Are probiotics effective if they are chewed?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are probiotics effective if they are chewed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I’ve started giving my 2 1/2 year old regular (not children’s) probiotics. They are in tablet form and she just chews it, then swallows. I’m wondering if this is okay. Is it still effective?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Angel29;52471 wrote: I’ve started giving my 2 1/2 year old regular (not children’s) probiotics. They are in tablet form and she just chews it, then swallows. I’m wondering if this is okay. Is it still effective?

Im just curious why you would not use children’s probiotics?

The ones we use are children’s, because I wanted everyone to be able to take them…but it says not for use in children under 2. Not sure why.

Have you asked a pediatrician?

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Because the children’s probiotics are very expensive, not to mention and come in capsule form, so I know my daughter won’t take them. What kind do you give your kids?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Lots of parents give autistic kids probiotics in similiar ways and get good results. Some brands dont even come in capsules.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

These “good results”, if they exist, are certainly not caused by these probiotics. There are, of course, much more plausible explanations for these “good results”.

If probiotics would help autistic persons, they would certainly be advocated. In addition, any connection between probiotics and autism would be a true breakthrough discovery which would cause an enormous stir in the scientific community.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are probiotics effective if they are chewed?’ is closed to new replies.