Anyone's opinion welcome. Trying to figure out where I am going wrong.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anyone's opinion welcome. Trying to figure out where I am going wrong.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Maybe someone can pinpoint where I went wrong so that I dont do it again.

I ate some salad greens with lemon and cider-vinigar ( maybe a tsp ) and had a little broiled broccoli with a roasted garlic clove.

Felt good, so 15 minutes later I took a children’s probiotic (says to take with food).

I got the dizzy,spacey feeling again. Im having trouble with my sight. Kind of feel like I want to pass out, maybe its my blood pressure?

I realized later that the probiotic has a small amount of xyletol, which I know is bad, but im thinking with how little I am eating and avoiding sugar, why would this negligible amount of xyletol hit so hard?

I never burp,and im burping. Gross.

Should I avoid those probiotics? Avoid bragg’s apple cider vinigar?
    Avoid garlic? This is why Im afraid to eat.

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Hey,

I was three weeks into the my diet when I first tried xylitol, and lets just say I wont ever be trying it again. My body went into a frenzy :(.. I had a really bad experience with xylitol, when I spoke to my Doctor she had advised me to stay away, she also said it was uncommon to take a reaction but she had a few patients who in the past that had.

DAN.

Vegan Catlady

I used to have it in chewing-gum all the time a few years back, but I certainly didnt have this reaction to it then either…. I think Im staying away from it too, Dan!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

xylitol can cause problems, but so can probiotics…

Vegan Catlady

Im beginning to wonder.

There is so much contradiction in the Candida-Diet world.
    My head spins,lol.

Kitchen of Life says xylitol is actually antifungal,like carrots are slightly,so both are controversial.

I heard both are bad for candida too.

I dont know what to make of the probiotic; I have taken this very one several times before and felt good.

Weird.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Its most likely an immune based reaction to one of those things, see if you can isolate it.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

You could also have a problem with sulfur foods (garlic, broccoli). If you wanted to find out whether or not you react negatively to sulfur foods you could eliminate them from your diet for 1-2 weeks and see if you feel better.

Personally, I don’t tolerate any sulfur foods, and basically have to eat a strict anti-candida diet with no sulfur foods to feel my best. My intolerance to sulfur is likely because of a CBS gene mutation. Genetic testing can reveal this type of information for you.

I will also say that if you have candida you almost certainly have other problems as well that you just haven’t discovered yet. The candida diet will get your candida under control, but will not cure you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My recommendation to you catlady is to maybe stick with the diet you have had for awhile and slowling make small changes until you are on a stricter diet. Each food item you add or remove could cause problems and you need to be quite aware of them as you make changes. There are a variety of testing diets out there where you can do this…I think one is called the GAPS diet as an example.

Or I would start strict with salads/veggies and slowly add in more stuff over time…its your call.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

ThomasJoel2;52437 wrote: You could also have a problem with sulfur foods (garlic, broccoli). If you wanted to find out whether or not you react negatively to sulfur foods you could eliminate them from your diet for 1-2 weeks and see if you feel better.

Personally, I don’t tolerate any sulfur foods, and basically have to eat a strict anti-candida diet with no sulfur foods to feel my best. My intolerance to sulfur is likely because of a CBS gene mutation. Genetic testing can reveal this type of information for you.

I will also say that if you have candida you almost certainly have other problems as well that you just haven’t discovered yet. The candida diet will get your candida under control, but will not cure you.

Thanks Thomas.

I eat sulfur foods regularly,always have without issue 🙂
    Maybe Im eating them too much now,lol.

I think your right, I think there is another issue causing me to be acidic, although for the life of me I couldnt tell what it is.
    My diet is extremely alkaline.

But I think if I find out what that is, the candida will go back to normal.

Fingers crossed.

Vegan Catlady

raster;52442 wrote: My recommendation to you catlady is to maybe stick with the diet you have had for awhile and slowling make small changes until you are on a stricter diet. Each food item you add or remove could cause problems and you need to be quite aware of them as you make changes. There are a variety of testing diets out there where you can do this…I think one is called the GAPS diet as an example.

Or I would start strict with salads/veggies and slowly add in more stuff over time…its your call.

-raster

thanks raster, I just wish I could have my starches again 🙂

I was always eating a mostly raw all veggie/fruit diet, but now that I see that I could have an attack even with this simple diet, which freaks me out a little.

I will be strict (my old diet minus the starches). I cant experiment with this, since I am responsible for other people all day and my last attack made me useless.

I look forward to hearing how my doctor thinks I should handle it…im not optimistic since she is an md and not a naturopath .

I did do some fat intake tonight which I dont usually do… canola/olive mix.
    Next time I will use one with flax in it.

That may turn out to be a positive change 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone's opinion welcome. Trying to figure out where I am going wrong.’ is closed to new replies.