Are Tomatoes OK?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are Tomatoes OK?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  dragonfly 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

deliamacp
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello!

Wondering about Tomatoes? I know they say they are OK on the site but there seems to be some debate. Canned Tomatoes are a no right? What about cherry tomatoes? They seem to me like they would be really high in sugar.

THANKS!

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Yes tomatoes are fine…as told by my holistic Dr…If buying canned then I would check that there are no other ingredients but fresh is good. They are the main thing I eat right now 🙂

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Tomato’s are not apart of the strict diet because of their high sugar content.
    I would probably keep them out of your diet for a while.

Side Note: any canned acidic fruit/vegetable leaches chemicals from the metal can itself.

deliamacp
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

So is it a mistake on the site? The list of “Foods to Eat” on the strict diet includes tomatoes. Seemed weird to me though, I’ve been eating more tomatoes than anything the last 2 days because of the sweetness I think!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The website’s “strict diet” is not very strict, really. Most people on the forum are following a stricter diet formulated by user Able900 with (I believe) input from user Raster. Tomatoes are not included on the forum strict diet because of their relatively high sugar content. If you’d like a copy of the diet we’re using, send a message to Able900 and he can give it to you.

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Now I’m wondering if I should stop eating tomatoes! I don’t have any candida symptoms anymore at this point and have always had them in my diet. I have no reactions when I eat them so now I’m confused. Opinions vary so much…My holistic Dr seems stricter than my naturopath which is interesting too.

Kag
    Replies: 402

I didn’t eat tomatoes in the beginning but now add a few to my salad and eat occasional jarred (no sugar) spagetti sauce. I treat tomatoes sort of like fruit, I just eat them in extreme moderation. They are very good for you, but do have a lot of sugar so just be easy with them.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

Thanks for the clarification, Able; I incorrectly thought I remembered reading somewhere that raster had consulted somewhat on the diet list. That wouldn’t make sense, though, I guess, since he mentions eating things not on your list.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

shayfo;37028 wrote: Thanks for the clarification, Able; I incorrectly thought I remembered reading somewhere that raster had consulted somewhat on the diet list. That wouldn’t make sense, though, I guess, since he mentions eating things not on your list.

No problem, Shay. I was really just taking advantage of the chance to explain the strictness of the diet.
    Actually, the diet which I removed from the forum did have some input from Raster, but as I stated, I’ve changed it back to its
    original design. So you could have read remarks written during that time.

Take care, Able

pakalla
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Hi Able,

I would love to look over your version of the diet. I have been strictly following the diet listed on this website for two and a half months now and 60% of my symptoms are gone, but I need to kick that other 40%. I’ve learned to really love this diet. No food addictions, never feeling drained after eating. Every food I eat energizes me! I start off my day with seeds (quinoa cereal) and never have those day-long carb cravings anymore. I don’t plan on quitting this diet any time soon.

Anyway, I cut out tomatoes after reading this post last week and I’d really like to know what else I should be doing. How should I contact you or send you my email address?

Thanks,
    Kim

not4sakn
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Able,
    Do you mind sending me this information as well?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

pakalla
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Wiley200;53255 wrote: You can see the strict food list here – http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

This links to a revised version of Able’s list. I would still like Able’s original list if possible.

Kim

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able removed his content from the website so we don’t have a list to give you. His list is like 95% the same.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I still have a copy of his list:

Foods that can be eaten throughout your treatment are below. It’s recommended that (3) different vegetables are eaten at least 3 to 4 times a day and at least one vegetable with snacks.
    Artichokes
    (Jeruselem Artichokes are an especially good source of *Inulin)
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    Bok choy
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts (a strong antifungal)
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard or Swiss Chard
    Collard greens
    Cucumber
    Dandelion greens
    Eggplant (no more than once a week)
    Endive
    Garlic (inulin source)
    Green bell peppers
    Green beans
    Jalapenos (antifungal)
    Kale
    Kohlrabi
    Kim Chi
    Leeks (Inulin source)
    Lettuce
    Mustard Greens
    Okra (non-breaded)
    Olives (packed in ACV only)
    Onions (Inulin source)
    Radish
    Rutabaga (strong antifungal)
    Rhubarb
    Sauerkraut (fermented & free of distilled vinegar)
    Seaweed
    Shallots
    Spinach
    Sprouts (green)
    Swiss chard
    Turnip
    Turnip Greens
    Watercress
    Zucchini
    •As a prebiotic, Inulin fiber encourages the growth of healthy
    intestinal bacteria which naturally allows the population of flora to
    be reestablished in the intestines. Most vegetables contain at
    least a small amount of Inulin, those vegetables which are known
    for their Inulin amounts are pointed out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Are Tomatoes OK?’ is closed to new replies.