Anyone with Gingivitis as a symptom?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anyone with Gingivitis as a symptom?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lar356
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi all
    First I would like to thank you all for the valuable info on this site and forum.
    I believe I have had cadidiasis for a number of years. I had quite a few of the symptoms and have been on the diet and protocol now for three months( The strict diet for the most part) and sticking to it with exception of a couple small set backs. I have lost weight unfortunately but I see it as only temporary. Most of my symptoms are gone…sleep is still hit and miss, but overall it is much better and I’m feeling good. Just lacking energy at times due to the diet.
    My biggest concern is my gums. I take really good care of my teeth and self in general but my dentist has been trying to cure my swollen gums for about as long as I think I’ve had candida, which is years. He recently sent me to a Periodontist who has performed three laser surgeries(before the diet),which normally heals the problem. My gums were looking really good and swelling was gone but the swelling has gradually come back. ( mainly in the front) He asked me if I breath with my mouth when I sleep which I don’t. Now even he is stumped.
    I was pretty much sure it has to do with the candida. But it’s not getting better yet. I don’t know if it will just take more time or what. I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions from anyone with experience with this…and/or support.
    Please email me as I’m having issues with viewing older posts on the forum.
    Thank you all for your time and consideration and have a great day.
    Larry

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello larry,

If your immune system is suppressed by something like candida or parasites, it will be unable to do its basic core functions to heal and survive. So in other words, your bodies resources are being spent on healing and fighting candida and its neglecting other bodily tasks such as oral health.

After being on the diet for 1 year 2 months, I can safely say I’ve been cavity free for the last year! I was out of work for 2 years before starting the diet and I had 9 cavities (when I was my illest). Going from that many cavities to none is a pretty big improvement in my opinion! I still brush my teeth the same (once a day) so nothing else has changed other than my immune system health and my diet.

I’d also consider contacting my naturopath who makes magnesium chloride which purifies the blood in the body and removes plaque from the blood. It also removes uric acid deposits and promotes colon health. Its also antifungal.

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also, if you switch from fluoride toothpaste to fluoride free toothpaste you may notice a benefit. If you have fluoride in your water, this could be a detriment to your oral and general health as well. I feel that fluoride doesn’t strengthen your teeth but the opposite.

Lar356

Thank you Raster
    That definitely makes sense..I will see if I can get my hands on some magnesium chloride. Can’t hurt to give it a shot.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

You might consider trying oil pulling. Have heard remarkable turns in dental health from daily pulling; though I have slacked with mine and this serves as a reminder of how important it is to get back to pulling. It can completely heal gums and whiten teeth over a period of time. Probably best to pull first thing upon waking, then brush well then consume your morning h2o.

Even read where someone gives their dog a daily spoonful of EV coconut oil and the poochie has excellent oral health and no doggie breath.

Think raster might be onto something with the magnesium. The big tip being your sleep issues as well (deal with those myself). Since the body tends to regenerate at night/sleep, you might consider using a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement before bed. I also suggest looking into iodine supplementation which requires higher doses of daily magnesium, vit-C and selenium to be effective. I have to use either l-trytophan, valerian, melatonin or high doses of ashwaganda/5htp to get significant blocks of sleep. Think this is all tied into the adrenal/thyroids needing support which most of the above really helps: particulary the iodine/magnesium/selenium/vit-C. Had a rough go of it initially but, my low body temps upon rising have started to improve. Heard it can take a month of healing for every year these systems have been worn down so, suppose it’s best to be patient.

Lar356

Thank you very much for the info…I’m going to give the oil pulling a try…see what happens.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

I’ve also just read where plaque is a symptom of adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid ….. certainly my dental issues increase while under a HIGH degree of stress – combination of life situation combined with attempted low carb/nosugar candida diets. This suggests a further deterioration of endocrine function.

You might want to take your body temp and see where you stand. A low body temp highly suggests adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid……may save yourself some time along your healing process.

Blessings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with Gingivitis as a symptom?’ is closed to new replies.