Anyway to hide my email address?

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support Anyway to hide my email address?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anna 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Anna,

A lot of people are starting to email me, which is great, but I would prefer that they email me only through the forum and not by going to their mail account and pasting in my email address. Is there any way I can get my email address to be “hidden” so that they only email me through the forum?

I am awfully confused about how this can even happen because I can’t seem to see other peoples email addresses under their profile…

-raster

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Raster

When someone looks at your profile they will see two buttons – one that says PM and one that says EMAIL.

– If they click PM then they can send a private message to your forum inbox.
    – If they click EMAIL then their message will be sent direct to your email, but without them ever seeing your actual email address.

I understand how it can be confusing as their email will appear to have come directly from their hotmail/yahoo/gmail account. This is because the software adds their address to the header of the email. However they will actually only see your email address if you reply to them.

There is a way for me to disable the EMAIL button and force everyone to use PMs instead. The only problem is that this is a top-level function that will apply to all users – I can’t apply it individually.

I obviously don’t have access to members’ PMs and emails so I have no way to tell how much each one is being used. If a few more members agree with you then I would be happy to do this.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Please let me know if you use the EMAIL button regularly, or if you would be happy to see it disappear.

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

anna wrote: Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Please let me know if you use the EMAIL button regularly, or if you would be happy to see it disappear.

I’m afraid my vote goes with email over a PM, and I have no problem with the members sending messages to my email account. But I sometimes have a problem with the PM box being full through the day; a guy has to work, etc, so it’s sometimes difficult to keep it empty in which case the members have to go on the forum and ask me to empty my box (I’m assuming that these are members who are unaware of the “Email” icon). I will normally reply to them by email instead of PM and ask them to reply to my email if they need to continue the conversation. I guess this is saying that if I couldn’t use email as a way of corresponding, then I would need much more space in the inbox on the forum.

Just my two cents.

Thanks, Able

anna
    Keymaster

OK I increased the maximum number of PMs that you can store from 30 to 500, so hopefully you won’t see your inbox getting full for a while now. Let me know if you still have any problems!

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

anna wrote: OK I increased the maximum number of PMs that you can store from 30 to 500, so hopefully you won’t see your inbox getting full for a while now. Let me know if you still have any problems!

Thanks, sounds great, Anna.

Able

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Hi, Can you tell me how to delete this account?? Thanking you in advance.

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Doual

No problem at all, I will delete your account right away.

Best
    Anna

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyway to hide my email address?’ is closed to new replies.