appeal to Raster, Three years "clean" and then…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions appeal to Raster, Three years "clean" and then…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pamay 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pamay
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Hi Raster,
    In December 2013 with six months on strict diet, I got in trouble with Rice flour. At that time you helped immensely and I got back on beam and felt better in only a couple of weeks. I stayed on the strict diet for two years, gradually adding beans, tomatoes, some nuts. I never felt deprived as I cooked and baked creatively. During this time I can testify that I healed my leaky gut. Three years ago June, at 65 years old, I was at death’s door, so I had no problem following protocol and diet all this time, it was a choice to live, you see.

Two years ago, the candida pretty much eradicated, I began suffering from the H pylori that had been lurking underneath. I healed that too with mastic gum and coco oil; so I was pretty darn balanced and okay for quite a while. Again, I knew because of the age of my organs and that I was so sick three years ago, I would never be able to eat (nor did I have a desire to eat) like Able or others after a full cure. I’d also like to add that even before three years ago and to date, I was never overweight, I practiced yoga, and was drug and alcohol free for over 30 years, nor was I a processed food eater or a sugar addict. My down fall was chronic over use of antibiotics for years, a whacky raw food diet in 1990 that included raw meat, hence parasites) a vast consumption of fruit smoothies and fructose jam, potatoes, corn, other root vegetables, and RICE.

A few months ago, after not eating for comfort for many years, and due to a depression of being confined in 105 dgree heat wave for months( I live in the NM desert), I began eating Beano chips, even though I knew they were made with rice flour), graduated to brown rice cakes and then white rice cakes, started ingesting bottled salsa made with very sweet tomatoes, and making kefir/frozen raspberry, blueberry “frozen yogurt.” I went into complete denial when my candida/h pylori symptoms returned. finally, utterly gut sick, I returned to the strict candida diet/protocol though this time I did not have the support as I did in Florida three years ago. After a week on the regime I began to notice it was the h pylori that was the dominant infestation. Sure enough, when I began the mastic gum, mega die- off began, primarily nausea, headache, fatigue, constipation. My pure diet continues, and I refer to my notes of three years ago and search questions on forum. Basically, I have to come off on the brussel sprouts and mastic gum for a few days. and yes, I am taking supplements for my adrenals and molybedum and probiotics, etc.

Losing patience with the fact this will again take time though, Raster, I can only hope you would say, with only a three month infestation, it won’t take three years as it did with the 40 year infestation I suffered three years ago June.

I guess I am saying all this to admit and accept that Rice products (or any other product that turns to SUGAR like corn) is as bad for me as alcohol or candy bars. Others may not react like my old body did, but all the same, I put this confession down and only hope I can bear with this till the die-offs cease.

I just think of those little beasts that cling to the walls of my gut screaming, “yippee, here comes a Beano Chip, lets multiply by the zillions and beg for more!”

Pamay, in recovery.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

Thanks for coming here to share your story and expert advice.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All I got to say is that you need to continue to take supplements when you cheat. There are a variety of ones I recommend including okra pepsin, L-glutamine, zypan, AF betafood, pro-gest digestive enzymes, SF722, megasporebiotic, HMF neuro, etc. If you can keep acidity of stomach up and keep digestion flowing (not get constipated) then there will be little detriment. The L-glutamine and okra pepsin are especially good for controlling inflammation. If you can reduce inflammation then you reduce places where candida can find a home. Also if you can break down the food you eat with digestive aid supplements then this should provide less food for the yeast because its already broken down. Constipation and slow digestion = home for candida.

You’ll be fine within a month though but SIBO is much harder to treat than yeast.

-raster

pamay
    Participant

Raster, thanks for all you said here. I am at present taking just about all the supplements you have suggested and more so. The mastic gum for the h pylori really does the trick for me though first nine days were a pretty heavy die-off. Today is first day I feel a bit more balanced. I am still on the strict diet and I’m doing okay. I feel encouraged by your support — about a month. It’s pretty much what figured it would be. “Cheating’ can surely sneak up…I am out of denial!

It’s great you are still on the forum, a great service…

Pamay

sarahjade
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Have you gotten any treatment for the H. Pylori? To be honest, It is much easier to let doctors treat your H. Pylori then deal with the dysbiosis naturally after.You can’t eradicate it with supplements and diet alone. Atleast see a Naturopath or an Herbalist with a degree to get serious antibacterials. Theres a treatment for it, you don’t have to live years like this!

pamay
    Participant

Thanks all, for your responses here.

Raster, you were right, I seem to be back in balance five weeks later. And how you simplified the process for me by using the word “cheat.” It never ceases to amaze me how the head can con itself into thinking…a little bite here or there. but infestations build up and I never get away with it.

I am done with anything rice-y or sweet berry-y forever. It is not worth it. I hope to slowly begin eating beans again, but not safe yet.

Each body is different but for me, going back to strict diet and protocol — I just age veg, eggs, and coco/oat bran bread for a month (and after 3 years, I know how to cook to make the foods taste great and satisfying) — and for me, the mastic gum does the trick, and I knew it was working because I had similar die off symptoms for h pylori as the candida years ago. Also upped my supplements. and while in die-off took molybedum. I am really grateful this clean-up took under 6 weeks. When I was almost a death’s door June 2013, the die off seemed forever.

Nothing feels better than to have digestion working and to feel balanced in the gut.
    I wish everyone here good luck. If we don’t feed the candida and other bacteria, and be steadfast with supplements and attention to body, there can be recovery.

Pamay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘appeal to Raster, Three years "clean" and then…’ is closed to new replies.