Are organic veg essential, or can you get away with non organic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are organic veg essential, or can you get away with non organic?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jem
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hiya, I am just reading through the diet plan, getting ready to start phase 1 and am wondering if it is essential to buy all organic veg & eggs, or can you get away with non organic if you cant get organic, as long as you stick to the foods on the list? Love to hear your experience here, many thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the thing is, pesticides are designed to destroy bugs.  But what if there is still residue on the veggies, what kinds of things do they do to the gut?  They have atleast looked at roundup and here is some info about that:

http://www.foodrenegade.com/link-between-roundup-ready-gmos-disease/

So I would eat only organic if possible, I don’t think you can get better without it.

-raster

Jem
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hiya raster, thank you kindly for your response, which makes a lot of sense. I have another question if you don’t mind, in fact I am sure I will have a  ton more over the next couple of months if thats not a problem for you lol. It mentions in the detox, phase 1 recipes, a recipe of bean sprouts and spinach, which bean sprouts are we talking about here? I make my own mung bean, bean sprouts yet it mentions that mung beans are things that are to be reintroced in the final phase  so I am a little confused. Could you please clear that up and let me know which bean sprouts we are talking about for phase 1, or if mung beans are ok to eat in phase 1 if there in there sprouting form as the chemicals are different then.

Many thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There isn’t really one set of foods that you should draw from, but in general, you should avoid dairy, gluten, sugar, molds, high starch items, aged items, etc.  You should try out every food for a week with it, and a week without it to see if it works.  You’ll be able to tell pretty easily and everyone needs to make tweaks and changes in their diet as they experiment and get better.  For instance, I couldn’t tolerate a green apple for 6 months and then one day it wasn’t so bad.  In general you should be more strict starting out and get broader with diet as you get better.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Are organic veg essential, or can you get away with non organic?’ is closed to new replies.