Are 'sweet lemons' ok on the strict forum diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are 'sweet lemons' ok on the strict forum diet?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

It’s that time of year when these become available and as a favourite in our family as well as being a huge cold/flu buster and massive source of vit c I thought I would double check it’s ok.

Wiki page says it has LESS sugar then a standard lemon, 1.7g compared to 2.50g [each per 100g].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus_limetta#Nutrition_facts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon#Nutritional_value

I’ve been having a few but keeping consumption low but now with this information it seems they are fine. Thoughts?

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ask able900 for a copy of the diet and you won’t have to ask…

We do recommend it on the diet.

-raster

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

raster;40688 wrote: Ask able900 for a copy of the diet and you won’t have to ask…

We do recommend it on the diet.

-raster

I have a copy of the strict diet, it says lemons and limes but these aren’t conventional lemons so i thought i’d ask, i found the sugar content information as i was writing the thread.

I thought being ‘sweet lemons’ they might cause a problem but it seems the bland sweetness is more to do with low acidity then sugar.

I also wanted to let people know there out there, they might not be as sweet as an orange but they are refreshing, you quarter them and eat them like an orange, don’t leave them to stand or keep them to long as they will go bitter.

They are very popular to get over colds and flus.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

This is a valid question, and a very good one. I don’t agree that the forums diet list would answer this question. Seems odd to tell eskimo pup to look there.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are probably 500 different types of lemons, so do you expect us to list each kind?

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are 'sweet lemons' ok on the strict forum diet?’ is closed to new replies.