Are you Able to help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are you Able to help?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

Hello friends 🙂

I am a long time friend of candidiasis 🙁 and suffered from yeast infection for as long as i can remember. Luckily i haven’t had a yeast infection in a while but i am itchy today. I believe candidiasis has manifested itself as many other problems in my body. Debilitating fatigue, moderate eczema (since childhood- not sure whether candidiasis came first), allergies; food allergies, depression and anxiety. I fear i haven’t properly dealt with this for far too long and tried everything (first threelac, daily probiotics, martha vineyard’s -7 day cleanse, and a healthful diet predominately vegan (besides eggs, honey and goat dairy) and gluten-free.) The stress i put on myself to achieve health is oxymoronic.

My plan is to start the candida cleanse ASAP. I want to do it for a month-as I’ve had candidiasis for pretty much the duration of my life (age 21). Then the next month i will slowly reintroduce foods into my diet.

I will sub the detox drink for the lemon and water Able900 suggested. Also i will implement milk thistle (in pill form?), digestive grape bitters, molybdenum and candidate in stage 2. Wait, certainly i don’t need to use ALL these supplements, nor can i afford it. Which ones should i use Able900? And are they all in stage 2 or can i use them before? Veto the liver flush drink too? If i stuck to the soup broth idea could i use premade organic soup broths (pacific natural foods) instead of homemade? Also can i do enemas at home instead of colonics?

I’m hesitant to start this diet now as i am in transition with moving and may not have access to such a diet soon. But one day will never come!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

“Debilitating fatigue, moderate eczema, allergies; food allergies, depression and anxiety”

Reply: These can all be symptoms of a yeast overgrowth, i.e. Candida albicans.

“I fear i haven’t properly dealt with this for far too long and tried everything – first threelac, daily probiotics”
    Reply: Threelac is a complete waste of money … and it’s supposedly a probiotic. If you’re saying that you took Threelac along with another probiotic, which did you take?

“a healthful diet predominately vegan (besides eggs, honey and goat dairy)”
    Reply: Honey is a type of sugar which feeds the Candida every time it’s eaten, prolonging the existence and multiplying the Candida. Goat dairy including the yogurt and kefir are excellent.

“My plan is to start the candida cleanse ASAP. I want to do it for a month-as I’ve had candidiasis for pretty much the duration of my life”
    Reply: I do not recommend the cleanse shown on this website. If you’re doing to do a cleanse/detox, read all of different posts under the title “THE SITE’S SUGGESTIONS.”

“Then the next month i will slowly reintroduce foods into my diet.”
    Reply: How can you possibly know that you’ll be ready to reintroduce new foods in exactly one month from starting the cleanse? Trust me, you won’t, no one is. You cannot go by a pre-planned timeline. I’m sorry to say, but this is a ridiculous idea. The cleans and diet must be taken one day at a time or not at all for success.

“I will sub the detox drink for the lemon and water Able900 suggested.”
    Reply: In the sentence above you are saying that you plan to take the detox drink that the site suggested; did you intend to say the opposite?

“Also i will implement milk thistle (in pill form?), digestive grape bitters, molybdenum and candidate in stage 2.”
    Reply: You will need at least the Molybdenum with the cleanse as the cleanse normally produces die-off symptoms.

“Wait, certainly i don’t need to use ALL these supplements, nor can i afford it. Which ones should i use Able900?”
    Reply: If you can, keep the Molybdenum, milk thistle, and grape bitters in your plan, leaving out the Candidate only which is the most expensive. If you can’t do this, at least try to take the Molybdenum and the milk thistle during the cleanse and throughout the entire treatment if possible.

“And are they all in stage 2 or can i use them before?”
    Reply: See above response.

“Veto the liver flush drink too?”
    Reply: The liver flush drink is fine if you wish to do it.

