Are eggs okay for stage 1?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Are eggs okay for stage 1?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  arstrig 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

arstrig
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hello CandidaDiet Forums,

My wife and I are both doing The Candida Diet, we are starting day 3 and have only been eating only food found on the stage 1 approved foods, so almost all green veggies. I saw a few recipes for ‘stage 1’ items on this forum that have eggs and stevia in them. I thought eggs and stevia were both ‘stage 2’ food items. Is it okay to cheat a little and have the occasional egg – we both feel like we could use some extra protien from eggs and some stevia sweetened stage 1 baked goods sound like they would be so delicious right now.

Thanks for any advice,
    Arstrig

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

arstrig wrote: Hello CandidaDiet Forums,

My wife and I are both doing The Candida Diet, we are starting day 3 and have only been eating only food found on the stage 1 approved foods, so almost all green veggies. I saw a few recipes for ‘stage 1’ items on this forum that have eggs and stevia in them. I thought eggs and stevia were both ‘stage 2’ food items. Is it okay to cheat a little and have the occasional egg – we both feel like we could use some extra protien from eggs and some stevia sweetened stage 1 baked goods sound like they would be so delicious right now. Thanks for any advice, Arstrig

Hello, Arstrig.

Having eggs every day isn’t cheating as they’re on the list of allowed foods that the forum follows.

Here’s a link to the foods you can have on phase one.
    Diet (Food List):
    http://www.thecandidadie…ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Stevia is fine for stage one after a week or two; just look at the label and make sure that it contains only raw stevia, but if it has FOS or inulin, this is acceptable as these are prebiotics added to the sweetener.

Let us know if you have questions.
    Able

arstrig
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi Able900,

We shared a few eggs and feel way better, we also picked up some wild caught sardines packed in olive oil and wild-caught soho salmon from TJ’s and are going to be putting these on top of big salads topped with olive oil, lemon juice, and S&P.

We decided to hold off on stevia and coconut flour for the time being (since we’re only on day 3) but we found a good stevia product that claims to be 100% stevia with no additives in the whole foods section of Fred Meyers. We also found some Bob’s Redmill coconut flour that we are planning to pick up next week so we can make some coconut flour bread.

We did however decide to get some Yogi tea rooibus chai that has organic rooibus, organic cardamom, organic cinnamon bark, organic ginger root, organic clove bud, and organic stevia leaf. We’re going to try using this in moderation and just have 1 glass a night – the tea is supposed to have a natural cleansing effect so we’re hoping this will help support our liver with the increased toxins from the yeast die off. I know most diets recommend staying away from tea, but we’re hoping that with only 1 cup a day it will be okay and help break the tedium of only having water.

Thanks for the quick response! It’s awesome having this forum to help with the questions and I’m glad that both my wife and I are doing this together, since we are able to support each other while we are on stage 1 of this diet. We are both looking forward to stage 2 and looking at some of the recipes (like buckwheat and eggs, coconut bread, pumpkin muffins, etc.) have us drooling in anticipation of being able to reintroduce foods.

One thing we’ve been eating quite a bit of is tomato and spaghetti squash (2 spaghetti squash and 2 tomatoes shared over the last 3 days) which were on the candida diet’s website but I noticed they are not on the approved list that the forum goes by. I assume this is because the starch/sugar content. We’ll be cutting these out of our diet, but we did make some really awesome spaghetti squash with a pesto made out of a whole avocado, a handful of fresh basil, 5 cloves of garlic, 1/6th white onion, 1/2 heirloom tomato (very dark), a little olive oil, curry powder, a sprinkle of cayenne, and salt & pepper. Definitely super tasty but we don’t want to prolong the first phase of this diet any longer than we have to by eating bad foods so no more spaghetti squash and tomato for the time being 😛

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Are eggs okay for stage 1?’ is closed to new replies.