Are these items acceptable?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are these items acceptable?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and have been struggling with a yeast infection for the past ten months. I’ve finally gotten my head around to fighting this infection and starting the diet.

I haven’t been able to do the pre-diet cleanse due to a number of reasons so I’m currently in the stage/phase 1 part of the diet. I’d like to know if the following items are acceptable for the candida diet:

-Guar Gum
    -Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk
    -Organic Curry Powder
    -Tomatoes
    -Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green)
    -Organic Quinoa
    -Organic Garbanzo Beans and Sesame Seed Paste
    -Garlic Oil Softgels
    -Almond Milk

Furthermore, I’d be grateful if you could let me know what particular anti-fungals/probiotics you would recommend I take. I’m currently taking candida clear caps, organic oregano oil, a 13 strain 30 billion CFU stabilized probiotic, and I’ve started using coconut oil in my cooking. I order my products off iHerb due to my current location, so would prefer items that I could purchase on there.

Thanks for any help.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

M wrote: Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and have been struggling with a yeast infection for the past ten months. I’ve finally gotten my head around to fighting this infection and starting the diet.

I haven’t been able to do the pre-diet cleanse due to a number of reasons so I’m currently in the stage/phase 1 part of the diet. I’d like to know if the following items are acceptable for the candida diet:

-Guar Gum
    -Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk
    -Organic Curry Powder
    -Tomatoes
    -Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green)
    -Organic Quinoa
    -Organic Garbanzo Beans and Sesame Seed Paste
    -Garlic Oil Softgels
    -Almond Milk

Furthermore, I’d be grateful if you could let me know what particular anti-fungals/probiotics you would recommend I take. I’m currently taking candida clear caps, organic oregano oil, a 13 strain 30 billion CFU stabilized probiotic, and I’ve started using coconut oil in my cooking. I order my products off iHerb due to my current location, so would prefer items that I could purchase on there.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome mate! There are some items not acceptable in stage 1 of our diet here in the forum. For a good start read these links here:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

all the best
    and a happy new year with health for you!
    Thomas

M

Thanks for the link Thomas. I’ll read through it and then reply further if anything still puzzles me. My current diet consists of two natural, plain yoghurts for breakfast, or a slice of coconut bread (though the flour contains a gram of sugar), and for lunch a green salad with olive oil/lemon juice and sometimes with tomatoes or a boiled egg/brown rice cracker. For dinner I rotate between chicken, eggs, or brown rice with some veggies. I usually pan-fry rather than bake but will start to use the oven a bit more now.

I’m taking a probiotic, oregano oil, coconut oil, and candida clear tabs. It’s been almost two weeks now. Am I on the right track at least?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

M wrote: Thanks for the link Thomas. I’ll read through it and then reply further if anything still puzzles me. My current diet consists of two natural, plain yoghurts for breakfast, or a slice of coconut bread (though the flour contains a gram of sugar), and for lunch a green salad with olive oil/lemon juice and sometimes with tomatoes or a boiled egg/brown rice cracker. For dinner I rotate between chicken, eggs, or brown rice with some veggies. I usually pan-fry rather than bake but will start to use the oven a bit more now.

I’m taking a probiotic, oregano oil, coconut oil, and candida clear tabs. It’s been almost two weeks now. Am I on the right track at least?

hi
    check that the coconut flour you bake with is hundred percent organic and free from sugar. Keep the tomatoes as test item for stage 2. The same with the brown rice cracker. Have your intake of protein mainly from organic eggs, these you can have every day. Keep your meat intake to twice a week wild caught lax or organic chicken.

How is your die-off? How are your sympthoms clearing up?
    cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would save tomatoes and pepers for phase 2 because they contain sugar and tomatoes are considered a fruit. If I were to eat tomatoes or peppers, I would eat them sparingly or in low amounts.

I tried quinoa myself and after 3 days of eating it I got a pretty bad reaction. Candida can adapt to foods that are not on the allowed foods list pretty easily and quinoa is a good example of a food where this is possible. I would consider rotating it with black/red rice and buckwheat so that the candida doesn’t get used to it. Of course, consider any of these test food items and try them seperately.

Garbanzo beans contain low amounts of starch and should be saved for phase 2 if you plan on eating them regularly. If you eat them every day, it can feed the candida. I used maybe 10-20 garbanzo’s on my salads and that is about it. Sesame seeds should be saved for phase 2 because they are a dried food item and contain molds.

The garlic should be OK and I am taking this as well.

Almond milk is also another iffy item that should be used sparingly or phase 2. Almonds contain molds like sesame seeds. If you soak the almonds and then make almond milk, there will be much less molds present when you make it.

I would consider either HMF Neuro which is a human derived probiotic that contains human micro flora (which binds to your intestinal walls better than any other probiotic) or megafoods which contains DDS-1. I just started the megafoods one and am pretty impressed.

For a great long term antifungal I would consider getting SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research. It is an antifungal that candida cannot adapt to easy. The oregano oil is fine and I would stop the candida clear caps when the bottle is done. Another one to consider is grapefruit seed extract but will only be effective for a few weeks to months.

-Raster

M

@Thomas,

No real die-off yet as far as I’m aware but it’s only been a couple of weeks since I started the diet, and I skipped the cleanse, so I guess it’s gonna take some time for the anti-fungals/probiotics to take effect and start working. Haven’t come across organic chicken or beef yet so it’s been regular chicken breasts so far, but I’ll start to cut down even though it’ll be hard initially.

@raster,

Sadly, I’m not able to import megafoods probiotics because they won’t ship them over here, but I came across floraSMART 50 billion and 80 billion CFU probiotics which look pretty potent and contain a good few different strains. Only downside is that they are quite expensive. Not sure if you’ve heard of them or taken them before. It’s quite difficult to get hold of items where I’m currently located. Organic veggies and eggs are easy to find, but other things much less so, which is why I’m ordering all of my stuff from iherb.
    I’ll look into the SF722 you mentioned. Does it matter if I take a bunch of different anti-fungals at the same time? Or should I take them one at a time for a couple weeks and then switch to another one?
    I think the hardest part is not knowing what to eat and getting bored of eating eggs/veggies all the time. Guess I’ll have to make buckwheat bread as much as possible. How about using brown rice flour once in a while. Is that acceptable?

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want to start at a lower count probiotic, then it might not be so hard on the body. Maybe start at something between 15-30 billion per pill. Then go for something like 45 billion and up higher if you want. Its up to you, but it may cause more die-off.

Or just start at one pill per day and then go up to 3 pills per day after a few months…

The brand you suggested I have heard of; its actually made by renew life. They make pretty standard/average probiotics but it won’t have any drawbacks other than not having human derived bacteria.

As far as antifungals; I would add one at a time every few weeks depending on how bad you feel. Week 2: add garlic, week 4: add SF722, week 6: add oregano oil, etc…something like this.

I wouldn’t mess around with the brown rice flour. I would stick to the buckwheat/coconut bread and eventually you can try more foods as you get better. Veggies is one safe food item that you can have forever.

-Raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are these items acceptable?’ is closed to new replies.