80/10/10 diet” book.

oh_livia
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

Dr. Cousens says candida come from the combination of too much fat and too much sugar. Cut down significantly on one of them and your Candida will be healed. The particular path you choose should depend on your body type. Some people do better eating a lot of fat

alexalgebra

Olivia – I have heard that…but it seems like every story I’ve read about someone who did 80/10/10 to get rid of their candida managed to get rid of their symptoms, but the second they stopped eating all raw, they came back with a vengeance. It doesn’t seem like the best way to go about it…I wouldn’t want to eat 25 bananas a day for the rest of my life :p Doing the no sugar route has actual success where eventually, although you can’t go back to eating total garbage all the time, you can add back in a lot more foods than you can with lfrv.

celiandy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I enjoy reading all your responses. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone getting rid of candida with a low/no fat diet, but I guess it must’ve worked for some, to make a believer out of this guy, but I guess almost anything works for some people.. He does have a lot of specific science info in the article, some of it is true, but I think he’s gone running with it a bit to make it fit his ideas. For instance, I don’t know if fat thickens blood, does that sound true? I couldn’t find anything that said it was true. I think LDL cholesterol would thicken blood, but not good fats, from coconut, nuts and avocado.

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

I didn’t eat any fat before and had serious menstrual cramps and pain, it wasn’t until i started to eat fat again that the cramps and the pain disappeared :-]

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I have been doing 80/10/10 for about 5 days. Was desperate for a change/variety in diet and the reasoning (aka sales pitch) was convincing. Thrush is now WORSE. Haven’t felt any stomach upset from the fruit though..thought I would with leaky gut. Don’t trust the 80/10/10ers! They don’t look healthy (sunken faces)

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

This is complete bs. All one would need to do is experiment on themselves. Try eating a couple of spoons of coconut oil which is all fat and then eat a candy bar which is all sugar and then compare the reactions you will get.

alexalgebra

Yeah, everyone I know on 80/10/10 looks really sickly. We NEED (healthy) fat!! It lubes our organs and our brains and gives us energy.

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I think I would have been farther along without ever starting the 80/10/10 but I’ll take it as a learning experience..I’m not “scared” of other food anymore. Can’t wait to eat hemp butter again 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Article on excess fats being the problem’ is closed to new replies.