Are tomatoes allowed?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are tomatoes allowed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I didn’t see tomatoes listed on either foods to avoid or foods to eat. I realize it’s a fruit, but it’s not sweet. I love pico de gallo and hope I’m allowed to eat it.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Tomatoes are not on the strict diet because some members had reactions to it. Depending on where you are with your treatment, you could test it and see if it causes a reaction for you. Also, I think it has little bit more sugar than other veggies so if you decide to add it to your diet, don’t add it too early and don’t overdo it. It could also mess with the acidity of the gut so caution there as well.

I eat them occasionally and try to limit myself to one tomato per day and not every day. I am three months into the treatment.

Arijana

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

I know there is a debate regarding this issue. But from personally experience I can tell you that I had no problem while I was doing the candida diet and putting tomato in my juice

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

Hmmmm…well, the only way I like to eat tomatoes are in pico, so perhaps I’ll just keep that to a minimum, and instead flavor things up with garlic, onion and a few other herbs. For those who aren’t affected by tomatoes, just try pico on your eggs or any salad. DELISH!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Tomatoes are a fruit; if you eat them, eat them in small amounts. There is about 5g of sugar per tomato and certain types have less sugar than others.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2682/2

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are tomatoes allowed?’ is closed to new replies.