“If i stuck to the soup broth idea could i use premade organic soup broths (pacific natural foods) instead of homemade?”
    Reply: Eating any processed (organic) food depends on the ingredients. In the case of the broth you named, it contains an autolyzed yeast extract which is a fermented additive which can feed the Candida infestation.

“can i do enemas at home instead of colonics?”
    Reply: Whichever you choose, if either, is your choice. According to Mayo Clinic research, there is little scientific evidence to support or refute the benefits of colon cleansing, and it’s generally considered unnecessary and at times may even be harmful.
    Also, research done at the Georgetown University School of Medicine and Providence Hospital consisted of reviewing 20 different studies on colonic cleansing. The result was the following confirmation: whether performed with supplements, water, or herbal remedies, colon cleanses do not actually do anything positive for the body. In fact, the statement claimed that they can be potentially dangerous where side effects are concerned. These are just a few reason why I prefer not to recommend them. Yet, I suppose that most Candida patients choose to do this. But regardless of what you may read elsewhere about enemas, do not do a coffee enema.

Good luck on your move as well as your treatment.
    Able

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

Able900,

Thank you for your time, consideration and knowledge! Okay so long ago(maybe 5 years) i took threelac along with another probiotic i found online. I was thinking(along with everyone else) if i can splurge on this and cure myself, i’ll do it! As we both know neither worked. I am now more knowledgeable about candida.

I am aware honey is a no go! I hadn’t been following the candida diet. I was just traveling for 6 months in Asia and hadn’t considered candida as a cause of my health problems at that point. I was more concerned with parasites. I did a healthforce naturals parasite cleanse when i got back. Hard to say if it truly worked, but my stomach and digestion is better. Needless to say, it opened the flood gates for candida. I am now almost certain my allergies are derived from candidiasis. One alcohol binge abroad and i was out of commission for the week, itching my skin off.

My plan for starting this cleanse is not set in stone. I suppose i was thinking out loud as to how long it might take. I realise this take’s the utmost patience, commitment and insight (discipline to see the REAL insight). I will wait till symptoms go away to start reintroducing foods, however long it takes. Now i understand you don’t recommend the cleanse shown on the site at all. Just a vegetable (mostly raw) diet, lemon water, digestive grape bitters, molybdenum, milk thistle and candidate (although i won’t spend for the last one- thanks for the tip btw). I will further educate myself on these supplements.

I meant to say i will take the lemon water as you recommended instead of the site’s suggested psyllium husk drink.

The soup broth idea was just for if i’m on the run. Obviously soup made from fresh organic vegetables is ideal. The ingredients for the soup broth i found are

* Filtered water
    * Organic carrots
    * Organic celery
    * Organic carrot juice concentrate
    * Organic tomatoes
    * Organic onion juice concentrate
    * Organic garlic
    * Organic tomato paste
    * Organic onion powder
    * Organic garlic powder
    * Organic olive oil
    * Organic leeks
    * Organic spices

No autolyzed yeast extract.

I am surprised to read that excerpt from georgetown university. Where did you get that?I have read in many different medias stating the benefits of colon therapy and i have experienced them myself. I was constipated for years and now find my peristalsis more functional. It can remove years of hardened waste from the intestines that could otherwise rot and create a breeding ground for candida.I am surprised to read this from georgetown university. I wonder what potentially dangerous side effects they speak of.

Couple more questions:

Do you know of any doctor’s who specialize in Candida? I expect a similar answer, which is to go to a naturopath who knows more about candida than the modern medicine man.

We need to educate people! Looks like you are our only hope Able 900! Thanks for being awesome 🙂 I will try and get in touch with the site and see if we can’t update this thing! It’s bizarre that we are secretly waving off the site and searching the forum for answers. I suppose my best bet is to get a doctor on paper involved.

Take care honest Abe. I’ll keep you posted on my progress and let you know if i have any other questions. Cheers

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Naturopathic doctors are very often familiar and specialized in dealing with candida, so I recommend visiting a naturopathic doctor for best advice and a good solid plan.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Are you Able to help?’ is closed to new replies.